+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The chase for the Top 6

The chase for the Top 6

Barnsley 9th lost today, Preston 10th drew today, Norwich 7th lost today, Leeds 5th drew.

Sheff Wed 6th won,

no games for Huddersfield 3rd, Reading 4th, Fulham 8th, Derby 11th.

Really good 3 points today. Still a big gap between 6th and 7th though.

Re: The chase for the Top 6

A 7th or 8th place finish is well within our grasp but Sheff Wed or Leeds would have to right royally bollox it up for us to get 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    A 7th or 8th place finish is well within our grasp but Sheff Wed or Leeds would have to right royally bollox it up for us to get 6th.

My money is on Leeds to do a Cardiff

Fulham best placed to challenge for the play-offs but we're just starting to challenge Barnsley, Preston, Derby as the best of the rest. 10th would be a very good finish, but I expect Warnock to experiment a little soon and our position to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    My money is on Leeds to do a Cardiff

Oh, YES, YES, PLEASE make this happen

I think the play offs are out of reach tbh, but if we did make it, the way we are playing right now? I'd be looking forward to Wembley

the season starts in august not the middle of february

you win three on the trot suddenly your talking about the play offs, seriously deluded to put it mildly.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post

you win three on the trot suddenly your talking about the play offs, seriously deluded to put it mildly.
    A Leeds follower calling any other set of fans deluded is like being called a bit camp by Dale Winton.
    All but the most optimistic of us accept that a play off place is unlikely but as we were relegation candidates only a few weeks ago but now are taking points off anything that comes out of Yorkshire you have to give us a little leeway.

A couple of defeats and we will be back talking about the end of civilisation as we know it and you can get a draw at the likes of Burton and start dreaming of European finals.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post

No I want Leeds to suffer in the play offs fir a few seasons before getting relegated back to league 1 again.....they will never get back to the top where we pushed the button to start the decline....