+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone been to jrc global buffet in cardiff

Re: anyone been to jrc global buffet in cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I went to 'Bill's' restaurant (not my choice) for a meal with colleague a week ago and sent back the wee and highly overpriced bottle of beer that arrived - as it was an unbelievable rip-off. After sending back the almost fish-free fish curry (for which I have since had an apology in writing and an offer of a free meal for two) I have put this little graphic together to show price comparisons regarding the beers they sell - and they have voluntarily decided to forward it to their Head Office.

Attachment 1298
    It tries to be too trendy instead of serving good food.

The worst fried breakfast I have had. At least at greasy spoons they don't try to act as if it is anything other than a fried breakfast. Bread with a side of saw dust and the sausages were abysmal.

Yet it is rammed with people that basically want a greasy spoon breakfast but wouldn't dare go to one. That'll be £10 please.

I went to 'Bill's' restaurant (not my choice) for a meal with colleague a week ago and sent back the wee and highly overpriced bottle of beer that arrived - as it was an unbelievable rip-off. After sending back the almost fish-free fish curry (for which I have since had an apology in writing and an offer of a free meal for two) I have put this little graphic together to show price comparisons regarding the beers they sell - and they have voluntarily decided to forward it to their Head Office.

Attachment 1298

Is this place in Wyndham Arcade ? (and Cardiff Bay) ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Is this place in Wyndham Arcade ? (and Cardiff Bay) ?
    The newly-fangled thing called the 'Internet'

Talking of restaurants, I see The Louis on St Mary street has closed, the lease expired. That place has been there for donkeys years, always a good breakfast, cheap prices too. It was like stepping back in time, the place had not changed since I was a kid, another piece of Cardiff history bites the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Talking of restaurants, I see The Louis on St Mary street has closed, the lease expired. That place has been there for donkeys years, always a good breakfast, cheap prices too. It was like stepping back in time, the place had not changed since I was a kid, another piece of Cardiff history bites the dust.
    Gutted.
    As you say like stepping back in time and what was especially nice was that he employed a lot of older people.
    I will miss "drink from the bar?".
    Their steak and kidney pie was legendary.
    Particularly good were the Christmas decs which must've been older than me.

I remember Astey's......

The newly-fangled thing called the 'Internet'
    The = Try

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It tries to be too trendy instead of serving good food.

The worst fried breakfast I have had. At least at greasy spoons they don't try to act as if it is anything other than a fried breakfast. Bread with a side of saw dust and the sausages were abysmal.

Yet it is rammed with people that basically want a greasy spoon breakfast but wouldn't dare go to one. That'll be £10 please.
    It does the best Veggie breakfast I've ever had. It is bloody expensive though as you can see from TBG beautifully put together and calculated table all pasted onto a photo of one of there branches for added effect

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    We have eaten at jiko twice, it always come recommended by others, they even have a separate " Veggie menu " so of course we had to go and try it, the first time, all was going well till the server asked handed us the wine menu and went on his prepared speech on what wine goes best with what meat etc etc ( we are used to this, so let them continue till the end, afterall it is rude to interrupt them imho and then we say " we are vegetarian " ) , he then went on to say what wine went with each Veggie dish, we let him continue, then politely say " neither of us drink wine " ( we dont, i hate the stuff ) , to this he huffed and lost interest in our party, we had all dressed up for dinner ( its that type of place imho ) he had about 8 tables and would often ignore us
    anyways, everyone said it was very unlike the place and we decided to give it another go, it was slightly better, but not worth going back to, i am afraid Boma is more for us, we love the soups and salads and the choice for Veggies are always plentiful

we find the Veggie options are few and far between on most US buffets, so when we find some that have a few options, then we enjoy them
    In the case of quantity over quality i can see that for the meat side of things, normally when you have a Veggie option at some US buffets, they might only have a few Veggie options, so maybe they put a little more effort in ? ? ? i dont know ? ? /

i remember at 1900 park fayre ( you might have eaten at it in one of your trips, its the buffet at the grand Floridian hotel ( in wdw ) they had a baked aubergine dish ( i hate aubergine ) and that was it, i had cheese pizza, some tatter tots, mashed potato and green beans ( all from the childrens section ) and some salads, when it was time look for Desserts, i asked the server for a chef to come and chat to me and tell me what had geletin in ( they glaze stuff with it in the US aswell ) anyways, the chef comes out and we chat, he asked " how did you find the food " i tell he that it was very poor for Veggies and what i had eaten, he really did look " put-out and almost hurt " he then asked me what food i like and he will go and cook me a meal, I really fancied something spicy ( afterall we were coming to the end of our trip and the US are not that keen on spicy food ) so away he goes, comes back in about 30 mins with a family plate of " Spicy tofu on a bed of noodles with crispy noodles on top " it was the best food i had tasted ever at disney, i thanked him, as we were eating, he came out to check on us, as we were leaving i went and found him again and thanked him again, he was chuffed that he had cooked something for us, as it happens, it was our first meeting with Malaysian born " chef TJ " ( he has since become a a bit of a family friend, when every we are over we always go and see him, we are facebook friends and exchange holiday greetings etc etc ) he has since become a bit of a " god " for Vegans going to disney

Only every gone on one recommendation for somewhere to eat in the US from someone we had met in a queue, it was for a veggie Indian place called " Bombay Cafe ", it was miles and miles out of the " disney / tourist bubble ", we pulled into the car park ( it is based in a small Indian / Asian sopping Mall ) so we pull up and spot 2 " girls working the corner ", i say " we are not in Kansas now Toto " , anyways, it turns out the Indian was mainly for Indians and the staff were shocked to have " tourists " in the place, the 2 front of house girls spoke very little English, but we got by and the food was nice, as we are finishing the owner arrives and greets us and explains that they only normally have Indian diners and it was nice to see us ( i did not think the area had alot of Indians, but maybe it does ) we leave and different girls are on the corner with the pimp sat on the steps of the Mall, ( that has now closed ), youngest spots the guys gun on the step as we walk past and after we jump in the car and make our escape she says " glad he didnt pop a cap in our arse " ( i think i might have taught her that ) nice meal though and something different
    Do you have many mates?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    It does the best Veggie breakfast I've ever had. It is bloody expensive though as you can see from TBG beautifully put together and calculated table all pasted onto a photo of one of there branches for added effect
    I am here all week