+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it too early to mention Playoffs?

Re: Is it too early to mention Playoffs?

a 65 point finish would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    a 65 point finish would be fantastic.
    Warnock is currently averaging 1.62 PPG, which is a very respectable 75 points extrapolated over a season, and we'd have pipped Sheff Wed to a playoff spot last year. This puts us on track for 65 points this season.

If we beat Rotherham, this rises to 1.67 PPG, and 77 points. Having said all this, as NYCBlue says above, Sheff Wed are on target for over 80 points, which is going to be a massive total to get into the playoffs, Hull got promoted automatically with us in 2013 with 79 points!

Either way, if we can hold onto our best players, buy a few more (namely a keeper and a striker to challenge Zohore), I think we've got a real shot with Warnock next season.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    play offs

what year are you talking about ? next year , chinese new year , or a leap year.
    It's not over until the fat bird starts singing mate...

To get into the playoffs we'd need to average 4.3 points per game which is a tall order but if anyone can do it, it's our Neil.

Just a word on my club. Just bought tickets for me and my 14 year old son for the Newcastle,Leeds and Blackburn games for £50 in total. Brilliant pricing. Last season it cost £36 for the two of us to watch Cheltenham v Halifax in a non League game.

Quote Originally Posted by Be Bop Deluxe View Post
    It's not over until the fat bird starts singing mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just a word on my club. Just bought tickets for me and my 14 year old son for the Newcastle,Leeds and Blackburn games for £50 in total. Brilliant pricing. Last season it cost £36 for the two of us to watch Cheltenham v Halifax in a non League game.
    That is excellent pricing. Most clubs challenging for promotion would be taking advantage and whacking up the ticket prices. Excellent deal for away fans the other week too.
    I was impressed by the pre match set up at Reading since the last time I went. Quality beers, really decent food, a DJ spinning the tunes outside, home and away fans drinking together. Shame it was so bloody cold.

I just listened to Blakey's Bootroom where Blakey was saying the playoffs are a possibility. He's not saying its going to happen, you understand, but with a run... with momentum.... win 3 or 4 on the trot and suddenly the last group of games gets really tense... someone has a major wobble and Cardiff snatch 6th.

It was all sounding so good until it became clear that he was working on the premise that when Cardiff go on this winning run every team above us (or every team still around or aspiring to 6th place) was going to lose... and then lose again... and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    That is excellent pricing. Most clubs challenging for promotion would be taking advantage and whacking up the ticket prices. Excellent deal for away fans the other week too.
    I was impressed by the pre match set up at Reading since the last time I went. Quality beers, really decent food, a DJ spinning the tunes outside, home and away fans drinking together. Shame it was so bloody cold.
    Thats really good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    As we are only 1 position behind a team who had "their play off hopes dented" last night. Are they becoming a possibility?

Its a long way off, and even between us and Derby a good points difference. But if we continue as we are playing we could be one of those teams that makes a last minute climb into contention. We need to average a point more a game than those above us to get into the playoffs. 13 points behind with 14 to play. We are now also 13 points ahead of relegation.

I put a bet on at 40/1 recently. Not holding much hope of it paying off. But still have some hope.

40/1 ? Recently?

You wuz robbed!

I did also see this thread on an Ipswich forum....