+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just my luck

just my luck

I promised youngest daughter we could go and see " Trolls " in the cinema, its on Kids am ( so £2.50 a ticket ),

Its not a drama, will still leave 3 hours to get to CCS, its normally just under 2 hours drive, 1 hour spare for traffic and to pop into ASDA for a few snacks

I fill up with fuel, that did eat into my time by 5 mins, hit the road to the M4 and its stopped, not moving at all

sat in it for about 45 mins and realise we are not even going to get to the ground before 1/2 time, so i spin around and come home

Then we win 5 Nil, I like 5 Nil wins

though i s.pose i would have still see 4 of the goals

to make matters worse, she has seen the film Twice before

Re: just my luck

These teasers are great - can't wait for the book launch now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    These teasers are great - can't wait for the book launch now.
    Went to see my publisher and took along my 5 year old son, he wanted to stop for ice cream of course, so I obliged and we ended up at a KFC. The manager walks past us eating our ice cream and says to my son "wait right there" and rushed off through a 'Staff Only' door. When he came back he gave my son a free KFC hat!

With all the excitement we got to my publisher over half an hour late and he'd gone home by then, typical

Decided to have a MacDonalds before the game with my daughter. Thought I should leave enough time to work the computer ordering system, wait for our meal, eat it and still get in the ground if we hit MacDonalds around 10.00. We wanted a McDonalds double sausage MacMuffin with hash browns and large latte coffee. Just as we reached the counter, it was time to switch from the breakfast menu so we decided on a Spicey Chicken bun and fries. As our food was about to be served, there was a lot of shouting and movement and we were told to lie on the floor. Armed police raced in and apprehended a suspicious looking man of Asian appearance. His holdall was lying on the floor and we were advised that any movement might trigger an explosion. Two hours later the bomb disposal team arrived and bravely rendered the device safe. This took about two and a half hours, but by now our meals were stone cold. We left famished and far far too late to see the game. It was just our luck.

naughty boys ..

Bloody hell, I come home after a 5-0 win, log in to ccmb to even more excitement, I don't think I can cope with it all.

Bloody CCMB police has arrived ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post

International

Could be worse. It could be the grammer and spelling police!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I remember the first time I encountered the spelling police, I must have been in the 1st or 2nd year of junior school at the time. I was in the school library with my 4 year old and John Barnes was doing a book signing, well I queued up with the rest of the kids when my 5 year old tells me he wants a bag of M&M's from the vending machine.

So, we head over to the machine and I'm digging around in my pockets for change when I realise I'm a kid who doesn't really have the need to be holding sums of cash on my person, obviously my 6 year old isn't best pleased and when we head back into the library we find that Barnes had left 45 mins ago. Bloody fuming

Although points deducted as no one has slipped in some humble brags about how talented the kids are.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You're nicked, sonny!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I promised youngest daughter we could go and see " Trolls " in the cinema, its on Kids am ( so £2.50 a ticket ),

Its not a drama, will still leave 3 hours to get to CCS, its normally just under 2 hours drive, 1 hour spare for traffic and to pop into ASDA for a few snacks

I fill up with fuel, that did eat into my time by 5 mins, hit the road to the M4 and its stopped, not moving at all

sat in it for about 45 mins and realise we are not even going to get to the ground before 1/2 time, so i spin around and come home

Then we win 5 Nil, I like 5 Nil wins

though i s.pose i would have still see 4 of the goals

to make matters worse, she has seen the film Twice before
    This is a great story. If you're on Family Fortunes, you should recount it for the viewing millions eager for an amusing anecdote.

I remember the first time I encountered the spelling police, I must have been in the 1st or 2nd year of junior school at the time. I was in the school library with my 4 year old and John Barnes was doing a book signing, well I queued up with the rest of the kids when my 5 year old tells me he wants a bag of M&M's from the vending machine.

So, we head over to the machine and I'm digging around in my pockets for change when I realise I'm a kid who doesn't really have the need to be holding sums of cash on my person, obviously my 6 year old isn't best pleased and when we head back into the library we find that Barnes had left 45 mins ago. Bloody fuming
    You had 4, 5, 6 year old kids when you was in junior school!?

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    You had 4, 5, 6 year old kids when you was in junior school!?

I'm pretty sure that, many years from now, the school curriculum will replace Shakespeare with Blue Matt.

The good thing is that we'll be able to tell our great grandkids that we got to experience the great man first.

#privileged

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I'm pretty sure that, many years from now, the school curriculum will replace Shakespeare with Blue Matt.
    Against this, today nobody likes or even understands Shakespeare

GIVE MATT A TV SHOW IN WHICH HE TELLS HIS ANECDOTES... AUDIENCE GETS FREE ZIMBABWEAN BURRITOS

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    GIVE MATT A TV SHOW IN WHICH HE TELLS HIS ANECDOTES... AUDIENCE GETS FREE ZIMBABWEAN BURRITOS
    They have donkeys is Zimbabwe?

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    They have donkeys is Zimbabwe?
    Not for long.

I hope future tales get serialised.
    I don't think it will be as big a draw as Loan Watch in the CCMB ratings but "Matt's Matchday Mishaps" could grow into a ratings grabber.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I hope future tales get serialised.
    I don't think it will be as big a draw as Loan Watch in the CCMB ratings but "Matt's Matchday Mishaps" could grow into a ratings grabber.
    Graham Norton needs to get Matt on his Friday night show

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    He needs a song to gently play behind his tales...

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    And fire him out of the chair backwards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXF7NDeto_w

Tune in again at the same time next week folks when Blue Matt will be talking us through the 3pm 'School Run'. Don't miss it!!