+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: And, yet again, I get proved wrong as City win at Derby in seven goal spectacular!

And, yet again, I get proved wrong as City win at Derby in seven goal spectacular!

Re: And, yet again, I get proved wrong as City win at Derby in seven goal spectacular!

Thank you , great read, Bob.

Kadeem has come on so much (under Warnock) and appears to have "bulked up" a little which gives him that bit extra to enable him to beat his man. He is an exiting player.

Re: And, yet again, I get proved wrong as City win at Derby in seven goal spectacular!

At last a manager who is giving game time to the youngsters. After we hit the 50 points I hope he starts the likes of Healey, John and Mark Harris. Lets see if they are championship quality. Its paid dividends with Kadeem and Ken.

Struggle to see where Lambert, Pilks and to a lesser extent Whitts are going to play regularly.

Re. losing interest in football, I know where you're coming from. Sky Prem. games are more often than not 'defence v attack, and the camera lense they use and the distance from the pitch makes it a impossible [for me anyway] to distinguish the players. Let's face it though, the game isn't as exciting as it used to be, a bit more akin to that over 60's walking football than the thrills and spills it should be producing.

Going back to last night I flicked back and fore a few times, the 1st to see City 2-0 down, and then at half time to see we had pulled a goal back. Last night was the 1st time in a long while when I thought 'we could snatch something from this'. Any time in the past 4 seasons I'd be expecting the home side to pop in another goal to stifle City's brief spell of hope, or at least close up and hang on for the points. Not so last night. It reminds me a little of when Richie Morgan took charge, and turned a team of losers into a side that could win practically anywhere..

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    At last a manager who is giving game time to the youngsters. After we hit the 50 points I hope he starts the likes of Healey, John and Mark Harris. Lets see if they are championship quality. Its paid dividends with Kadeem and Ken.

Struggle to see where Lambert, Pilks and to a lesser extent Whitts are going to play regularly.

After last night's game Warnock talked about getting to 50 points & then trying one or two things. Based on that I can certainly see a number of our youngsters being given a chance to impress in the first team. Mark Harris is clearly in pole position & Bellamy mentioned that there is another youngster who is nearly ready. As you say it could also represent a chance for Rhys Healey & Declan John to play some regular football & hopefully prove themselves. We also have Kennedy, Ajayi & Huws doing well on loan so all of a sudden the future is looking a lot brighter

Nice read as per usual

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks Paul for the update and the many other reports for all games you consistently deliver , I would not worry too much about your predictions , I guess if you got them right every time , you would be on Bet 365 and getting very rich and buying out Tan ?

Ta, Bob. An excellent report. City could and should have been 4-0 (not 2-0) down after 40 mins but could and should have won it 3-6. What a game!" We went from being a shambles to a team.

StT.

Many thanks for the usual quality write up Paul. I too think the club, Warnock and the team deserve a good turnout from the fanbase on Saturday. Lets hope some of the missing thousands turn up.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Re. losing interest in football, I know where you're coming from. Sky Prem. games are more often than not 'defence v attack, and the camera lense they use and the distance from the pitch makes it a impossible [for me anyway] to distinguish the players. Let's face it though, the game isn't as exciting as it used to be, a bit more akin to that over 60's walking football than the thrills and spills it should be producing.

Going back to last night I flicked back and fore a few times, the 1st to see City 2-0 down, and then at half time to see we had pulled a goal back. Last night was the 1st time in a long while when I thought 'we could snatch something from this'. Any time in the past 4 seasons I'd be expecting the home side to pop in another goal to stifle City's brief spell of hope, or at least close up and hang on for the points. Not so last night. It reminds me a little of when Richie Morgan took charge, and turned a team of losers into a side that could win practically anywhere..
    Was thinking the same. Did we go something like 11 games unbeaten and ended up 9th at the end of season. I remember the pre season expectation for the following season, only to get whopped 4-1 at Notts county.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Was thinking the same. Did we go something like 11 games unbeaten and ended up 9th at the end of season. I remember the pre season expectation for the following season, only to get whopped 4-1 at Notts county.
    Spedger
    My recollection is Richie being replaced by Graham Williams while we were 8th. I could never get to the bottom of why he was replaced. Wllluams lasted about 8 winless games and he was then sacked. Perhaps someone might enlighten me with the full story on Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I missed his interview after the game. If he has said that re 50 points and then looking at options - I really really hope he does. Get all the loan players back - and let them sink or swim for a few games. Healey looks worthwhile, I always liked Declan John and Kennedy. I hope there are others coming through that will get some game time. Anyone who looks like they wont make the squad shouldnt really be here - unless we keep them to sell to a lower league club - but the transfer fee wouldnt even cover the cost of developing the player in my opinion, so you would have to question if it's worth keeping any of them. If you arent playing 1st team football by your early 20's - is it realistic to expect a career at this level ?

