+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wenger

Re: Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Not sure outlay counts alone now in Arsenals case as they are not servicing a debt with player sales according to philippe auclair. So 3rd highest net spend in 5 years according to that table, should be doing better and certainly not skint or running on shoe string as is the misconception.

Do you have a wage bill info, be interested to see (and then cry)?
    No of course not, any matter of spending taken in isolation paints a misleading picture.

here is some wage bill information.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/en...-club-by-club/

Im not sure about the accuracy but as it shows Arsenal run in 4th place some £20-30m down on the other teams in the top 4. add that over the 5 years and they are £100m better off on the outlay budget approx.

The data is showing us that Arsenal should be 4th and they consistently finish in that top 4, whereas the 3 sides above them are unable to achieve that. The data shows us that Liverpool and Tottenham are significantly outside the top 4 (understandable given the lack of European money). So it is an achievement when the qualify, but highlights the fact that they are unable to do it regulary.

Its worrying as a Cardiff fan seeing the low end of the wage budgets running at £30m

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    No of course not, any matter of spending taken in isolation paints a misleading picture.

here is some wage bill information.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/en...-club-by-club/

Im not sure about the accuracy but as it shows Arsenal run in 4th place some £20-30m down on the other teams in the top 4. add that over the 5 years and they are £100m better off on the outlay budget approx.

The data is showing us that Arsenal should be 4th and they consistently finish in that top 4, whereas the 3 sides above them are unable to achieve that. The data shows us that Liverpool and Tottenham are significantly outside the top 4 (understandable given the lack of European money). So it is an achievement when the qualify, but highlights the fact that they are unable to do it regulary.

Its worrying as a Cardiff fan seeing the low end of the wage budgets running at £30m

Cool.

My issue is not that Aresnal & Wegner are not performing but that they have somehow managed to convince people that they haven't spent money to achieve that. The last 5 years shows that they have been spending money on transfers and wages more or less aligned to their league position.

Cool.

My issue is not that Aresnal & Wegner are not performing but that they have somehow managed to convince people that they haven't spent money to achieve that. The last 5 years shows that they have been spending money on transfers and wages more or less aligned to their league position.
    they havent been spending as much as the teams that are winning the league (Leicester excluded). So on that basis they have no right to win the league.

In my eyes on the budget they are running constantly qualifying for the champions league is an achievement, especially when Chelsea and Manchester United have failed to do that in recent seasons using a higher budget.

In a difference of opinions like this time will tell how good a job he has done, if another manager comes in and there is an improvement, then i clearly am wrong on this, however in my opinion we could see the club moving backwards, and its a slippery slope, because the one time they do not qualify for the champions league, the budget becomes tighter, and the job becomes harder.

If he goes, hopefully Ramsey finds another club..

Would love to see Rambo go to Spain, he could get into any midfield in the PL but going to Spain could really up his game

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    they havent been spending as much as the teams that are winning the league (Leicester excluded). So on that basis they have no right to win the league.

In my eyes on the budget they are running constantly qualifying for the champions league is an achievement, especially when Chelsea and Manchester United have failed to do that in recent seasons using a higher budget.

In a difference of opinions like this time will tell how good a job he has done, if another manager comes in and there is an improvement, then i clearly am wrong on this, however in my opinion we could see the club moving backwards, and its a slippery slope, because the one time they do not qualify for the champions league, the budget becomes tighter, and the job becomes harder.
    Sure no doubt but people are crowing on like they spend about 15 million a season, they spent over 100 million this season. i don't care for opinions that is a **** load of money for any football club on transfers.

Sure no doubt but people are crowing on like they spend about 15 million a season, they spent over 100 million this season. i don't care for opinions that is a **** load of money for any football club on transfers.
    Manchester spent £90m on Paul Pogba. That is the level the fans want the club to compete at.

Just to point out, there is a contract on the table for Wenger, it really is up to him whether to sign or not

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-year-contract

Reminds me of the ending scene in Mike Bassett, comes off the plane and speaks to the press "4 more years!"

You know when you had that girlfriend who you knew didn't love you anymore but you just kept saying let's try again...?