+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Disgraced former PM urges Brexit reversal...

I didn't like Blair the first time I saw him around about 1983, but was won around by him by the time the 97 election came around, only to subsequently be given the chance to say "see, I told you so" over Iraq. So, I'm certainly no fan of the man, but I've got to say what an indictment it is of those in politics now who were in the remain camp, that it takes this "disgraced" man to put together an argument about where we go from here that merits a second listen and which takes into account the feelings of those who did not vote Leave.

Yes, the Remain side lost, but nearly five million more voted that way than voted for the present Government in the last election. That's a substantial number and their views need to be represented at least by people who say they aren't willing to just sit back and accept a Brexit where the agenda is being driven by ardent leavers - Blair's not the right person to do it, but somebody should be saying what he did this morning, trouble is, there's no one with enough substance out there to try to hold the Hard Brexiteers to account.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 17-02-17 at 11:42.