+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wine

Wine

I've come to realise It's bloody lovely stuff.

I've also come to realise that not only price doesn't always determine how nice it is, neither do 'awards'. Maybe it's my shit taste.

I would always choose red over white or rose - can anyone recommend any budget wine? (Below £6) I've found lidls stuff very hit and miss!

Re: Wine

Never had a bad Chilean Merlot. Best drunk one day after opening

Black Tower will remove any scratches off your car but if it's red as your favourite tipple , Bulls blood is the answer , But f@ck knows what the question is

I hate people who drop litter

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    What would you drink in the meantime then and what if you don't fancy a glass the day after? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would always choose red over white or rose - can anyone recommend any budget wine?
    I'm very partial to Blossom Hill - only £4.29 from the local shop. A fruity bouquet with a saucy aftertaste....great with a curry!

Faustino is a decent Rioja, can be cheap or over a tenner, depending on ordinary/reserva/gran reserva etc

There's so any decent wines in supermarkets for under £5-£6, experiment and find one(or ten) that you like.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/exquisite-arg...00000016286800

this aldi malbec is good - i really liked it and £6 a bottle - won some taste awards if that means anything

Banned

As long as it's red or rose and over 9%, shove it in mun

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    As long as it's red or rose and over 9%, shove it in mun
    And now you know why Nugent is the cultural and etiquette secretary for Barry .

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    What would you drink in the meantime then and what if you don't fancy a glass the day after? 🤔
    Listen mate, if you're not going to take your job of drinking seriously then I can't help you. You've seen the booze adverts "Drink responsibly"... what can be more "responsible" than planning ahead?? IMG_0088.GIF

Listen mate, if you're not going to take your job of drinking seriously then I can't help you. You've seen the booze adverts "Drink responsibly"... what can be more "responsible" than planning ahead?? IMG_0088.GIF
    Ah now I see.
    The answer to my second question speaks for itself and the first one.... you already had one open from the night before

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I've come to realise It's bloody lovely stuff.

I've also come to realise that not only price doesn't always determine how nice it is, neither do 'awards'. Maybe it's my shit taste.

I would always choose red over white or rose - can anyone recommend any budget wine? (Below £6) I've found lidls stuff very hit and miss!

Try Exquisite Australian Shiraz £5.80 14% full bodied red wine. Very impressed..

Just bought a Chilean cabernet sauvignon for £3.98 in Barry Asda. Can't fault that price.

Grapevine Merlot from Aldi is perfectly drinkable. At £3.29 a bottle, you can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Glos Blue View Post
    Grapevine Merlot from Aldi is perfectly drinkable. At £3.29 a bottle, you can't go wrong.
    Blimey, that's damning with faint praise

@WJ99 aye, wine is a whole universe of beauty and pleasure to be explored, enjoyed, appreciated and occasionally getting merrily pissed. Only occasionally of course... ;)

So many to choose from but here's one suggestion - have a look in the Spanish section for a Rioja / Tempranillo which also says Reserva or better still Gran Reserva on the label.
    Can be found at a genuinely decent price, esp when they might also be on offer.
    Open a couple of hours before pouring.

These can be rich dark fruit , spicy, vanilla-ry, oaky or any combination thereof. Yum. Unlikely to find a disappointment.

blue nun every time.

Watched this on Netflix last weekend. Interesting.