I'll be there on Saturday - and bringing 2 new prospective fans with me - hopefully they'll get the bug to (they are 8 years old...)

What you suggest is exactly what Warnock (with Bellamy's help) has been doing i.e. release a lot of players who have little/no hope of first team football & promote younger players into the U23 squad. As for getting the loan players like Kennedy, Ajayi & Huws back, I don't think that this is possible as all are on season long deals. In any event, in my opinion, all 3 are better staying out of loan as they are getting regular league football which can only be a good thing for them & hopefully us too when they return.

Great to see you bringing 2 prospective future fans with you on Saturday, I really hope that lot's of others follow suit & reward the teams effort with an additional few thousand on the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Ta, Bob. An excellent report. City could and should have been 4-0 (not 2-0) down after 40 mins but could and should have won it 3-6. What a game!" We went from being a shambles to a team.

StT.
    Like the day before then" stroll in the park ", ( excuse the pun ) they all seem to be playing and smiling as well , those lucky away fans who did the two away games must be beaming

Pilks is our top scorer, there's a place for him in the rotation with Harris, Noone and Hoilett. You can play 3 of them without Halford against Rotherhams etc at home too, when you don't need to be so dogged.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    What you suggest is exactly what Warnock (with Bellamy's help) has been doing i.e. release a lot of players who have little/no hope of first team football & promote younger players into the U23 squad. As for getting the loan players like Kennedy, Ajayi & Huws back, I don't think that this is possible as all are on season long deals. In any event, in my opinion, all 3 are better staying out of loan as they are getting regular league football which can only be a good thing for them & hopefully us too when they return.

Great to see you bringing 2 prospective future fans with you on Saturday, I really hope that lot's of others follow suit & reward the teams effort with an additional few thousand on the gate.
    We can't get the loanees back, they're over 21 so will be registered at other clubs on their loans. It's good that they're getting game time too, Ajayi will certainly have some defending to do at Rotherham! I'd be interested on what Warnock could do with a proper preseason but completely agree with his youth policy at the moment, the likes of O'Sullivan and Wharton have probably got too old to make it here and need a new environment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    My recollection is Richie being replaced by Graham Williams while we were 8th. I could never get to the bottom of why he was replaced. Wllluams lasted about 8 winless games and he was then sacked. Perhaps someone might enlighten me with the full story on Morgan.
    From what I can recall, we were mid table when Williams joined as head coach and Richie Morgan was moved/renamed as General Manager. We then went on a run which saw just 2 wins and two draws and 9 loses in 15 games. They were the both sacked in Feb 82. I thought Morgan was a good manager.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Pilks is our top scorer, there's a place for him in the rotation with Harris, Noone and Hoilett. You can play 3 of them without Half6ord against Rotherhams etc at home too, when you don't need to be so dogged.
    Never change a winning side, when is the last time we won three on the bounce?

Pilk's has to say for next year he a good multi functional full of effort player, perhaps he waits his chance now though as we have a winning formula , be nice to win the next two homes , we may not though , Fulham are decent sniffing the play offs , Rotherham will be fighting for the lives .

January. Villa, Wurzels and Burton. I wouldn't count the cup game, that was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    After last night's game Warnock talked about getting to 50 points & then trying one or two things. Based on that I can certainly see a number of our youngsters being given a chance to impress in the first team. Mark Harris is clearly in pole position & Bellamy mentioned that there is another youngster who is nearly ready. As you say it could also represent a chance for Rhys Healey & Declan John to play some regular football & hopefully prove themselves. We also have Kennedy, Ajayi & Huws doing well on loan so all of a sudden the future is looking a lot brighter
    I agree with you, but I would also add that the recent Under 23 team home games with Ipswich and Burnley have offered very encouraging signs as, on both occasion, sides made up almost entirely of teenagers have played an effective, winning, brand of football which is based on ball retention and building from the back - when Warnock says that getting to fifty points will allow him to try a few things before the end of the season, I hope this includes giving some of these players an early taste of first team action.

Also agree with Spedger about Richie Morgan. A much under rated City manager who managed to deliver a year and more during the period 1972 to 1985 when, the 75/76 promotion campaign apart, supporters weren't worrying about relegation from the old Second Division - no other City manager during that period could do that.

One last thing, I watched the whole of the Derby win on Cardiff City player yesterday afternoon and, for the second time in four games, our opponents were unable to deal with the pace of our attacking players - just as at Leeds, Ralls and Gunnarsson made their contributions going forward, but someone providing a bit more drive, ball carrying ability and pace from those behind the front three and I think criticism about the speed we attack at could become a thing of the past.

I didn't say bring him in right away but to say he won't get a look in is a bit much! He's probably been our best player for the last 12 months.