Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

  1. #1

    Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    With MP's overwhelmingly voting to trigger article 50, a man so damned by the Chilcot Inquiry is now urging us to deliver a massive blow to democracy.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38996179
    All the power's in the hands, of people rich enough to buy it...

  2. #2
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    11,286

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    With MP's overwhelmingly voting to trigger article 50, a man so damned by the Chilcot Inquiry is now urging us to deliver a massive blow to democracy.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38996179
    I have made no secret of my views on brexit, and the inherent problem in making decisions without a full understanding of the impact of those decisions.

    I like to think I am a rational man, so why do I feel this sudden affinity to the brexiteers?

  3. #3

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    What a fantastic gesture by Blair, strengthening the resolve of the majority who want to get out of the EU. He is definitely Brexit's most effective secret weapon

  4. #4

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What a fantastic gesture by Blair, strengthening the resolve of the majority who want to get out of the EU. He is definitely Brexit's most effective secret weapon
    You gotta give it to 'Tone' he doesnt know when to give up!!! because he believes only he is right and knows the path the country should tread. Luckily he has no political mandate or office.

    He is so determined for Iraq not to be his legacy he is desperately looking for a band wagon to jump on. In this case though he has missed it completely.

    And like you say - this is a dream come true for anyone who voted to leave.

    I can see him making a comeback to the Labour party once Jezza decides to quit.

  5. #5

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    I didn't like Blair the first time I saw him around about 1983, but was won around by him by the time the 97 election came around, only to subsequently be given the chance to say "see, I told you so" over Iraq. So, I'm certainly no fan of the man, but I've got to say what an indictment it is of those in politics now who were in the remain camp, that it takes this "disgraced" man to put together an argument about where we go from here that merits a second listen and which takes into account the feelings of those who did not vote Leave.

    Yes, the Remain side lost, but nearly five million more voted that way than voted for the present Government in the last election. That's a substantial number and their views need to be represented at least by people who say they aren't willing to just sit back and accept a Brexit where the agenda is being driven by ardent leavers - Blair's not the right person to do it, but somebody should be saying what he did this morning, trouble is, there's no one with enough substance out there to try to hold the Hard Brexiteers to account.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 17-02-17 at 11:42.

  6. #6
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    11,697

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    You gotta give it to 'Tone' he doesnt know when to give up!!! because he believes only he is right and knows the path the country should tread. Luckily he has no political mandate or office.

    He is so determined for Iraq not to be his legacy he is desperately looking for a band wagon to jump on. In this case though he has missed it completely.

    And like you say - this is a dream come true for anyone who voted to leave.

    I can see him making a comeback to the Labour party once Jezza decides to quit.
    I doubt it. Universally unpopular.

    I know people who supported, or still rally for Corbyn, May, Nuttal, Farage, Boris, Brown, Cameron, Miliband et-al.
    But in years, I have not heard a solitary soul utter anything above distaste for Tony the Bush lovin' mad-eyed war-monger, and most are not even that kindly disposed.

  7. #7

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I doubt it. Universally unpopular.

    I know people who supported, or still rally for Corbyn, May, Nuttal, Farage, Boris, Brown, Cameron, Miliband et-al.
    But in years, I have not heard a solitary soul utter anything above distaste for Tony the Bush lovin' mad-eyed war-monger, and most are not even that kindly disposed.
    An acquaintance of mine was basically executed in a street in Baghdad because of Tony Blair's war mongering illegal decision. Blair is desperate to re write history in the utterly vain fantasy that people will forget what he did - that cost the lives of millions of people. The subsequent power vacuum. It was because of this ISIS was able to fill that vacuum - as a direct result of Bush and Blair's actions.

    It will never happen but there is a chair in a courtroom in the Hague with his name on it.

  8. #8

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Hilarious he claims people should rise up and he advises dictators around the world for millions.

  9. #9

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    An acquaintance of mine was basically executed in a street in Baghdad because of Tony Blair's war mongering illegal decision. Blair is desperate to re write history in the utterly vain fantasy that people will forget what he did - that cost the lives of millions of people. The subsequent power vacuum. It was because of this ISIS was able to fill that vacuum - as a direct result of Bush and Blair's actions.

