+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bluebirds of happiness

Bluebirds of happiness

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...g-3587178.aspx

City favourite pleased to see smiles on supporters' faces...

Sol Bamba has commended Cardiff City fans after helping the Bluebirds to three impressive consecutive wins against Derby County, Leeds United and Rotherham United.

City have picked up nine points from a possible nine in the last week, scoring eleven goals in the process.

And the Ivory Coast international – who’s made nineteen appearances for the Club since joining back in October - is delighted to be rewarding the Bluebirds’ faithful for their continued support.

“I think winning football matches makes everyone happy and gets the place buzzing,” said Sol.

“It was a difficult start to the season I think, but at the minute, when we win games, it brings happiness and that’s what we aim to do.

“We always have a great group of fans; the Club has always had a good fan base and hopefully that can continue. It’s up to us though and what we do on the pitch.

“The Manager has made it very easy for us [as players] because he’s straightforward and he says it how it is. We know what we have to do and how to get a result.

“When you enjoy your football and play with confidence you win games - and that’s what we’re doing at the minute.”

With thirteen games left of the season, Bamba & Co. will be determined to continue this marvelous run of form and finish the campaign with a flourish.

City host Fulham at Cardiff City Stadium this coming Saturday, before two away trips to Queens Park Rangers and Blackburn Rovers. Tickets for each of these fixtures are available HERE

Re: Bluebirds of happiness

I thought it was going to be a thread about the fanzine . I used to love fanzines, you could read whole articles without the need for adblock

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I thought it was going to be a thread about the fanzine . I used to love fanzines, you could read whole articles without the need for adblock
    I thought the same.
    Ah remember that, seems like decades ago since I last saw them being sold.
    Wonder if they are still being published

I usedd to like "the thin blue line", but I think it stopped when we moved into the CS.

Shame, it would have contained some good articles durin the rebrand fiasco.

The fanzine heyday was during the Rick Wright years. City had quite a few. TTBL, Bobbing along, O Bluebird of happiness, the Bluebird Jones specials and there may have been more. Happy days.

Without advertising, we maybe playing in puddles like the Cwnty or relying on keepers eating pies in the dug out

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Without advertising, we maybe playing in puddles like the Cwnty or relying on keepers eating pies in the dug out
    Blimey, I didn't know that this site had such an influence over the whole club.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    Blimey, I didn't know that this site had such an influence over the whole club.
    Indeed ,keep up

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I thought the same.
    Ah remember that, seems like decades ago since I last saw them being sold.
    Wonder if they are still being published
    There's one fanzine on sale outside gate 5 before most matches. I don't know if it is one of the old ones still going or a new one.

Feedback

One of the best tunes by mojave 3 NQAT

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    And without infecting your brand new laptop with malware. I only view this site from an old laptop now. Poor show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    The fanzine heyday was during the Rick Wright years. City had quite a few. TTBL, Bobbing along, O Bluebird of happiness, the Bluebird Jones specials and there may have been more. Happy days.
    Intifada was another one.

Bluebird Jones was immense. Can still view those online.

Feedback

Watch the bluebirds fly
    Intifada
    Bluebird Jones (comic not fanzine but brilliant)