+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derby guilty of a lack of balance

Derby guilty of a lack of balance

Seems to me that they always want to fill their side with skilful, talented players, but lack fight and workrate. Hence they concede too much.

What Warnock has done is added 2 vital ingredients- heart/ fight, both in firing up the likes of Gunnar, Zohore and even Harris and Noone seem to have upped their workrate and also adding Halford and Bamba. 2 real winners.

He's also put pace in the side. As Bob has mentioned previously the 3 up from the recently have been the quickest trio we've had for a long time and we are now a threat on the break.

Simple, but brilliant management.

Re: Derby guilty of a lack of balance

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Seems to me that they always want to fill their side with skilful, talented players, but lack fight and workrate. Hence they concede too much.

What Warnock has done is added 2 vital ingredients- heart/ fight, both in firing up the likes of Gunnar, Zohore and even Harris and Noone seem to have upped their workrate and also adding Halford and Bamba. 2 real winners.

He's also put pace in the side. As Bob has mentioned previously the 3 up from the recently have been the quickest trio we've had for a long time and we are now a threat on the break.

Not rocket science is it. Getting the right players and improving what you already have is smart though.

Zohore looks a real handful. Always rated Noone. At this level he is quality. Gunnarsson is playing very well.
    It shows how dreadful Trollope was because Warnock is working wonders with the same players.

I believe I read earlier that they had conceded 22 goals in 29 games and another statement which outlined just how long it has been since they lost at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Zohore looks a real handful. Always rated Noone. At this level he is quality. Gunnarsson is playing very well.
    It shows how dreadful Trollope was because Warnock is working wonders with the same players.
    They all look different players.Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Before the last 2 games they had about the best defensive record in the division. Itis scoring that has been their issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Before the last 2 games they had about the best defensive record in the division. Itis scoring that has been their issue.
    Over compensated .