+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rhys Healey

Rhys Healey

The Majorcan based correspondent on the other board is suggesting that he's done both his cruciate and his anterior ligaments and will be out for 9 months.

Awful injury

Blue in the Face

Re: Rhys Healey

:crap:

How does the Santa Ponsa Plonker know ?

Sounds unlikely they would know so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Don't be daft, he'd be the first person the club doctor would've phoned.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    For advice, obvs.

Warnock has said the same in an interview.Its a crying shame
    Lets hope the scans are not as bad as they seem

Poor bugger.
    The spotlight at last turns to shine on him and.. boom.
    He'll be back.
    Speedy recovery Rhys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Warnock's quotes and Wales Online

Rhys Healey's season has been left in tatters with Neil Warnock fearing Cardiff City's rookie striker is facing at least nine months out after a double knee ligament injury.

Healey went down in agony after his studs appeared to catch in the turf after a surge into the Rotherham box in the first-half of the Bluebirds' thumping 5-0 win over the Millers.

And the 22-year-old – making his first league start at Cardiff City Stadium – covered his face with his shirt as he coped with the pain from the innocuous looking incident.

Warnock will now wait for details of a scan on Monday to see the full extent of the damage to the former Newport County loan star's left knee.

But he said initial prognosis suggested the striker had damaged both the cruciate and anterior ligaments, meaning it could be “at least” a nine-month recovery.

Warnock said: “Even with the result, Rhys' injury soured everything because we think he's done both ligaments. He's gone for another scan but it would be a major blow.

“He's done so well for us, given us a new lease of life with that goal against Burton and winning the penalty the other night and it's so disappointing to see him miss out with a nothing injury because his studs got caught in the turf.

“We'll know for sure next week but if it is both ligaments it will be nine months if he's lucky. It's disappointing to say the least.”

Horrible injury after such a promising season.

Stephen McPhail recommended him.

All early signs suggest it will be a long term injury which is gutting for a player who was enjoying championship football and ready to show if he can play at this level. One player is temporarily out so the opportunity will be there for the taking for another player - Mark Harris? Hopefully Healey comes back strong.

Warnock suggested the 9 month and double break in post-match interview.
    Last edited by surge; 18-02-17 at 20:12.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Stephen McPhail recommended him.

All early signs suggest it will be a long term injury which is gutting for a player who was enjoying championship football and ready to show if he can play at this level. One player is temporarily out so the opportunity will be there for the taking for another player - Mark Harris? Hopefully Healey comes back strong.

Warnock suggested the 9 month and double break in post-match interview.
    Get well soon Rhys ,life can be cruel after waiting so long to break through.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Get well soon Rhys ,life can be cruel after waiting so long to break through.
    This^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    By reading a Walesonline article based on quotes from Neil Warnock, then posting on his website without referring the source of the "cut and paste"

I think that's his time with us done unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Really? Are you saying we'll fix him up and then sell him on?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Thats the cruel reality of football,with a 9 month possible layoff,City will no doubt strengthen in the summer and that in turn will push Rhys further down the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Really? Are you saying we'll fix him up and then sell him on?
    Unfortunately there isn't enough time remaining to fix him up.

He will probably be melted down and made in to glue.

Hopefully, the disappointment will drive the kid on after his recovery.

Bad injuries affect the mentality as well as the physicality.

Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    Thats the cruel reality of football,with a 9 month possible layoff,City will no doubt strengthen in the summer and that in turn will push Rhys further down the pecking order.
    Absolutely.

We can't assume that Healey will come good and therefore I can imagine, back on loan with only a slight chance of making it back with us.

Who knows, I just wish him a speedy recovery.

I sadly called it correctly at halftime during the match on my FB page having seen it happen right in front of me in real time.

It was quite obvious from the lack of physical contact, the way he went down and his obvious agony on the pitch. Having seen these before, it all added up.

Now confirmed by the club, he's done both ligaments, needs surgery and will be out for 9 months. Gutted for the lad, but I guess he's young enough to come back from what would've been a career ending injury in the past.

Now confirmed by the club, he's done both ligaments, needs surgery and will be out for 9 months. Gutted for the lad, but I guess he's young enough to come back from what would've been a career ending injury in the past.
    Let's hope so. Cruel bad luck for Rhys, but if Warnock stays I think he will get another shot at the first team when he is recovered.

Massive injury blow for Rhys Healey

Young striker facing nine months out after devastating ligament injuries

Cardiff City have confirmed that Rhys Healey needs surgery after tearing his anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in Saturday’s game with Rotherham United.

The club said: 

"Rhys will shortly undergo surgery to repair the damaged ligaments, before a process of rehabilitation that could be up to nine months.

"We all offer Rhys our very best wishes during this difficult time in his career and look forward to seeing him back in action later in 2017."

We wish Rhys all the best in his recovery.

C:WindowsTempphp58BD.tmp

Last edited by Michael Morris; 21-02-17 at 21:43.