+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock thinks journalists are in 'cuckoo land'

Warnock thinks journalists are in 'cuckoo land'

Boss gives thoughts on play off race.

Speaking on Sky TV's Goals On Sunday Neil Warnock gave his views on the play off race as Cardiff seem to be just a little too far off the pace, despite winning the last three games.

"They [journalists] asked me yesterday and they are in cuckoo land I think," the Cardiff manager said. "We are 13 points adrift and we have just won three on the trot. We only have to win 13 more in a row!

"The thing is it's not just Cardiff doing well, we have to go on another run and other teams have to lose.

C:WindowsTempphp4B75.tmp

"Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds and Reading need to have a major slip-up and then Norwich are only seven points adrift so they need to as well. That many things need to happen. We just have to try to win every game.

"I think it will be a good play-off battle. They all have different attributes. Reading have a problem because their pitch is a disgrace and they play passing football so that doesn't help them.

"Leeds have the fans, and Wednesday have the passion and Fernando Forestieri, who is on fire.

"Huddersfield have a great team ethic. It does look as if it will be those four for me, although I am sure Norwich will have something to say about that.

"Brighton have built the club in the correct way, they have improved every year, even last year when they missed out they got over it.

"I think they are the best team in the league. Newcastle have the best squad but Brighton are the best team.

"We want to try and get higher, that is the next step. Yesterday's [Saturday's] win put us in the pack again."

Warnock, who joined Cardiff in October on a short-term deal until the end of the season, says he plans to hold talks over his future on Monday.

"I am seeing Mehmet [Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman] tomorrow and having a chat about everything," Warnock said.

"I said when I came a few months ago that I don't want to stay if we are not going to go for promotion, or just to pick my money up.

"I am at an age where I want to have a carrot and go for the eighth promotion. I am not bothered about having a lot of money.

"Four clubs on Deadline Day paid £12m for a player, I am looking for half of that, for four players! We are talking and we are on the same wavelength.

"It's just how will we get those four players in with this FFP [Financial Fair Play] thing and when we haven't got that many lads out of contract in the summer.

"They are working out how we can do things. It's a great place, but the stage I am at I don't just want to manage football, I want to have a go."

Re: Warnock thinks journalists are in 'cuckoo land'

Is he ever going to have that bloody conversation, it's always 'next' Monday

No ambition whatsoever.

The sooner he's out of this Club, the better.

Norwich are 7 points off but Fulham could only be 3 points off if they win their games in hand.

We aren't going to the play-offs this season. I'd much rather start to build for next season as soon as we have 50 points.