    It will never happen but there is a chair in a courtroom in the Hague with his name on it.
    Nah, in mafia parlance he's a made man; someone who's untouchable. Him becoming a Middle East peace envoy was a piss take by his handlers.

  10. #10

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    The Return of The King !

    No wonder you kippers are cacking it.

    He is guilty of nothing and all you right wingers were well up for the Iraq War 2 at the time.

  11. #11

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    An acquaintance of mine was basically executed in a street in Baghdad because of Tony Blair's war mongering illegal decision. Blair is desperate to re write history in the utterly vain fantasy that people will forget what he did - that cost the lives of millions of people. The subsequent power vacuum. It was because of this ISIS was able to fill that vacuum - as a direct result of Bush and Blair's actions.

    It will never happen but there is a chair in a courtroom in the Hague with his name on it.
    Blair, Bush, the Clintons, Cameron and Obama all bat for the same team. Brexit/Trump is a travesty in their eyes.

  12. #12

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Did Blair mention the French riots? Probably not.

    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...d-city-centre/

  13. #13

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    We can expect constituencies with strong UKIP support being bombed and invaded (which may not be a bad thing).

  14. #14

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    The whole thing seems to be a mess. On QT a few weeks ago Owen Smith was asked why he wouldn't have had a referendum if so many people were willing to vote to come out of the UK, but they came out (partly) under the banner of "take back control" only to see a system where UKIP can have millions of voters and still only one MP or where false promises on buses can have such influence in campaigns continue.

    I am no fan of Tony Blair. I wouldn't find it to hard to believe that this is meant to disrupt Labour under Corbyn in the next by-election rather than promote UK/EU relations or help bring about a softer Brexit.

  15. #15
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    11,697

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    I don't have a problem with the notion that a representation of the people (not just Tony bloody Blair) comes in to existence to actively monitor this administration's handling of Brexit.
    Currently they seem to have moved on from the 'ooh f*ck, it actually happened .. f*ck me ..' stage to the 'ooh f*ck, I err oh I umm' stage and look ready to rush it as a consequence.
    Many level headed folk would prefer to see Brexit conducted with all possible due diligence, in the timescale available.

    I'm not sure that is what Blair is trying to drum up, but it may help to create such a representation.

  16. #16

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I doubt it. Universally unpopular.

    I know people who supported, or still rally for Corbyn, May, Nuttal, Farage, Boris, Brown, Cameron, Miliband et-al.
    But in years, I have not heard a solitary soul utter anything above distaste for Tony the Bush lovin' mad-eyed war-monger, and most are not even that kindly disposed.
    I was a Blair fan other than Iraq , I felt he did well on a few key things:

    Made Labour electable
    Won by a landslide
    Left Tories bewildered and without seats
    Subdued the dinosaurs of the far left who who are still strangling the party
    Kosovo and Sierra Leone interventions
    Longest period of sustained low inflation since the 60s.
    Introduced the National Minimum Wage and proved the Tories wrong about its danger
    Dragged Child benefit up to decent levels
    Banned fox hunting.
    Free off peak local bus travel for over-60s.
    Introduced child tax credit giving
    introduced Civil Partnerships
    £200 winter fuel payment

    He naively got sucked into Iraq ,and got above himself , hey what PM/president hasn't.

    If Labour had been grown up after Blair and voted in David Miliband the Tories would be struggling now , not looking at a potential period in the political "protest" wilderness.

  17. #17

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was a Blair fan other than Iraq , I felt he did well on a few key things:

    Made Labour electable
    Won by a landslide
    Left Tories bewildered and without seats
    Subdued the dinosaurs of the far left who who are still strangling the party
    Kosovo and Sierra Leone interventions
    Longest period of sustained low inflation since the 60s.
    Introduced the National Minimum Wage and proved the Tories wrong about its danger
    Dragged Child benefit up to decent levels
    Banned fox hunting.
    Free off peak local bus travel for over-60s.
    Introduced child tax credit giving
    introduced Civil Partnerships
    £200 winter fuel payment

    He naively got sucked into Iraq ,and got above himself , hey what PM/president hasn't.

