+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perhaps we should increase their aid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Perhaps we should increase their aid

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I doubt many posters on here even know who I am since I post about twice a week.
    Cant be sure, but he may have mistaken you for our long lost pal with a similar name....

Or maybe he just doesn't like you.

Perhaps someone could explain the statement by another poster, that how putting a man in space will benefit the population in India
    and also how much of the money India gets for putting foreign satellites into orbit will benefit the people, just look at how much money they have spent on the man in space project and that was what was spent over 3 years ago, want to guess how much that figure is today?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...e-mission.html

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Perhaps someone could explain the statement by another poster, that how putting a man in space will benefit the population in India
    and also how much of the money India gets for putting foreign satellites into orbit will benefit the people, just look at how much money they have spent on the man in space project and that was what was spent over 3 years ago, want to guess how much that figure is today?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...e-mission.html
    That's in my direction.

I didn't mention anything about putting a man into space.

Come back when you have read what I have posted, how the space program benefits India, and how the UK government is cutting aid to India to appease people like you. And, guess what, despite the UK reducing aid to India your tax payments for the coming year will be the same, or higher, than last year.

What is it about helping people that are less fortunate than you are that offends you so much?

For goodness sake, I am all for helping people less fortunate than myself, if fact I do, but my point is, why give money to a government that does not use it for the benefit of their unfortunate population, but spends on a space program to put men in space. I am all for the part of a space program that gets money in by putting foreign satellites in space, but do you think that that money is being spent to benefit the unfortunates in India?, I personally don't think so. One last point which is very relevant, the Indian government has stated on many occasions that they do not want our aid and they do not need it, but still we keep giving it to them ????

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    For goodness sake, I am all for helping people less fortunate than myself, if fact I do, but my point is, why give money to a government that does not use it for the benefit of their unfortunate population, but spends on a space program to put men in space. I am all for the part of a space program that gets money in by putting foreign satellites in space, but do you think that that money is being spent to benefit the unfortunates in India?, I personally don't think so. One last point which is very relevant, the Indian government has stated on many occasions that they do not want our aid and they do not need it, but still we keep giving it to them ????
    Why don't you ever read anything any one posts?

We are buying influence and trying to create a system that will make us wealthier in the long run not feeding the starving. We love a bit of short term thinking in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    We are buying influence and trying to create a system that will make us wealthier in the long run not feeding the starving. We love a bit of short term thinking in this country.
    You make it sound so calculated although I mostly agree. Not so long ago the UK came top in the polls for worldwide "soft power" which I'm sure is the only positive poll we would come top in. We seem to be determined to take steps back in this category but foreign aid will be part of it and I'm sure it does more good home and abroad than harm; although we may wish to try and ensure it's spent productively.