+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trolls on this board

Trolls on this board

You can't really blame attention-seeking people (aka trolls) for coming on this MB when every time some members will rise to the bait and respond directly to their posts. "The oxygen of publicity” and all that comes to mind.

The sure fire way to get rid of them is by having a big zero in the "Replies" and “Views” column!

Troll.jpg

Thanks to TH63 for the jpg.

Re: Trolls on this board

You're welcome Gofer and I of course agree with you.

I must admit that in some moments, usually when bored and in the mood for some childish entertainment, I've replied to them myself despite the obvious solution that the only way to get rid of trolls is to starve them of the oxygen of attention that they seek, something that is otherwise lacking in their normal dull, uninteresting and lonely lives.

On some message boards you get trolls who are actually at least clever enough to form a sentence and at least a little intelligent.

We get chris, jursset and Tandy who don't have a brain between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    On some message boards you get trolls who are actually at least clever enough to form a sentence and at least a little intelligent.

Or sad people, who wish other posters illness & death.

Banned

The saddest case of trolling on here is CROESY BLUE the poor sod had to copy someones name because he couldn't think of one of his own.

Jursett s twitter has made him look a right joke - the bloke is a James Corden fan ffs.

Let him post away and get humiliated.

Tandy I suspect is a Jack.

Cedric was the best (or worst, however you see it).
    A kent of a bloke but was able to string a sentence together.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I didn't wish an illness on you I compared you to an illness because you suck the life out of me gradually with your shit posts and unfunny jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I didn't wish an illness on you I compared you to an illness because you suck the life out of me gradually with your shit posts and unfunny jokes.

Did I mention thee ?

Then again if the cap fits

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Although I would never admit it to him, I did enjoy some of Cedric’s posts (“young fella me lad” and all that nonsense). As you say he was intelligent enough to put a complete sentence together and had a very acerbic wit. He got silly towards the end though, almost paranoid in fact, before he disappeared (or was he banned, I can’t remember?).

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Although I would never admit it to him, I did enjoy some of Cedric’s posts (“young fella me lad” and all that nonsense). As you say he was intelligent enough to put a complete sentence together and had a very acerbic wit. He got silly towards the end though, almost paranoid in fact, before he disappeared (or was he banned, I can’t remember?).
    Or is he brilliantly disguised under another name?

It seems that you may have contradicted your OP here GB.

IMO, a so called "troll" has as much right to post something as somebody who posts a "sensible" post. One person's trolling is another's attempt to put forward a view for conversation.

If people want to have a bit of fun because the board has say gone a bit stale then go ahead I say.
    Nobody forces someone to reply to a post and surely it is up to the reader to make the decision whether to reply or not.
    I find that a "troll" can quickly be shot down verbally IF someone fancies it.

Agree if the posts are offensive or obusive then that is not acceptable but things are in place to correct them, the ability to report the poster and the moderator's delete the post or ban the poster.

Or am I missing something?

Cedric was genuinely entertaining though. As said, wit, ability to cover more than one dull repetitive theme and a spark of humour is what separates someone like Cedric from a vacuous troll like e.g. Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Cedric was genuinely entertaining though. As said, wit, ability to cover more than one dull repetitive theme and a spark of humour is what separates someone like Cedric from a vacuous troll like e.g. Chris.
    Cedric was brilliant.

Best thing about Cedric was that he predicted us to lose every week when we went up and then stopped posting when we were doing shite. Hats off to him, genius.

McAdder - No I don't think so. Cedric was provocative but not downright obnoxious/offensive for the sake of it like some others on here (I won't name names so as to provide the oxygen). I did wonder at one time if he was a reincarnation of Victor (I wonder how many folk on here remember him?).

McAdder - No I don't think so. Cedric was provocative but not downright obnoxious/offensive for the sake of it like some others on here (I won't name names so as to provide the oxygen). I did wonder at one time if he was a reincarnation of Victor (I wonder how many folk on here remember him?).
    VICTOR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    VICTOR!!
    Loved VICTOR!! especially when VICTORS!! Mum came along.
    Also it was great to see Cedric's bookmaker make an appearance every now and again

Loved VICTOR!! especially when VICTORS!! Mum came along.
    Also it was great to see Cedric's bookmaker make an appearance every now and again
    classic stuff.