+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Your club needs you!

Your club needs you!

During Warnock's appearance on GOS yesterday which I found great viewing our manager mentioned he was meeting our chairman today to discuss the way ahead around budgets and ffp etc. Time will tell as to how successful or not this meeting will be.

However, as a fan base we too can have an influence on whether or not Warnock will still be at the help next season. Not only in the obvious way by renewing season tickets etc to improve our income streams but also in a much more subtle way.

At the end of his post match interview on Cardiff City Player against Rotherham, Warnock made mention that his wife Sharon will be in attendance for the Fulham game on Saturday so he best get a result! As she continues her road to recovery from cancer and has been so supportive of Neil taking the job here, I am sure our manager for one would be heartened to hear the Canton singing there's only one Sharon Warnock as much as he was to hear his own name sang on Saturday.

A few years back I always remember listening to an interview Peter Thorne gave along the lines of he couldn't believe his ears on making his way to our playoff final v QPR where our fans were singing his wife's name (Emma) Thorne is magic, she wears a magic hat song in the build up to the match. He commented that our fans were special and that memory would stick with him for the rest of his life.

So let's all play our part Saturday!

Blue in the Face

Re: Your club needs you!

Brilliant post

Nice thought.
    Would be great if everyone gets on board.

Good post.

It was nice to hear our fans singing about NW at the Rotherham game, it sounded like ALL parts of the ground got involved which is unusual.
    The dark clouds look like they could be lifting.

All we need now is the "yes" from our Vinny

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Good post.

It was nice to hear our fans singing about NW at the Rotherham game, it sounded like ALL parts of the ground got involved which is unusual.
    The dark clouds look like they could be lifting.

All we need now is the "yes" from our Vinny

A YA would be lovely

Great idea

Blue in the Face

Anyone post on the other board? It would be worth chucking this OP on there too (if it isn't already)

I love the OP. I'm rather sad about the number of people I know who said they'd be back as
    soon as we played in Blue again but are nowhere to be seen still.
    Just goes to show you can never tell who the REAL diehard fans are.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    During Warnock's appearance on GOS yesterday which I found great viewing our manager mentioned he was meeting our chairman today to discuss the way ahead around budgets and ffp etc. Time will tell as to how successful or not this meeting will be.

However, as a fan base we too can have an influence on whether or not Warnock will still be at the help next season. Not only in the obvious way by renewing season tickets etc to improve our income streams but also in a much more subtle way.

At the end of his post match interview on Cardiff City Player against Rotherham, Warnock made mention that his wife Sharon will be in attendance for the Fulham game on Saturday so he best get a result! As she continues her road to recovery from cancer and has been so supportive of Neil taking the job here, I am sure our manager for one would be heartened to hear the Canton singing there's only one Sharon Warnock as much as he was to hear his own name sang on Saturday.

A few years back I always remember listening to an interview Peter Thorne gave along the lines of he couldn't believe his ears on making his way to our playoff final v QPR where our fans were singing his wife's name (Emma) Thorne is magic, she wears a magic hat song in the build up to the match. He commented that our fans were special and that memory would stick with him for the rest of his life.

So let's all play our part Saturday!

This needs bumping, as in as much there "is only one Neil Warnock", I do not think for one minute he would be here if it was not for his wonderful wife Sharon.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I love the OP. I'm rather sad about the number of people I know who said they'd be back as

Some are

Or some were so affected by Tan's actions they cannot forgive him, even still? I'm not one of them but I empathise with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Or some were so affected by Tan's actions they cannot forgive him, even still? I'm not one of them but I empathise with them.
    I don't.

The majority of the same fans then used Slades boring football as an excuse.

There's not many like Spider-Man that actually were honest to their principles.

someone should tell the stewards our club needs us. no doubt their power trip will be to stop people standing up in the ninian .

That's sweet.

Bump. My nephew sits/stands at the back of the Canton and is going to attempt to get this going in the 27th min. Let's do it guys!

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Bump. My nephew sits/stands at the back of the Canton and is going to attempt to get this going in the 27th min. Let's do it guys!
    I'm in the canton, won't be joining in as sounds a bit gay to be honest.

Do I remember some sort of fund for flowers to be delivered to one manager's wife? Potentially Raneiri's? I like the idea in the OP - meaningful without being overly cringey.

Did this happen?