+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russian hooligans on BBC2

Re: Russian hooligans on BBC2

The Russians who kicked off in Marseille were not seen again in the following days. This could be, if there's any truth in what I've heard, because they came into Marseille harbour on a Cypriot registered trawler owned by a Ukrainian. It's thought that this is how they got in undetected by plod, and back out again quickly, job done, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I went to all of the Wales games in France & never had so much as a cross word with any of the locals or other fans, quite the opposite in fact. Maybe it was your behaviour that was the problem which caused the French to take a dislike to you.
    Ye mate sitting on a train with my welsh top on made a 18 odd year old spit in my face as he ran off.

I am not lying so I don't know why you try to turn it as if it is my fault. A minority of french people we met were complete scum bags, not a majority.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Ye mate sitting on a train with my welsh top on made a 18 odd year old spit in my face as he ran off.

I am not lying so I don't know why you try to turn it as if it is my fault. A minority of french people we met were complete scum bags, not a majority.
    You were all pissed up at 7am and the only thing any of you done wrong was a few pull ups on an art installation. Yea alright mate

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Those they showed fighting were nothing compared to the ones that turned up in France, they looked and acted like special forces my mate said. Still, at least they realise they are 30 years too late by the sounds of it. Funny how they have never ever shown up in the motherland, as they call it. Just the state sponsored trip to France. The original English mobs in the 80's would have given it back to them with interest.
    i will have a watch of it tonight after the girls go to bed

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I honestly doubt it.

These Russians are big, fit, ruthless feckers! The English mobs in the 80's would have been fighting with one eye on their clothes.
    True but they were nutters aswell, bit like city fans I remember from the late 80's. Loonies, knife merchants, lots of who stopped going by the late 80's as people were starting to get knicked for things and going down. We have had a fair few let's be honest. You wonder why we have such poor away support these days ever???

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    The Russians who kicked off in Marseille were not seen again in the following days. This could be, if there's any truth in what I've heard, because they came into Marseille harbour on a Cypriot registered trawler owned by a Ukrainian. It's thought that this is how they got in undetected by plod, and back out again quickly, job done, so to speak.
    They showed a Russian hired jet on the doc, paid by the russsian football federation with free tickets to those on board maybe.

One in the underground where a drunk friend began doing pull ups on an art installation (some real crap art, not a memorial) and a load, maybe not 10, of Frenchman went after us. Bashed me on the noggin. Spat at us. Other french people split it up as we'd have died. This was at 7am and people were going to work.

Then another 4 of them saw us walking out of the underground. They started shouting something in some language and we stopped to look back and they began pegging it after us.

Multiple other occasions like this and it was only the french that did it. The Englanders were the good guys.

Nothing major tbh but I don't follow cardiff or wales away normally so I don't claim to have any experience of foreign fisty cuffs.
    French?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They showed a Russian hired jet on the doc, paid by the russsian football federation with free tickets to those on board maybe.
    I know, but from what I'm led to believe, the ones in black who caused mayhem in Marseille, weren't the ones who travelled on the hired jet.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    I know, but from what I'm led to believe, the ones in black who caused mayhem in Marseille, weren't the ones who travelled on the hired jet.
    Unless they changed their clothes....

Of the thousands of Welsh people to have travelled to France, you're the only person I've seen say that they ran into trouble. Twice.

This either bullshit, or down to your own behaviour

Maybe he saw you taking that short cut. They hate things like that over there.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Its a good programme. And seeing what they did in France, I think you'd be naive to underestimate them.
    Russia played three games in France. I know that one match was marred by incident (England) and one match went incident free (Wales) so what happened in the third?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Russia played three games in France. I know that one match was marred by incident (England) and one match went incident free (Wales) so what happened in the third?
    From my experience, bugger all happened in the game between Russia and Slovakia, in fact we watched it over there in a bar with 13 Russians and 11 Slovaks and it was all good natured.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Of the thousands of Welsh people to have travelled to France, you're the only person I've seen say that they ran into trouble. Twice.

This either bullshit, or down to your own behaviour
    Oh really, well I guess you know.

Spoke to the thousands of welshmen have you.

100% good eggs, the french.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 17-02-17 at 20:36.

Oh really, well I guess you know.

Spoke to the thousands of welshmen have you.

