+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fred

Fred

I'd love to see him have a run of games now we're pretty much safe.

Re: Fred

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The ref denied him a hat trick

Warnock has made a thing about 50 points which is a target we've not yet hit.

disagree we need to push on until it's mathematically impossible to get into play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    disagree we need to push on until it's mathematically impossible to get into play offs.
    Yes, and I'm sure that's exactly what we will do. The 50 point thing is to temper any (probably unrealistic) expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He'll probably get back on the bench with Lambert and Healey injured.

Think he is only one of 3 strikers left. Maybe even one of 2 fit strikers. Surely he'll get a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Think he is only one of 3 strikers left. Maybe even one of 2 fit strikers. Surely he'll get a chance
    Hope not , he IS shit .

Warnock has developed Gunnars, Harris, Zohore into good players.
    However I think when it comes to Fred, that's asking too much

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Hope not , he IS shit .
    Great news, Jimmy.

Now you have nominated Fred as the next player to wear the 'shit' badge we can expect to see him turn into a world beater by the end of April. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Warnock and his team have developed Gunnars, Harris, Zohore and Noone into good players.
    However I think when it comes to Fred, that's asking too much
    FYP

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    The ref denied him a hat trick

Usually I would agree, giving Fringe players games, but the more games Zahore is playing the better he's getting. Unless playing with two target men which wouldn't suit our shape then I'd say no. Which is a shame as he looked light years ahead of Zahore at the start

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Usually I would agree, giving Fringe players games, but the more games Zahore is playing the better he's getting. Unless playing with two target men which wouldn't suit our shape then I'd say no. Which is a shame as he looked light years ahead of Zahore at the start
    I don't necessarily think Zohore has to be used as a target man. He is very quick and mobile and his second goal would far more likely have been scored by the "small man" in front 2 relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Hope not , he IS shit .
    I thought there is no way that even Neil Warnock could turn this carthorse into a footballer

but after the last week, Neil Warnock is probably the only manager that could turn him into anything resembling a Championship player

In Warnock we trust!

I occasionally watch Ligue 2 games in France trying to have a look if there are any gems coming through and the biggest difficulty that i find is that the whole league is played at a completely different pace to the championship.

I haven't watched much Belgian football but if it's anything like Ligue 2 then Fred will need time to adjust in the same way Zohore has.

Zohore hardly set the world alight last season and he started this season even worse but at least he had a full pre season and a glimpse of the level needed if he was gonna survive in the championship.

Contrary to most people on here i seen something in Fred that is worth persisting with.
    He is better in the air and his link up play and first touch looked better than Zohore's.

What let him down was his work rate was not that expected by a championship crowd (or manager)

Add to this his miss against Birmingham and he was unable to hit the ground running.

My hope is that he has observed the things that Zohore is doing and if he does get another chance we will see him put his body on the line a bit more.

I wonder if Fred was bought as a here and now while Zohore found his feet? If this is the case it has worked, just not in the way we were expecting. Although Fred may have dropped down the hierarchy a bit - do you ever wonder what may have been if he had scored against Brum away? - but he is probably on a lower wage than Lambert, is fit and still has a contribution to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    This.

Leeds are our target now (Sheff Wed will not drop enough points for us to catch them).

Leeds have Sheff Wed next weekend at 12.30pm (before our 3pm kickoff v Fulham). We could potentially be 10 points behind them after Saturday, with 36 to play for...Why not go for it?

(Personally I think we'll end up about 4 points short...unbelievable considering where we were in October)