+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gunnarsson, Zahore, Harris and now Noone!

Gunnarsson, Zahore, Harris and now Noone!

I don't believe I have seen Noone play a game worthy of his place for a long time and not being at Leeds or Derby I still haven't.
    He was a a player who I very much hoped would rediscover his form but I reached the point where I was exasperated rather than excited to see him in the starting line up. I expected him gone during January.

He's now gone from dropped, not transferred to bench warmer to playing two full games in matches that I would not have thought he,d even be considered for, to having two good games, two very good performances.

Early days maybe but on his day, at his best, he can make a hell of a difference.

Re: Gunnarsson, Zahore, Harris and now Noone!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I don't believe I have seen Noone play a game worthy of his place for a long time and not being at Leeds or Derby I still haven't.
    He was a a player who I very much hoped would rediscover his form but I reached the point where I was exasperated rather than excited to see him in the starting line up. I expected him gone during January.

He's now gone from dropped, not transferred to bench warmer to playing two full games in matches that I would not have thought he,d even be considered for, to having two good games, two very good performances.

Early days maybe but on his day, at his best, he can make a hell of a difference.
    I'm not so sure, I think it's more a case Derby didn't do their homework

Since Noone lost his form, probably due to confidence, he seemed a bit of a one trick pony - cut inside and take it with the left. Seems the goal was exactly the same but I wasn't at either game so can't really comment.

It seems to me that Zahore somehow from the worlds worst player has been able to fill the shoes of both Pilkington (chasing down defenders) and Lambert (target man, holding ball up)

I have to give Warnock major credit for that

Re: Gunnarsson, Zahore, Harris and now Noone!

The problem with Noone is that he is played on the right. He is so left footed he has to cut in. If he was played on the left he would be less predictable.