100% good eggs, the french.
    We saw no problems either, didn't hear of any from other fans and haven't heard of anything since. Paris, Bordeaux, Lens and a few places in between, the French were fantastically hospitable towards us. The only hint of trouble I saw was a small group of pissed up West Ham fans in Paris acting like arseholes towards some French fans that were watching a group game. They shut up as soon as the Gendarmerie showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    We saw no problems either, didn't hear of any from other fans and haven't heard of anything since. Paris, Bordeaux, Lens and a few places in between, the French were fantastically hospitable towards us. The only hint of trouble I saw was a small group of pissed up West Ham fans in Paris acting like arseholes towards some French fans that were watching a group game. They shut up as soon as the Gendarmerie showed up.
    Ye I agree, they were.

No trouble whatsoever in the northern ireland game or portugal. Lille Centre the barman helped us get to the nightlife once they had police orders to close.

It was in the very early hours we saw trouble, mainly the underground.

I have seen broadly the same documentary made by the BBC prior to each of the last few major tournaments, most past without incident. Whilst the Russian fans were far more violent and brutal than the English fans it does not excuse the far more widespread drunken anti social behaviour seen by a significant amount of England fans during their time in Marseille.

The documentary maker actually tried to make out the 1000s of English fans misbehaviour pales into comparison to that of a few hundred Russians, both sets of fans needed to be taken to task. I will concede though that England fans pissing about was nothing more than drunken behaviour typical of the "brit abroad" but the Russian fans seems to be part of something far more sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    I have seen broadly the same documentary made by the BBC prior to each of the last few major tournaments, most past without incident. Whilst the Russian fans were far more violent and brutal than the English fans it does not excuse the far more widespread drunken anti social behaviour seen by a significant amount of England fans during their time in Marseille.

The documentary maker actually tried to make out the 1000s of English fans misbehaviour pales into comparison to that of a few hundred Russians, both sets of fans needed to be taken to task. I will concede though that England fans pissing about was nothing more than drunken behaviour typical of the "brit abroad" but the Russian fans seems to be part of something far more sinister.
    We are England this City is ours!

That song seemed to stop on the Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post

The worrying thing about 2018, is that I'm not sure the Russian authorities have any particular incentive to make sure that we don't see the sort of scenes seen in Marseille. They seem to see it as some sort of badge of honour. If it does happen, what is FIFA going to do about it? What is anyone going to do about it? It's not as if they've got a tourist industry to worry about.

just watched it

yea sure the Russians we a well organised group in Marseille, they were not your average hooligan, Military trained ? ? ?

we know they love the MMA stuff, that was no secret, you put 4 pissed up blokes agaisnt any single martial arts / MMA guy and the MMA will come out of it better most of the time, now add to the equation they have trained for these 4 on 1 fights, we all know the answer

a group of English hoolies who would have drunk a case or beer before lunch will never be a match for a group sober MMA guys who have put some practise in " group fighting ", even when the numbers are against them

Will anything happen in Russia, you will have the odd skirmish, but the Russians will not want the world looking down at them, the lads will not want to be serving 5 years inside either

all i saw on that program was a rehash of a Ross Kemp show from a few years back, nothing new

One in the underground where a drunk friend began doing pull ups on an art installation (some real crap art, not a memorial) and a load, maybe not 10, of Frenchman went after us. Bashed me on the noggin. Spat at us. Other french people split it up as we'd have died. This was at 7am and people were going to work.

Then another 4 of them saw us walking out of the underground. They started shouting something in some language and we stopped to look back and they began pegging it after us.

Multiple other occasions like this and it was only the french that did it. The Englanders were the good guys.

Nothing major tbh but I don't follow cardiff or wales away normally so I don't claim to have any experience of foreign fisty cuffs.
    So nothing major, yet if it wasn't for other French people splitting it up you'd have died?

Fair play mate, you don't half talk some shit.

18 year old?

He was 14 earlier on in the thread.

Ye I agree, they were.

No trouble whatsoever in the northern ireland game or portugal. Lille Centre the barman helped us get to the nightlife once they had police orders to close.

It was in the very early hours we saw trouble, mainly the underground.
    Very early hours?

Or 7 am?

Poor LordKenwyne seemed to be confused and surprised because he was shouted at on the Paris Underground "in some language". Until then he probably thought French was just English spoken with an accent like René in 'Allo 'Allo. What chance do Welsh and English hooligans have against the Russians if LordKenwyne is representative of our hooligans. The Russians are a tough people. The gay looking man and the woman in the video below have probably got bigger balls than all our hooligans put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ1owXJZaSQ
    Last edited by David Vincent; 20-02-17 at 00:19.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    The gay looking man and the woman in the video below have probably got bigger balls than all our hooligans put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ1owXJZaSQ
    What a delightful pair