+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rotherham

Rotherham

Probably the worst (non-City) performance I've seen this season. We were good but they were awful

Re: Rotherham

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Probably the worst (non-City) performance I've seen this season. We were good but they were awful
    Agreed.
    We were hoping they didn't fluke a consolation goal, 'cos they didn't deserve one.

Awful - and worse I can't see Bristol City finishing below them as I'd hoped (will just have to settle for second bottom)

Yes they were very bad, not just one player, the whole bunch.

They were poor, thankfully we took full advantage. Six months ago we would have huffed and puffed for an hour before running out of ideas, then they would have scored on the break.

Even the ref started taking pity on them, it looked like he was trying to keep the score down at the end!

First time for a while I've felt genuinely sorry for the opposition fans

Even the ref started taking pity on them, it looked like he was trying to keep the score down at the end!

I thought so too.

When Ken bullied the last defender off the ball when it was 5 - 0 and was going to be 1 on 1 with the keeper the ref blew up for an imagined foul. There were 3 or 4 similar calls in the last 15 minutes. They definitely looked like 'sympathy' decisions.

Those fans who applauded the Neil Warnock chant?

I thought they were commendable

Here's one Rotherham fan who agrees with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJTa1oO9mCs

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Awful - and worse I can't see Bristol City finishing below them as I'd hoped (will just have to settle for second bottom)
    Was praying for Wigan to get a winner against Preston yesterday.
    That would have roped Bristol City further back but not to be.

I hope the jammy b'stards don't escape purely because teams below them cant get a result.
    I would like to see them in Division 1

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I thought so too.

When Ken bullied the last defender off the ball when it was 5 - 0 and was going to be 1 on 1 with the keeper the ref blew up for an imagined foul. There were 3 or 4 similar calls in the last 15 minutes. They definitely looked like 'sympathy' decisions.
    That's exactly how I saw it, used the word sympathy to my mate with regards to the Kenny Zahore decision.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    That's exactly how I saw it, used the word sympathy to my mate with regards to the Kenny Zahore decision.
    I thought the referee was very harsh on Zohore throughout the ninety minutes and, to be fair, Rotherham caused us a few problems at the back while it was 0-0 and 1-0.

The only time I felt a bit of sympathy for opposition fans was Norwich when we were 2-0 up after 20 minutes and I thought we were going to hammer them. They won 2-4, goes without saying Cameron Jerome scored. Have some sympathy for the Bristol fans, but that's more of a humanitarian thing.

Same here.
    Spedger

There seemed to be a lot less baiting of the away fans yesterday than you might expect with a 5-0 win. Didn't see many Cheerios or anything like that.

Remarkably in the Sunday Mirror it has Rotherham having 52% possesion, i appreciate im blinkered what i see on the pitch but surely we had more of the ball than them.

Reading were worse. They were one of the least technically gifted teams i have witnessed. Endlessly passing it around the back four.

I wouldn't get paid to watch that garbage again.

And they are fourth.