+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: just my luck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: just my luck

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    These teasers are great - can't wait for the book launch now.
    Went to see my publisher and took along my 5 year old son, he wanted to stop for ice cream of course, so I obliged and we ended up at a KFC. The manager walks past us eating our ice cream and says to my son "wait right there" and rushed off through a 'Staff Only' door. When he came back he gave my son a free KFC hat!

With all the excitement we got to my publisher over half an hour late and he'd gone home by then, typical

Decided to have a MacDonalds before the game with my daughter. Thought I should leave enough time to work the computer ordering system, wait for our meal, eat it and still get in the ground if we hit MacDonalds around 10.00. We wanted a McDonalds double sausage MacMuffin with hash browns and large latte coffee. Just as we reached the counter, it was time to switch from the breakfast menu so we decided on a Spicey Chicken bun and fries. As our food was about to be served, there was a lot of shouting and movement and we were told to lie on the floor. Armed police raced in and apprehended a suspicious looking man of Asian appearance. His holdall was lying on the floor and we were advised that any movement might trigger an explosion. Two hours later the bomb disposal team arrived and bravely rendered the device safe. This took about two and a half hours, but by now our meals were stone cold. We left famished and far far too late to see the game. It was just our luck.

naughty boys ..