    If Labour had been grown up after Blair and voted in David Miliband the Tories would be struggling now , not looking at a potential period in the political "protest" wilderness.
    Iraq was a disaster as has been proved but
    I agree with the above. What I find qiuestionable is the Attitudes of those who now disclaim any previous voting for Blair when he won an election in 2005 with a 50 seat majority even though we all knew by then Iraq had been a disaster.

    A more centrist Labour Party would have the Tories in knots.

  18. #18

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Iraq was a disaster as has been proved but
    I agree with the above. What I find qiuestionable is the Attitudes of those who now disclaim any previous voting for Blair when he won an election in 2005 with a 50 seat majority even though we all knew by then Iraq had been a disaster.

    A more centrist Labour Party would have the Tories in knots.
    A more centrist Labour Party are the Tories

  19. #19

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A more centrist Labour Party are the Tories
    And perhaps that's what the body of the electrote want

  20. #20

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We can expect constituencies with strong UKIP support being bombed and invaded (which may not be a bad thing).
    What a disgraceful and pathetic thing to say.

    Actually it really is an atrocious thing to say !!!

  21. #21

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    What a disgraceful and pathetic thing to say.

    Actually it really is an atrocious thing to say !!!
    Whoosh

  22. #22

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Whoosh
    Explain - you're clearly on a different planet

  23. #23

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Explain - you're clearly on a different planet
    Not really. My comment was so absurd that I think most people realised that it wasn't serious. You were the exception.

  24. #24

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Not really. My comment was so absurd that I think most people realised that it wasn't serious. You were the exception.
    I respect your humility in confirming that your post is meaningless rubbish.

    Get well soon !

  25. #25

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    What is going on here

  26. #26

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What is going on here
    Just someone who has embarrassed himself with a sense of humour failure. And compounds the situation by hurling insults. I can cope
    Last edited by Taunton Blue Genie; 20-02-17 at 08:07.

  27. #27

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just someone who has embarrassed himself with a sense of humour failure. And compounds the situation by hurling insults. I can cope
    So now your meaningless and absurd comment was a joke - oh ok.
    How hysterical !
    I'll apologise for having a sense of humour failure when you write something that is actually funny.
    Where are the insults that have been 'hurled'.
    This coming from someone who clearly has made it clear his disdain for UKIP and their ilk, who then states it may not be a bad thing to bomb and invade UKIP constituencies.
    Hardly complimentary is it ?

  28. #28

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    So now your meaningless and absurd comment was a joke - oh ok.
    How hysterical !
    I'll apologise for having a sense of humour failure when you write something that is actually funny.
    Where are the insults that have been 'hurled'.
    This coming from someone who clearly has made it clear his disdain for UKIP and their ilk, who then states it may not be a bad thing to bomb and invade UKIP constituencies.
    Hardly complimentary is it ?
    I T W A S N O T A S E R I O U S C O M M E N T.
    I D O N O T A D V O C A T E O C C U P Y I N G A N D B O M B I N G P A R T S
    O F T H E U. K. I N A N Y C I R C U M S T A N C E S.

    My ironic post was aimed at Blair's foreign policy, by the way. The thread header is a clue.

    Best we wrap this up, don't you think?

  29. #29

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I T W A S N O T A S E R I O U S C O M M E N T.
    I D O N O T A D V O C A T E O C C U P Y I N G A N D B O M B I N G P A R T S
    O F T H E U. K. I N A N Y C I R C U M S T A N C E S.

    My ironic post was aimed at Blair's foreign policy, by the way. The thread header is a clue.

    Best we wrap this up, don't you think?
    I am afraid that your apology is not sufficiently abject. You must confess that you have been a very silly boy and you should stand in the corner for 15 minutes.

  30. #30

    Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

    Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I am afraid that your apology is not sufficiently abject. You must confess that you have been a very silly boy and you should stand in the corner for 15 minutes.
    If it means not explaining the bleeding obvious I will

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •