+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps we should increase their aid

Perhaps we should increase their aid

Re: Perhaps we should increase their aid

Presumably you stopped reading after the first sentence and missed the second one

"All but three of the satellites are from foreign countries, most of them from the United States."

I can't imagine they'd be launching 96 US satellites for the sheer fun of it.

Is this the same country that has an advanced space program, which is spending billions on it, which has nothing to do with launching foreign satellites?

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Is this the same country that has an advanced space program, which is spending billions on it, which has nothing to do with launching foreign satellites?
    You do realise that the Space program benefits ordinary people?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/econo...ist-explains-0

This article may appease you.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/50388300.cms

I don't think British people can claim to be short changed by the Indians. The empire was built on their backs!.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I don't think British people can claim to be short changed by the Indians. The empire was built on their backs!.
    That argument is a bit outdated matey. We haven't had an Empire since the end of the 2nd WW. It was one of the main reasons that the good ol' USA joined in on our side, that Britain would dismantle it's empire. Both Roosevelt and Truman knew the yanks would only be a major world player once our Empire and Commonwealth was over.

If you want to moan about the empire back in the day, why not go further back and blame those foul froggies for invading in 1066 and putting us under the Norman yoke. Or before that, those nasty vikings for raping and pillaging along the north east coast of England

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    That argument is a bit outdated matey. We haven't had an Empire since the end of the 2nd WW. It was one of the main reasons that the good ol' USA joined in on our side, that Britain would dismantle it's empire. Both Roosevelt and Truman knew the yanks would only be a major world player once our Empire and Commonwealth was over.

If you want to moan about the empire back in the day, why not go further back and blame those foul froggies for invading in 1066 and putting us under the Norman yoke. Or before that, those nasty vikings for raping and pillaging along the north east coast of England
    Indians haven't forgotten. I can assure you that.

And we aren't talk centuries upon centuries ago, so why go that far back?. East India didn't end 600 years ago. It isn't outdated, India is still fully feeling the affects of the British stealing everything from them.

The British government have always been corrupt and sending money to the leaders in India is no different.

India are flying ahead of us so now it us who must suck up to them.

Then why all the billions we give in aid, stop it now I say

Then why all the billions we give in aid, stop it now I say
    Have you bothered to read anything beyond the first paragraph of your link?

And we aren't talk centuries upon centuries ago, so why go that far back?. East India didn't end 600 years ago. It isn't outdated, India is still fully feeling the affects of the British stealing everything from them.

The British government have always been corrupt and sending money to the leaders in India is no different.

They're flying ahead of us in the shitting in the street and dying of preventable disease stakes.

Exactly. India would be a world superpower, far wealthier than China, if it hadn't been pillaged by the Brits. The fact that there is poverty in the country is still, in part, a result of British occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    They're flying ahead of us in the shitting in the street and dying of preventable disease stakes.
    Yep living conditions are horrendous. But our expectations are higher. And they make do.

But with the number of people there and how cheap production is, they will/have decimated European manufacturing.

"Make In India" or whatever they call it. The UK is an end user now for most things. Not the end of the world as the UK cannot compete but things are changing rapidly.

After brexit we'll have to try to find a niche otherwise we'll become weaker and weaker.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 15-02-17 at 11:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Have you bothered to read anything beyond the first paragraph of your link?
    He's never read past the headline in any article, he has form for being a reactionary simpleton

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He's never read past the headline in any article, he has form for being a reactionary simpleton

He's also posted another thread about this subject on the dark side

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I suppose the queen could always give back the Koh-I-noor diamond from her crown, must be worth 100 million

you calling me a simpleton, you have got to be one of the dullest posters on here, as i am sure many posters will confirm

you calling me a simpleton, you have got to be one of the dullest posters on here, as i am sure many posters will confirm
    We need a POLL.

Well at least their trains are more efficient

[QUOTE=tigerbaybluebird;4719093]He's also posted another thread about this subject on the dark side

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

glad to see that you read the dark side

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    We need a POLL.
    Graham?

Their population is massive because they don't pull out on time.

There is a reason for everything , mostly driven by , political influence, trade sales (us to them ), old colonial peaceful friend , good security allay with a dodgy border countries, able to use their land as a base if needed etc etc .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There is a reason for everything , mostly driven by , political influence, trade sales (us to them ), old colonial peaceful friend , good security allay with a dodgy border countries, able to use their land as a base if needed etc etc .
    Ye. It is why the Americans have always been so pathetic with Pakistan.

They are allies so let them do whatever the hell they want. It is buying influence.

I doubt many posters on here even know who I am since I post about twice a week.

I doubt many posters on here even know who I am since I post about twice a week.
    Cant be sure, but he may have mistaken you for our long lost pal with a similar name....

Or maybe he just doesn't like you.