+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russian hooligans on BBC2

Re: Russian hooligans on BBC2

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Bollocks.

In my day we would have stood our ground and had those French frogs done up like kippers, even if they were ten strong.

You've got to defend your manor, that's how you get respect.

Now jog on you dry lunch.
    You'd have to have batman as a mate to fight of them the size of them.

Has anyone said "Wrong board, mate" yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Thanks for the update TBG, keep us posted.
    Just shaved off too much on my right pinky. (And that's not a euphemism).

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    You'd have to have batman as a mate to fight of them the size of them.
    So now you're saying that you were accosted by a bunch of giant spitting children?

No excuses sonny, you've been mugged off by some poncey frog kids.

I don't know how you can show your boat round this gaff any more.

So now you're saying that you were accosted by a bunch of giant spitting children?

No excuses sonny, you've been mugged off by some poncey frog kids.

I don't know how you can show your boat round this gaff any more.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I've listened to some authors who have studied the Russian hooligans issue in its wider political context and they are convinced that this won't happen in Russia.

The hooligans were basically ignored in France as it suited Putin's agenda that Europe is weak.
    Political experts were convinced brexit and trump wouldn't happen. You can't trust experts these days

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Political experts were convinced brexit and trump wouldn't happen. You can't trust experts these days
    Perhaps the 'experts' were not the real experts .

I've listened to some authors who have studied the Russian hooligans issue in its wider political context and they are convinced that this won't happen in Russia.

The hooligans were basically ignored in France as it suited Putin's agenda that Europe is weak.
    I think you have a point here. In some ways it looked like the trouble caused in France by the Russians was state-sanctioned, and of course no blame could be put at Putin's door. However, trouble on Russian soil may make Putin look like his government has no control. Something I am sure he would be pretty pissed off about.
    Spedger

Bollocks, i know a group of lads who were attacked by a french mob carrying baguettes and when they were 'on their heels' they were bombarded with onions!
    Did it make them cry?

The Slovakians, on the other hand, were lovely

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Anyone see it tonight? Crazy guys. Like **** will I be going to Russia in 2018, they're training now ready for England..
    FYP

Funny how the Times preview of this programe referred to Russian hooligans fighting the British fans.

I think they meant English fans as I saw no trouble in Toulouse between them and us.

Can I add that having gone to all 6 Wales games my mates and i had not a jot of trouble from the French , they
    were too busy rubbing their hands as we kept buying beers.

A few posters obviously went to La La Land not France.

Nope far from it.

But I don't like getting spat at by both 14 year olds. Or 10 grown frenchies when there were 3 of us at the time.
    I thought you said "four men chased us in the underground"

So how many were there?

First rule of bullshitting - be consistent.

So how many were there?

of course it might have been a typo

the guy might be using his phone to access this place

So how many were there?

One in the underground where a drunk friend began doing pull ups on an art installation (some real crap art, not a memorial) and a load, maybe not 10, of Frenchman went after us. Bashed me on the noggin. Spat at us. Other french people split it up as we'd have died. This was at 7am and people were going to work.

Then another 4 of them saw us walking out of the underground. They started shouting something in some language and we stopped to look back and they began pegging it after us.

Multiple other occasions like this and it was only the french that did it. The Englanders were the good guys.

Nothing major tbh but I don't follow cardiff or wales away normally so I don't claim to have any experience of foreign fisty cuffs.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 17-02-17 at 14:06.

One in the underground where a drunk friend began doing pull ups on an art installation (some real crap art, not a memorial) and a load, maybe not 10, of Frenchman went after us. Bashed me on the noggin. Spat at us. Other french people split it up as we'd have died. This was at 7am and people were going to work.

Then another 4 of them saw us walking out of the underground. They started shouting something in some language and we stopped to look back and they began pegging it after us.

Multiple other occasions like this and it was only the french that did it. The Englanders were the good guys.

Nothing major tbh but I don't follow cardiff or wales away normally so I don't claim to have any experience of foreign fisty cuffs.
    Are you sure someone hadn't stuck a picture of Nigel Farage on your back or something?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I got back from swimming as it was ending, currently DL'ing on catchup
    Those they showed fighting were nothing compared to the ones that turned up in France, they looked and acted like special forces my mate said. Still, at least they realise they are 30 years too late by the sounds of it. Funny how they have never ever shown up in the motherland, as they call it. Just the state sponsored trip to France. The original English mobs in the 80's would have given it back to them with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Those they showed fighting were nothing compared to the ones that turned up in France, they looked and acted like special forces my mate said. Still, at least they realise they are 30 years too late by the sounds of it. Funny how they have never ever shown up in the motherland, as they call it. Just the state sponsored trip to France. The original English mobs in the 80's would have given it back to them with interest.

I honestly doubt it.

These Russians are big, fit, ruthless feckers! The English mobs in the 80's would have been fighting with one eye on their clothes.

We were in Bordeaux for four days and the locals couldn't have been friendlier. Stopping to chat, waving and tooting from their cars. Joining in with celebrations after the game. Really were brilliant hosts in our experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I honestly doubt it.

These Russians are big, fit, ruthless feckers! The English mobs in the 80's would have been fighting with one eye on their clothes.
    Also sober, organised and as you say ruthless. Isolated scarfers are not spared by these cwnts.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    We were in Bordeaux for four days and the locals couldn't have been friendlier. Stopping to chat, waving and tooting from their cars. Joining in with celebrations after the game. Really were brilliant hosts in our experience.
    I think the problem was that it was Russia Slovakia the day before Wales England and within half hour or something of each other. So some drunk locals probably didn't care to ask us which side of the bridge we came from.

I expected far more trouble because of that but it looks like Russia went all out on the first weekend and didn't bother much for the rest.

Bollocks, i know a group of lads who were attacked by a french mob carrying baguettes and when they were 'on their heels' they were bombarded with onions!
    Maybe they were just being friendly and trying to give them some sandwiches.

I think the problem was that it was Russia Slovakia the day before Wales England and within half hour or something of each other.

I expected far more trouble because of that but it looks like Russia went all out on the first weekend and didn't bother much for the rest.
    I was referring to the Frenchies. Found them very hospitable and welcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I was referring to the Frenchies. Found them very hospitable and welcoming.
    Ye. They knew England fans were in town so thought we were English.

I went to all of the Wales games in France & never had so much as a cross word with any of the locals or other fans, quite the opposite in fact. Maybe it was your behaviour that was the problem which caused the French to take a dislike to you.