+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Got fingered for the 2nd time

Got fingered for the 2nd time

Had my second appointment at the Urology clinic.Prostate seems ok more bloods psa,alfafetoprotein,hcg and ldh looking for testiicular tumours.Mri scan soon a bit worried but the Dr seems to think all is well.

Re: Got fingered for the 2nd time

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Had my second appointment at the Urology clinic.Prostate seems ok more bloods psa,alfafetoprotein,hcg and ldh looking for testiicular tumours.Mri scan soon a bit worried but the Dr seems to think all is well.
    Just done a Tarot card reading for you mate,you got a long life ahead of you, but unfortunately you will still be a missable fecker.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Just done a Tarot card reading for you mate,you got a long life ahead of you, but unfortunately you will still be a missable fecker.
    Have you been speaking to my Mrs

I know what you're going through.

Hope all goes well.

Fingers crossed, though hopefully not during the examination.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Fingers crossed, though hopefully not during the examination.
    I would have an arse like a wizards sleeve.

Can't remember if you've had a biopsy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Can't remember if you've had a biopsy.....
    No not yet.

I had a biopsy after a PSA reading of over 10 and a 'finger' examination. Not the nicest of experiences - especially as with all the muck in that region, post-biopsy infection is possible. And that's exactly what I got. The doc quickly put me on a massive hit of anti-biotics 'cos he said if an infection got hold there, it could be the devil to eradicate.

Anyway, the biopsy came back clear. My PSA dropped to about 6 and has been steady ever since. I'm sure the original high reading was due to hard cycling. I also had blood in my semen a few months back - and again I put that down to cycling. Three weeks ago, I had a little blood in the urine - but that was an infection. The reason I'm prattling on here is that there can be all manner of reasons for prostate probs - not necessarily the BIG C (as guys have said on here). So maybe best not to dwell on things until the docs have a definite prognosis - which may well be quite positive.

I've been taking saw palmetto which I'm sure has helped - and about three weeks ago, I started using pygeum and I feel I can see a definite improvement already. My objective is to manage the prob naturally and gradually shrink the prostate so that all the associated symptoms improve.

I wish you well with the results of the tests.

I had a biopsy after a PSA reading of over 10 and a 'finger' examination. Not the nicest of experiences - especially as with all the muck in that region, post-biopsy infection is possible. And that's exactly what I got. The doc quickly put me on a massive hit of anti-biotics 'cos he said if an infection got hold there, it could be the devil to eradicate.

Anyway, the biopsy came back clear. My PSA dropped to about 6 and has been steady ever since. I'm sure the original high reading was due to hard cycling. I also had blood in my semen a few months back - and again I put that down to cycling. Three weeks ago, I had a little blood in the urine - but that was an infection. The reason I'm prattling on here is that there can be all manner of reasons for prostate probs - not necessarily the BIG C (as guys have said on here). So maybe best not to dwell on things until the docs have a definite prognosis - which may well be quite positive.

I've been taking saw palmetto which I'm sure has helped - and about three weeks ago, I started using pygeum and I feel I can see a definite improvement already. My objective is to manage the prob naturally and gradually shrink the prostate so that all the associated symptoms improve.

Thank you very much,hope you keep on the clear path.Things can only get better

All the best mate.

All the best

if you dont mind me askig how old are you mate? am 47 and have to go to the hopital for the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    if you dont mind me askig how old are you mate? am 47 and have to go to the hopital for the same thing.
    61 in March

Plenty of good advice there - based on what was said during my prostate scare three years ago and what has been said during his, I'd like to think that it will end positively for Jeepster.

Best of luck .

As the old white mail enters its senior years it hard to smile sometimes , we are considered as dinosaurs for our views , not diverse enough , too old to work in the modern world , sexist, grumpy , things stop working , and then someone wants to apply a finger where the don't shine , happy days , rise up , be strong .