+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leicester City complain about their visit to Millwall

Leicester City complain about their visit to Millwall

Re: Leicester City complain about their visit to Millwall

Looks like they could be making their second visit of the year to The New Den by December!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Looks like they could be making their second visit of the year to The New Den by December!!
    Yes they look like they're for the drop and Millwall look good for at least the play offs

They don't hand out those happy clapper thingies at Millwall.

Priceless one year of fame.

I don't know what the details of the complaints are, and I never like to see people running onto the pitch in the direction of the opposition supporters or club representatives, but this complaint includes before the match and it's so rare for pre-match interaction to be overly confrontational that I am wary about at least some of this complaint. You're an away player, the home supporters are meant to make you feel a little intimidated and generally uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    They don't hand out those happy clapper thingies at Millwall.
    Baloo, we are kindred spirits. I hate Leicester because of those ****ing things. I can see their fans sitting with blankets over their knees to keep them warm as they bash those stupid things to death as they win the premier league.
    The blanket wearing ,happy clapper wankers will be back at the bowls next season on a Saturday.

Millwall fans are out on their own though.
    One of our fans fell from the second tier grandstand (where we were put for our safety, or the Millwall fans I was never quite sure)
    The Cardiff lad had jumped up onto the wall, arms spread wide in that age old football pose, singing to the opposing fans whatever song we were singing and he disappeared over the edge , probably a 30 or 40 foot drop. Now I dont usually do drama , but I thought he is going to be ****ed right up if not dead landing on the seats below.
    The Millwall fans broke into a chorus of "she fell over"
    Different breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Baloo, we are kindred spirits. I hate Leicester because of those ****ing things. I can see their fans sitting with blankets over their knees to keep them warm as they bash those stupid things to death as they win the premier league.
    The blanket wearing ,happy clapper wankers will be back at the bowls next season on a Saturday.
    Blackburn fans were the same when they won the Premiership, they spent the game swathed in blankets too

I don't have too much of an issue with "new fans", we've all been new fans at some point, but I still cringe when I remember interviews with the crowd outside their ground when they clinched the title, half the feckers they interviewed were outside the stadium partying despite never having set foot inside the stadium, for others who'd managed to attend tickets for their title celebration match it woudl be their first live football match. Ever.

I have family who live in Leicester, so I do feel a slight affinity to them to be fair, but you're right, when they come back down, half the ground will be empty. A bit like the CCS was tbf

I guess supporters raised the complaints when returning home so Leicester would not have been aware of the full extent of the complaints on the same day so it's a bit of a poor response by Millwall

Millwall fans are out on their own though.
    One of our fans fell from the second tier grandstand (where we were put for our safety, or the Millwall fans I was never quite sure)
    The Cardiff lad had jumped up onto the wall, arms spread wide in that age old football pose, singing to the opposing fans whatever song we were singing and he disappeared over the edge , probably a 30 or 40 foot drop. Now I dont usually do drama , but I thought he is going to be ****ed right up if not dead landing on the seats below.
    The Millwall fans broke into a chorus of "she fell over"
    Different breed.
    What a trip that was, that bloke is lucky to be alive, i'm sure a City fan had his face cut with a house key in the car park after the game... by another City fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    What a trip that was, that bloke is lucky to be alive, i'm sure a City fan had his face cut with a house key in the car park after the game... by another City fan.
    Opened him up, did he?

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post

Well he would be by another City fan, being as we were all in the same car park.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Well he would be by another City fan, being as we were all in the same car park.
    Warra knob'ed

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Opened him up, did he?
    Shut it Chubbs

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Opened him up, did he?
    Probably been on the Yale all day!!