+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harris' contract...

Harris' contract...

...up at the end of this season.

Presume there's talks already ongoing about keeping him here?

Blue in the Face

Re: Harris' contract...

You're right CB by the looks of things. Imagine his wage demands may have doubled over the past couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    You're right CB by the looks of things. Imagine his wage demands may have doubled over the past couple of games
    FYP

From what Warnock said in the pre Rotherham press conference , it's all down to where we stand with Financial Fair Play. He's had talks with Harris , and once FFP situation is clarified then contract will be offered. My thoughts are we are going to have to offload Lambert , whitts, Huw's , due to wages in order to get the players we want in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    From what Warnock said in the pre Rotherham press conference , it's all down to where we stand with Financial Fair Play. He's had talks with Harris , and once FFP situationp is clarified then contract will be offered. My thoughts are we are going to have to offload Lambert , whitts, Huw's , due to wages in order to get the players we want in.
    Who is going to take Lambert on at his age, salary and fitness record?

Manga, Amos, Le Fondre, Harris, Whitts, McGregor and the Rotherham 2 are all out of contract and all may have to go if we are to comply with FFP and provide Neil with the the funds he requires.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post

Manga, Amos, Le Fondre, Harris, Whitts, McGregor and the Rotherham 2 are all out of contract and all may have to go if we are to comply with FFP and provide Neil with the the funds he requires.
    And Junior Hoilett.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    And Junior Hoilett.
    Cheers. Hoiltt, Harris and McGregor are well worth keeping.

Is Deji Oshilaja still under contract after this summer?

Yeah.

Who is he?

I believe Etiens contract could be up end of this season, I hope we are already in talks with him or Loan Watch could well close down.

No, I think his contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No, I think his contract is up.
    Looks like he is still out on loan with Gillingham.

He prefers to be called by his proper name Abdul-Yussuf Adedeji Adeniyi Oshilaji

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

He prefers to be called by his proper name Abdul-Yussuf Adedeji Adeniyi Oshilaji
    He can't stay with us.
    Imagine our current announcer trying to get his toungue around that name!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    He can't stay with us.
    Imagine our current announcer trying to get his toungue around that name!

Ooops!
    Fat finger syndrome.
    "tongue", obviously.

Amos and McGregor are both on loan here.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Pillock View Post
    Amos and McGregor are both on loan here.
    We're still (presumably) paying their wages though, which we don't have to next season so they will clear up room in the budget. Also, as Murphy is more than capable we don't need two keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

Surely that would be the final straw for Kevin Ratcliffe on Radio Wales. He has problems pronouncing Kadeem Harris!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Surely that would be the final straw for Kevin Ratcliffe on Radio Wales. He has problems pronouncing Kadeem Harris!!
    I reckon if I murdered Kevin Ratcliffe because I couldnt stand listening to him on the radio one more time,
    I would get probation at the worst.

I am not disagreeing with you but when you look at the list of players that you assume may have to go, then check what we have spent over the last 18-24 months, then finally look at at least 9-10 clubs in the championship that have all spent serious money - why are we so preoccupied with FFP ??
    By many comparisons we see to be frugal .........

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I am not disagreeing with you but when you look at the list of players that you assume may have to go, then check what we have spent over the last 18-24 months, then finally look at at least 9-10 clubs in the championship that have all spent serious money - why are we so preoccupied with FFP ??
    By many comparisons we see to be frugal .........
    I reckon if we stay within our means while most of those clubs implode, we will elevate above them in due course.

I think those clubs had a strategy to gamble with a major payoff that outweighs the risks. But had all those clubs known how many other clubs would've gone for the same idea, would they still have had the same strategy? I really don't think so.

Maybe we do have a better strategy?

I reckon if we stay within our means while most of those clubs implode, we will elevate above them in due course.

I think those clubs had a strategy to gamble with a major payoff that outweighs the risks. But had all those clubs known how many other clubs would've gone for the same idea, would they still have had the same strategy? I really don't think so.

Maybe we do have a better strategy?
    I agree and think the path we are following is commercially sensible for the club.
    It's just that we have spent "peanuts" over the last 2 years and also cancelled many contracts and loaned players out, yet we are forever referring to the fact that any potential signings can only be made when we reduce playing staff further (because of FFP).
    I dont see many other clubs paying much attention to this.?

Blue in the Face

I agree and think the path we are following is commercially sensible for the club.
    It's just that we have spent "peanuts" over the last 2 years and also cancelled many contracts and loaned players out, yet we are forever referring to the fact that any potential signings can only be made when we reduce playing staff further (because of FFP).
    It is baffling. I met a barrister at a wedding last year who claimed there were legitimate ways round FFP, though he wouldn't give me any details as he planned to sell his ideas to one of the big PL clubs! I really have no idea what their plans are but strongly suspect that a few suits are bricking themselves now.

I'm glad to see them failing anyway. Hopefully we'll make the playoffs next year because half the league will be on minus points

Next season the parachute payments end. Unfortunately with average crowds of 15k we will struggle to compete with the likes of Derby, Wednesday and even the mighty Leeds, never mind the three clubs relegated from the premier league.

I just hope Tan supports Warnock next season as the funds will be reduced thereafter.

Next season the parachute payments end. Unfortunately with average crowds of 15k we will struggle to compete with the likes of Derby, Wednesday and even the mighty Leeds, never mind the three clubs relegated from the premier league.

I just hope Tan supports Warnock next season as the funds will be reduced thereafter.
    True, although past history will tell us the a successful City side (top 3-4) will attract 20K + at home games.

Blue in the Face

True, although past history will tell us the a successful City side (top 3-4) will attract 20K + at home games.
    What a difference it will make if we can get that average again next year. Was going to start a thread on that topic...

What a difference it will make if we can get that average again next year. Was going to start a thread on that topic...
    Would it really make that much difference, if 5000 extra people went out and bought £500 season tickets it would result in £2.5m, to put that into perspective it is less than half of the transfer money that Warnock has asked for, and that is before you add the players wages on top.