Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Good post, although I can't ever remember earnie missing that many nailed on chances, I suppose you tend to forget the misses when a player is as prolific as he was. My point about Zohore was that-to me-he doesn't look like an instinctive striker, he just doesn't play that way. He's not the type striker that makes those short bursts infront of defenders, or who can pounce on lose balls, poor defending in and around the box. I hope he develops those traits, to say that they'll come is inaccurate, we simply don't know whether he'll ever possess those attributes that top strikers rely on. I hope he does, and i'm really pleased for him and Warnock, it's a lift for the fans when something unexpected comes along and excites us. He is strong, composed and has a good touch and technique, and is a very strong runner, although,is he sharp and instinctive around the box, does he peel off defenders in order to give him a yard of space? not yet-will he develop those skills? Who knows? As it stands, i'm really starting to enjoy my time watching the club, and isn't it great that we are debating the merits of Zohore, something we couldn't of dreamed about two months ago!
True - it is not a given that he possesses those qualities and he may never acquire them. However the rate of change is startling from someone who could not do anything right just a few weeks ago to the person who made the run into the box off Hoilett for his first, and had the self-belief to hit that exquisite lob first-time for his second.

My instinct is that he's got everything he needs to be one of the best strikers I've ever seen play for Cardiff, however I don't think we'll ever see it as I think he'll be gone in the Summer to a Premier League side to fund our push for promotion next year. While he's here though I'm going to really enjoy the rest of this season!

You are right as well, it is good to be talking about an exciting upturn in the fortunes of Cardiff City and its players for a change!