+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff now getting it right at both ends of the pitch only reemphasises the dilemma facing club’s money men.

Cardiff now getting it right at both ends of the pitch only reemphasises the dilemma facing club’s money men.

Re: Cardiff now getting it right at both ends of the pitch only reemphasises the dilemma facing club’s money men.

Another enjoyable read. Cheers Paul.

Perhaps Mr Tan could postpone the next 8 million debt write off and give Neil the funds instead. That would be preferable to say selling Zohore or Harris who have the potential to take us to the next level and thrive.

Re: Cardiff now getting it right at both ends of the pitch only reemphasises the dilemma facing club’s money men.

The most important thing is the club being run sensibly and within its means.
    Its staggering the attacks on the club by certain fans saying Warnock has got us to where we are with no backing which of course is completely untrue.
    We are progressing well and have a group of players who are not far off a side capable of getting to the play offs.
    However if we cant throw the immediate amount of money Warnock wants at a gamble of promotion then so be it. Im sure the money men will do all they can to back our manager but it might not be enough.
    Last season of parachute payments next season. If we spent big and failed to go up we could really be in the sh!t.
    Warnock has been brilliant for the club. I just hope he thinks he can take us up with what is available. Maybe this current group can show him we dont need as much as he might have first thought.
    Its a pity Warnock is 68. If he was 10 years younger Im convinced he would sign a long term deal. Its just he wants promotion now whereas our club needs to build its way back up.

Another good write up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The most important thing is the club being run sensibly and within its means.
    Its staggering the attacks on the club by certain fans saying Warnock has got us to where we are with no backing which of course is completely untrue.
    We are progressing well and have a group of players who are not far off a side capable of getting to the play offs.
    However if we cant throw the immediate amount of money Warnock wants at a gamble of promotion then so be it. Im sure the money men will do all they can to back our manager but it might not be enough.

Last season of parachute payments next season. If we spent big and failed to go up we could really be in the sh!t.
    Warnock has been brilliant for the club. I just hope he thinks he can take us up with what is available. Maybe this current group can show him we dont need as much as he might have first thought.
    Its a pity Warnock is 68. If he was 10 years younger Im convinced he would sign a long term deal. Its just he wants promotion now whereas our club needs to build its way back up.

Another good write up.
    If Warnock walks away we are back to square one unfortunately. Considering the amount of the debt, an additional 6 million spent on the new players he requires is small potatoes in the scheme of things. Football is a gamble, we were looking at league one before he arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    If Warnock walks away we are back to square one unfortunately. Considering the amount of the debt, an additional 6 million spent on the new players he requires is small potatoes in the scheme of things. Football is a gamble, we were looking at league one before he arrived.
    We have players who believe in themselves again and a style in which we are happier in than any manager going back to Malky - not square one. I look at teams like Huddersfield, Leeds, Barnsley and Preston (all teams above us) and I would much prefer the smart gamble over the "football is all about debt anyway" gamble that we have tried in our past.

My enthusiasm for our recent results has been tempered by the injury to young Mr Healey . I get as much satisfaction seeing a player develop as getting a good result ( well almost)
    I had started to believe we didn't have the quality amongst the ranks to progress in this league , I hadn't felt like that for years , poor management since Malkies days was the main reason for our demise in my opinion, certainly not the quality of player available to the subsequent managers .
    Warnock has proved to me that man management is incredibly important in a football team , yes tactics are a big part of the modern game , but squeezing that extra 10% and more from each individual is way more important at this level.
    I remember you doing an article saying the manager can only improve the team marginally , I believe Warnock proves that the manager can improve the team immeasurably with the re emergence of Gunnerson and Noone, the development of Zohore and Harris , all players who looked either finished or lacking the basic abilitys to play at this level . Seeing Healey starting and Harris M getting his name on the team sheet fills me with hope for the other youngsters who are being schooled by Mr Bellamy in a footballing philosophy rather than a results game.
    Hopefully MrTan still has a vision of a premier league Cardiff and will give Warnock the money required.
    There are other good managers out there if Tan doesn't share the vision though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Excellent write up. Thanks Paul. One of the highlights of my Sunday reading your reflections while I'm laying by the pool after a good workout on a hot Kampala Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We have players who believe in themselves again and a style in which we are happier in than any manager going back to Malky - not square one. I look at teams like Huddersfield,
    Leeds, Barnsley and Preston (all teams above us) and I would much prefer the smart gamble over the "football is all about debt anyway" gamble that we have tried in our past.
    But what happens to that confidence if we revert to a Slade or Trollope type. We all agree the transformation under Warnock has been amazing, back the guy and we will reap the rewards without breaking the bank of Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    My enthusiasm for our recent results has been tempered by the injury to young Mr Healey . I get as much satisfaction seeing a player develop as getting a good result ( well almost)
    I had started to believe we didn't have the quality amongst the ranks to progress in this league , I hadn't felt like that for years , poor management since Malkies days was the main reason for our demise in my opinion, certainly not the quality of player available to the subsequent managers .
    Warnock has proved to me that man management is incredibly important in a football team , yes tactics are a big part of the modern game , but squeezing that extra 10% and more from each individual is way more important at this level.
    I remember you doing an article saying the manager can only improve the team marginally , I believe Warnock proves that the manager can improve the team immeasurably with the re emergence of Gunnerson and Noone, the development of Zohore and Harris , all players who looked either finished or lacking the basic abilitys to play at this level . Seeing Healey starting and Harris M getting his name on the team sheet fills me with hope for the other youngsters who are being schooled by Mr Bellamy in a footballing philosophy rather than a results game.
    Hopefully MrTan still has a vision of a premier league Cardiff and will give Warnock the money required.
    There are other good managers out there if Tan doesn't share the vision though.
    Yep, certainly got that one wrong didn't I .

Another good write up -thanks.

Zohore looks the proverbial 'handfull' when it comes to opposing defenders. Rotherham were quite physical without being dirty, yet Zohore seemed to thrive.
    I posted a couple of months ago on how Warnock seems to have a knack of creating chances without endless periods of passing. When we get up to the other side's area we invariably have an idea of what 'play' we are going to make, and I think it shows when the likes of Gunnarson and Ralls had relatively quiet games yesterday even though we had the lions share of possession...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Another good write up -thanks.

Zohore looks the proverbial 'handfull' when it comes to opposing defenders. Rotherham were quite physical without being dirty, yet Zohore seemed to thrive.
    I posted a couple of months ago on how Warnock seems to have a knack of creating chances without endless periods of passing. When we get up to the other side's area we invariably have an idea of what 'play' we are going to make, and I think it shows when the likes of Gunnarson and Ralls had relatively quiet games yesterday even though we had the lions share of possession...

Rotherham had more possession than us yesterday, 52% v 48%