+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison

I was very disappointed with the skipper today. Rhys Healey clearly suffered a horrible injury yet the skipper didnt even go to check on him.As the captain it would be the least i would expect him to do. Gunnars on the other hand stayed with Healy the whole time. Aaron Gunnarson is a pure class.He drives this team on,its his voice you can always hear on the pitch. Sean Morrison hold your head in shame.

Re: Sean Morrison

But harsh. Usually when you get a serious injury like a leg break or whatever, the whole team are stood around. That never happened so I assumed at the time that they didn't realise how bad an injury it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    But harsh. Usually when you get a serious injury like a leg break or whatever, the whole team are stood around. That never happened so I assumed at the time that they didn't realise how bad an injury it was.
    Gunnars was the only one who bothered

The physio quickly gestured to the side for stretcher and oxygen,Healey was down a while .It was obvious to see that this was a serious injury.

Were you just on the radio?

No offence to you but i think sometimes our fans are conditioned to look for negatives.

I'm gutted for Healey but let's not start another witch hunt, I'm sure if the players realised the severity of the injury they would all have been over there.

no radio for me,just my opinion.Sat there whilst Healey was being treated and felt the skipper should be going over to check on him when it became apparent it was serious. Im not conditioned to be negative ,i just have my opinion on how a captain should conduct himself.

Having seen too many broken legs and damaged joints during my playing time, many players want to stay away from the incident / player as it's a real reminder of how fragile a career it is. Different people, different reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Having seen too many broken legs and damaged joints during my playing time, many players want to stay away from the incident / player as it's a real reminder of how fragile a career it is. Different people, different reactions.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^

I know one man who cared as he followed the stretcher part way down the tunnel he was a wearing grey coat.

Bit harsh on Morrison, however agree with you comments on Gunnar. I'd love to see him made captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    That's a great point and hopefully the answer too.
    It's not nice to see

Seems to me some people have never liked the idea of Morrison being captain and are willing to use absolutely anything to have a go at him.

I don't want to have a go at Morrison as captain, but it is a fact that Gunnar and Bamba act more like captains on the pitch.

They were the ones who were really encouraging Heeley before kick off and they are the ones who organise and shout throughout the game. Gunnar was the one who stayed with Heeley whilst he was on the grass with that terrible injury. Morrison also does the captain stuff, but he isn't a natural and it is more 'by numbers'.

Still, three captains is better than one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems to me some people have never liked the idea of Morrison being captain and are willing to use absolutely anything to have a go at him.
    Just to clarify i have no problem with Sean Morrison as captain,my preference would be Gunnars but Morrison is the skipper and i accept that. We all have different ideas as to how a captain conducts himself on the pitch,my personal opinion is that i would expect my captain to take a few seconds to walk over and check on one of his team mates who clearly has suffered a terrible injury,i take on board the point made about players not wanting to see injuries on the pitch etc they are human after all.

Let's not forget Gunnar wasn't even good enough to be in the side for much of last season and the start of this.
    He's been superb since Warnock has arrived, but no need to mess with things now.
    You've also got to consider the potential effect on Morrison of dumping him from captaincy.

We are doing OK, no need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Let's not forget Gunnar wasn't even good enough to be in the side for much of last season and the start of this.
    He's been superb since Warnock has arrived, but no need to mess with things now.
    You've also got to consider the potential effect on Morrison of dumping him from captaincy.

At last common sense views...... It now appears some of our sold called supporters are basket cases rubbishing our skipper??

My admiration for Mr Warnock increases daily,he talks so much sense and keeps it simple. He is the best signing City have made in a log time

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    Just to clarify i have no problem with Sean Morrison as captain,my preference would be Gunnars but Morrison is the skipper and i accept that. We all have different ideas as to how a captain conducts himself on the pitch,my personal opinion is that i would expect my captain to take a few seconds to walk over and check on one of his team mates who clearly has suffered a terrible injury,i take on board the point made about players not wanting to see injuries on the pitch etc they are human after all.
    Okay, sorry for the "grumpy old git" response .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Okay, sorry for the "grumpy old git" response .

Maybe he was organising things on the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Were you just on the radio?

No offence to you but i think sometimes our fans are conditioned to look for negatives.

I'm gutted for Healey but let's not start another witch hunt, I'm sure if the players realised the severity of the injury they would all have been over there.
    A total 9 posts says it all

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

My thoughts exactly .

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Maybe he was organising things on the pitch?
    Anything being organised on the pitch at the time takes a back seat to a young footballer lying on the ground with what seems a serious injury. I do want to stress once again that i have nothing personal against Sean Morrison,as a footballer or a captain,all i was saying is that i felt as the skipper he should have gone over to Rhys Healey to check on him and supported him on the pitch,what Gunnars was doing i felt that is what Morrison should have done.

Who was to blame for the first fulham goal today, surely the captain has to organise the defence for all free kicks. When Noone took his why wasnt Richards behind him alongside Connolly and Gunnerson with Ralls on the edge of the box.

The players all respect Morrison as a player, and a man, and that's what really matters.