+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kadeem Harris...

Kadeem Harris...

I left Cardiff before he joined City in January of 2012 so I've not actually seen him in the flesh.

Is he finally showing he can become a regular starter and, dare I say it, something of a star player?

Re: Kadeem Harris...

was at the game last night and for me was the only city player who could make something happen and looked very sharp when running with the ball especially first half when we were up against it . hope he can be a first team starter now to see if he can do it on a regular basis but on last nights performance looks the part .

I wonder if he'd pity he never got much of a look in under Slade, or he could have made this breakthrough a while ago

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder if he'd pity he never got much of a look in under Slade, or he could have made this breakthrough a while ago
    What the hell. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Where's Binman when you need him 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Where's Binman when you need him ��
    Bollox Knew you'd pipe up!!

Fair play the fella has stepped up to the plate in the last few games - sensible Leeds supporters (there's an oxymoron if ever there was one) were extremely impressed with him.

As you know I'm yet to be convinced - so is Warnock hence his attempt to get Hayes from Aberdeen.

Lets see how he gets on against a team on Saturday who are sitting back and not allowing space which no doubt he was afforded in the last two games as they were attacking us and played into Warnocks hands

Saturday is going to be a right battle - it will need a bit of magic (hopefully early) to undo them - I will be hoping Kadeem does it as what Cardiff fan wouldn't want the fella to suceed.

I will admit he is obviously better than the Pat Heard comparison I once unfairly accused him of!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Bollox Knew you'd pipe up!!

Fair play the fella has stepped up to the plate in the last few games - sensible Leeds supporters (there's an oxymoron if ever there was one) were extremely impressed with him.

As you know I'm yet to be convinced - so is Warnock hence his attempt to get Hayes from Aberdeen.

Lets see how he gets on against a team on Saturday who are sitting back and not allowing space which no doubt he was afforded in the last two games as they were attacking us and played into Warnocks hands

Saturday is going to be a right battle - it will need a bit of magic (hopefully early) to undo them - I will be hoping Kadeem does it as what Cardiff fan wouldn't want the fella to suceed.

I will admit he is obviously better than the Pat Heard comparison I once unfairly accused him of!

Think that's the thing with wingers, they can look world beaters one day, pants the next.

Remember Franz Carr at Forest, amazing skills, would beat 5 players then cross it into row Z.

Harris's final ball still needs a lot of work, but he is refreshingly direct , pretty quick and works hard.

He's improving, but needs to do it consistently and as the likes of Hoilett and Noone proved - that's not easy.
    One strong quick full back, backed up by a hard working wide midfielder and he could look very ordinary again.

One other thing I like is that he obviously didn't allow his head to drop after the Norwich miss. Strong character or very good manager ?

One other thing I like is that he obviously didn't allow his head to drop after the Norwich miss. Strong character or very good manager ?[/QUOTE]

No doubt its the manager - theres obviously a player there - Warnock identified it early on.

Very good manager indeed.

Such a shame it took so long to find him

He' said out of contract soon.
    Another reason why Tan needs to sort Warnock's future asap.
    He's got work to start imminently

You have to be exceptionally good as a winger to deliver MOM performances , week in and week out.

Harris has been causing havoc for opponents down their right (especially in combination with Declan John) for years at Development team level and he also appeared to be the catalyst for a phenomenal run of results for Brentford in League One when he went there on loan. Therefore, I've always thought that he was not far away from becoming an influential player at Championship level.

I give a little credit to Russell Slade for giving Harris some chances during 2014/15, but, just as with so many other young City players, our former manager was guilty of missing a marvelous opportunity to see how the winger would fare when given the sort of prolonged run in the first team that he could have had during the completely meaningless last two months of that season.

I think it was Gringo who said that Warnock has turned two young players who were going nowhere here when he arrived into the sort of performers who could possibly net us the sort of transfer fees which could bring about significant improvements to the squad if their development continues at it's current rate and if the current manager especially was given the proceeds of either of their sales as part of his football budget.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 16-02-17 at 04:54.