+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Neil.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Our Neil.

I see the Rotherham fans were clapping the "One Neil Warnock" chant. What a couple of seasons he's had in the twilight of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I see the Rotherham fans were clapping the "One Neil Warnock" chant. What a couple of seasons he's had in the twilight of his career.
    Nice to see their fans applaud him when he went to acknowledge them after the game.
    Wish we'd had him last season.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Nice to see their fans applaud him when he went to acknowledge them after the game.
    Wish we'd had him last season.
    Nice to see Neil shake all their players hands too

When he was not "OUR'S", we all disliked him and what his sides stood for.

Now he is "OUR'S", we are seeing what a quality football man he is.

I honestly believe, that "OUR NEIL" & Cardiff City (fans an all), are a match made in heaven.

Thank you "OUR NEIL", for bringing our club & fans together.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    When he was not "OUR'S", we all disliked him and what his sides stood for.

Now he is "OUR'S", we are seeing what a quality football man he is.

I honestly believe, that "OUR NEIL" & Cardiff City (fans an all), are a match made in heaven.

Thank you "OUR NEIL", for bringing our club & fans together.
    Quite a few years ago I agree, I did dislike him. Maybe that was down to the negative press he used to have. However My opinions started to change about 9 - 10 years ago and I started to appreciate exactly what he did to clubs and how much they improved under his management. I also read his book "The Gaffer", which is excellent and gives a little bit of an indication of Warnock the person, so I was more than happy when he came here and not surprised how well he has done.

It's a pity that Warnock wasn't appointed when Slade was. He would have done a superb job of getting rid of players, cutting costs and making the most out of the squad that we had.