+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bye bye Clottenburg

Bye bye Clottenburg

Re: Bye bye Clottenburg

"The 41-year-old is widely considered to be one of the best referees in football, "

Not by me!

Speaking at an 'unveiling' broadcast live on the Saudi Football Federation's Twitter page, Clattenburg said: "This is an important move forward. We have professional referees in the country that I am leaving which has been a big positive.

"One thing I'd like to do is work with the refereeing team and the president to make this happen so that it will be successful for many, many years to come."

translated in man-on-the-street-terms

Speaking at an 'unveiling' broadcast live on the Saudi Football Federation's Twitter page, Clattenburg said: " they are paying me a obscene amount of money, i would have been a fool to turn it down "

"One thing I'd like to do is work for that amount of money "

Trouble is, if he sends off, or even books, a member of the Saud family he'll have his whistle hand chopped off.

Had a shocker Vs Leeds at Ninian Park about 10 years ago. Didn't we have 2 men sent off and still beat them?

Another ref who I hated was that Taylor bloke who seemed to send off a City player every time he reffed us.
    Never felt so angry after a game than when he sent off Gyepes and McCormack Vs Sheff Utd and they had that smug, little, ginger kent playing for them goading the Grandstand.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    "The 41-year-old is widely considered to be one of the best referees in football, "

Not by me!
    I woudl say he is the best about now , must be a massive offer financially,good luck to him , I woudl not consider doing his job in a 100 years , overpaid dramatic players trying to cheat the system, and gob off ,never mind the crowds questioning your parentage

I hope he clamps down on unethical haircuts when he takes up his new position.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Had a shocker Vs Leeds at Ninian Park about 10 years ago. Didn't we have 2 men sent off and still beat them?

Another ref who I hated was that Taylor bloke who seemed to send off a City player every time he reffed us.
    Never felt so angry after a game than when he sent off Gyepes and McCormack Vs Sheff Utd and they had that smug, little, ginger kent playing for them goading the Grandstand.
    Yep - was there for that game and those decisions were incredible. He must have had money riding on that game...

This is not news, since when did refs become celebrities?
    The best refs on the field are not noticed.
    He won't be missed.

Never rated him a top ref. Won't be sorry to see the back of him either.

Clattastrophe's leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Speaking at an 'unveiling' broadcast live on the Saudi Football Federation's Twitter page, Clattenburg said: "This is an important move forward. We have professional referees in the country that I am leaving which has been a big positive.

"One thing I'd like to do is work with the refereeing team and the president to make this happen so that it will be successful for many, many years to come."

translated in man-on-the-street-terms

Speaking at an 'unveiling' broadcast live on the Saudi Football Federation's Twitter page, Clattenburg said: " they are paying me a obscene amount of money, i would have been a fool to turn it down "

"One thing I'd like to do is work for that amount of money "
    Can you blame him? I can't.
    I'm sure if any of us were in the same situation we would do exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

Not half! It was the only time I have ever written to the Football League to complain about a ref. He was shocking that day.

Sums up all that is wrong with modern football when refs have a transfer list and signing on fees.

More football pigs with their trotters in the gravy trough.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Clattastrophe's leaving?
    Yep, after 12 years with Manchester United!