+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trump on the Middle East

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Trump on the Middle East

Having watched most of his presss conference yesterday, I am now convinced he is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Having watched most of his presss conference yesterday, I am now convinced he is insane.
    Yeah he doesn't seem far off having some sort of breakdown.

Its like he feels persecuted by the press, if he had a modicum of self reflection he could see that he's brought it upon himself to a large degree, and reign it in a bit to get an easier ride.
    Unfortunately I don't think that self reflection is part of his make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yeah he doesn't seem far off having some sort of breakdown.

Its like he feels persecuted by the press, if he had a modicum of self reflection he could see that he's brought it upon himself to a large degree, and reign it in a bit to get an easier ride.
    Unfortunately I don't think that self reflection is part of his make up.
    The media aren't blameless in all of this and I think it's fair to say that there are plenty in their numbers that have an agenda, but Trump, and his staff, are only making the situation worse by the attitude which comes through every time someone who they perceive as hostile asks them a question.

I think I'm right in saying that the press conference yesterday went on for seventy seven minutes? I suppose the mainstream media might b e doing their bit for the globalist, liberal elite by concentrating only on the confrontational stuff, but it stretches credibility beyond limits to imagine that those of us who didn't watch the whole of the "event" are being denied the parts where Trump spoke, lucidly, persuasively and impressively about what's been achieved in his Presidency so far. What I've seen is someone who looks too thin skinned to be doing the job he is, playing game the media wants to play because he doesn't have the poise, dignity or class to rise above it and attempt to push the arguments his way. For example, for anyone to claim that they had a great policy, but got the wrong court (twice) doesn't just sound unconvincing, it sounds ludicrous - forget the politics, it's the man whose the issue here.

Also, is anyone else already getting sick and tired of people, from all shades of political opinion, squawking "that's fake news" every time they are asked an awkward question?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The media aren't blameless in all of this and I think it's fair to say that there are plenty in their numbers that have an agenda, but Trump, and his staff, are only making the situation worse by the attitude which comes through every time someone who they perceive as hostile asks them a question.

I think I'm right in saying that the press conference yesterday went on for seventy seven minutes? I suppose the mainstream media might b e doing their bit for the globalist, liberal elite by concentrating only on the confrontational stuff, but it stretches credibility beyond limits to imagine that those of us who didn't watch the whole of the "event" are being denied the parts where Trump spoke, lucidly, persuasively and impressively about what's been achieved in his Presidency so far. What I've seen is someone who looks too thin skinned to be doing the job he is, playing game the media wants to play because he doesn't have the poise, dignity or class to rise above it and attempt to push the arguments his way. For example, for anyone to claim that they had a great policy, but got the wrong court (twice) doesn't just sound unconvincing, it sounds ludicrous - forget the politics, it's the man whose the issue here.

Also, is anyone else already getting sick and tired of people, from all shades of political opinion, squawking "that's fake news" every time they are asked an awkward question?
    One of the 'uses' for 'Fake News' and Conspiracy theories is that once the notions become common parlance the simple mention of either can can be used to deflect questions or hide events in plain sight. It may well be that the notions have been actively cultivated on an increasing scale for that very purpose.
    I'm not saying that what is going on here. Or it could be.