+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

With MP's overwhelmingly voting to trigger article 50, a man so damned by the Chilcot Inquiry is now urging us to deliver a massive blow to democracy.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38996179

Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    With MP's overwhelmingly voting to trigger article 50, a man so damned by the Chilcot Inquiry is now urging us to deliver a massive blow to democracy.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38996179
    I have made no secret of my views on brexit, and the inherent problem in making decisions without a full understanding of the impact of those decisions.

I like to think I am a rational man, so why do I feel this sudden affinity to the brexiteers?

The whole thing seems to be a mess. On QT a few weeks ago Owen Smith was asked why he wouldn't have had a referendum if so many people were willing to vote to come out of the UK, but they came out (partly) under the banner of "take back control" only to see a system where UKIP can have millions of voters and still only one MP or where false promises on buses can have such influence in campaigns continue.

I am no fan of Tony Blair. I wouldn't find it to hard to believe that this is meant to disrupt Labour under Corbyn in the next by-election rather than promote UK/EU relations or help bring about a softer Brexit.

I don't have a problem with the notion that a representation of the people (not just Tony bloody Blair) comes in to existence to actively monitor this administration's handling of Brexit.
    Currently they seem to have moved on from the 'ooh f*ck, it actually happened .. f*ck me ..' stage to the 'ooh f*ck, I err oh I umm' stage and look ready to rush it as a consequence.
    Many level headed folk would prefer to see Brexit conducted with all possible due diligence, in the timescale available.

I'm not sure that is what Blair is trying to drum up, but it may help to create such a representation.

What a fantastic gesture by Blair, strengthening the resolve of the majority who want to get out of the EU. He is definitely Brexit's most effective secret weapon

I didn't like Blair the first time I saw him around about 1983, but was won around by him by the time the 97 election came around, only to subsequently be given the chance to say "see, I told you so" over Iraq. So, I'm certainly no fan of the man, but I've got to say what an indictment it is of those in politics now who were in the remain camp, that it takes this "disgraced" man to put together an argument about where we go from here that merits a second listen and which takes into account the feelings of those who did not vote Leave.

Yes, the Remain side lost, but nearly five million more voted that way than voted for the present Government in the last election. That's a substantial number and their views need to be represented at least by people who say they aren't willing to just sit back and accept a Brexit where the agenda is being driven by ardent leavers - Blair's not the right person to do it, but somebody should be saying what he did this morning, trouble is, there's no one with enough substance out there to try to hold the Hard Brexiteers to account.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 17-02-17 at 11:42.

Hilarious he claims people should rise up and he advises dictators around the world for millions.

Did Blair mention the French riots? Probably not.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...d-city-centre/

We can expect constituencies with strong UKIP support being bombed and invaded (which may not be a bad thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We can expect constituencies with strong UKIP support being bombed and invaded (which may not be a bad thing).
    What a disgraceful and pathetic thing to say.

Actually it really is an atrocious thing to say !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A more centrist Labour Party are the Tories
    And perhaps that's what the body of the electrote want

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    What a disgraceful and pathetic thing to say.

Actually it really is an atrocious thing to say !!!
    Whoosh

Whoosh
    Explain - you're clearly on a different planet

Explain - you're clearly on a different planet
    Not really. My comment was so absurd that I think most people realised that it wasn't serious. You were the exception.

Not really. My comment was so absurd that I think most people realised that it wasn't serious. You were the exception.
    I respect your humility in confirming that your post is meaningless rubbish.

Get well soon !

What is going on here

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What is going on here
    Just someone who has embarrassed himself with a sense of humour failure. And compounds the situation by hurling insults. I can cope
    Last edited by Taunton Blue Genie; 20-02-17 at 08:07.

Just someone who has embarrassed himself with a sense of humour failure. And compounds the situation by hurling insults. I can cope
    So now your meaningless and absurd comment was a joke - oh ok.
    How hysterical !
    I'll apologise for having a sense of humour failure when you write something that is actually funny.
    Where are the insults that have been 'hurled'.
    This coming from someone who clearly has made it clear his disdain for UKIP and their ilk, who then states it may not be a bad thing to bomb and invade UKIP constituencies.
    Hardly complimentary is it ?

So now your meaningless and absurd comment was a joke - oh ok.
    How hysterical !
    I'll apologise for having a sense of humour failure when you write something that is actually funny.
    Where are the insults that have been 'hurled'.
    This coming from someone who clearly has made it clear his disdain for UKIP and their ilk, who then states it may not be a bad thing to bomb and invade UKIP constituencies.
    Hardly complimentary is it ?
    I T W A S N O T A S E R I O U S C O M M E N T.
    I D O N O T A D V O C A T E O C C U P Y I N G A N D B O M B I N G P A R T S
    O F T H E U. K. I N A N Y C I R C U M S T A N C E S.

My ironic post was aimed at Blair's foreign policy, by the way. The thread header is a clue.

Best we wrap this up, don't you think?

I T W A S N O T A S E R I O U S C O M M E N T.
    I D O N O T A D V O C A T E O C C U P Y I N G A N D B O M B I N G P A R T S
    O F T H E U. K. I N A N Y C I R C U M S T A N C E S.

My ironic post was aimed at Blair's foreign policy, by the way. The thread header is a clue.

Best we wrap this up, don't you think?
    I am afraid that your apology is not sufficiently abject. You must confess that you have been a very silly boy and you should stand in the corner for 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I am afraid that your apology is not sufficiently abject. You must confess that you have been a very silly boy and you should stand in the corner for 15 minutes.
    If it means not explaining the bleeding obvious I will