Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sutton Reserve keeper nonsense

Re: The Sutton Reserve keeper nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Did the sun payout?
    Good question!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Do you think him eating a pasty compromises the game of football in this country (that should be the FA's concern). Ironically Matt Le Tissier was at the game, someone who has admitted taking part in spot fixing and who didn't lose didn't anything as a result.

I like a bet, I hate match fixers, this is a charade.
    Yes of course, it clearly highlights the link between sports books and those involved. This is a parody and an extreme and as you said a previous known high profile player who has as much admitted to doing similar yet still enjoys the bankroll from the product.

Its a massive fix, sorry but its true. The influence and the money is too big, and drugs, corruption and betting influence the biggest teams, leagues, cups, and players.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Did the sun payout?
    YES
    The papers say they claim to have paid out a five figure sum in total. So that might be 880.82p

A five figure sum would mean £10,000 plus I would have thought

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    YES
    The papers say they claim to have paid out a five figure sum in total. So that might be 880.82p
    That doesn't count as 5 figures you doughnut 😂

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He most probably had a pony on it.
    More like the pie had a pony in it 🐴

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    A five figure sum would mean £10,000 plus I would have thought
    In terms of publicity, the bargain of the century.

Do you think him eating a pasty compromises the game of football in this country (that should be the FA's concern). Ironically Matt Le Tissier was at the game, someone who has admitted taking part in spot fixing and who didn't lose didn't anything as a result.

Strange that someone with your politics is backing what is, effectively, insider trading.

What he did was technically spot fixing though? He shouldn't have eaten the pasty and if he's taken money from the S*n to eat it, he's done.

If I was a Sutton fan I'd be peeved that an amazing cup run is now completely overshadowed by him.

And I mean that metaphorically.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If I was a Sutton fan I'd be peeved that an amazing cup run is now completely overshadowed by him.

And I mean that metaphorically.
    If I was the manager or players I'd be more than peeved!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Strange that someone with your politics is backing what is, effectively, insider trading.
    This was set up by Sun Bets so can hardly be described as insider trading. They offered relatively low odds & limited the amount that anyone could bet so in my mind knew exactly what was going to happen. They say that they paid out a 5 figure sum, a small outlay when you consider how much publicity they have gained, both on prime time television & the subsequent press coverage. Shaw was naive for getting sucked into this but in my view has been treated very harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    This was set up by Sun Bets so can hardly be described as insider trading. They offered relatively low odds & limited the amount that anyone could bet so in my mind knew exactly what was going to happen. They say that they paid out a 5 figure sum, a small outlay when you consider how much publicity they have gained, both on prime time television & the subsequent press coverage. Shaw was naive for getting sucked into this but in my view has been treated very harshly.
    If 8/1 is relatively low odds, you're a better gambler than me!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If 8/1 is relatively low odds, you're a better gambler than me!

The odds are low when you compare it to the chances of it actually happening under normal circumstances. Since football has been in existence how many times have you come across a substitute eating a pie whilst in the dug out?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    What he did was technically spot fixing though? He shouldn't have eaten the pasty and if he's taken money from the S*n to eat it, he's done.
    C5Vp-C_WcAEiNPk.jpg

Someone needs to have a word with him and tell him to just stop.

What we have here is a situation where a club, and its players are subjected to a whole lots of pressure that the club and its players are not used to.

We have a club that is running on next to no money, suddenly getting sponsorship offers from companies for one game that would dwarf what they make for an entire year. Then you have players that would have no media training, and in fact no experience of handling the media, suddenly thrust into the spotlight.

You cant blame the club for taking the money, they need that money, they are running from season to season not knowing whether they will survive the next. However with these offers may come the companies trying to take advantage of players ignorance in these areas to increase publicity for its product.

What we have here is an individual and a club being taken advantage of. In my opinion when a situation like this happens in the cup the FA should provide help and support in helping the club make the most from a fixture, without this situation arising. The FA shouldn't simply sit back and then go all guns blazing against an individual who simply made a honest mistake.

Surely his biggest mistake was admitting he was aware of the bet?

All he had to say was 'somebody dared me to eat a pie during the game, I had no idea about any bet' and he's in the clear.

Obviously everyone would know he's probably lying but who cares? If there's no proof then the story soon blows over and the papers move on to their next headline.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    C5Vp-C_WcAEiNPk.jpg

Someone needs to have a word with him and tell him to just stop.
    Eating?

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    What we have here is a situation where a club, and its players are subjected to a whole lots of pressure that the club and its players are not used to.

We have a club that is running on next to no money, suddenly getting sponsorship offers from companies for one game that would dwarf what they make for an entire year. Then you have players that would have no media training, and in fact no experience of handling the media, suddenly thrust into the spotlight.

You cant blame the club for taking the money, they need that money, they are running from season to season not knowing whether they will survive the next. However with these offers may come the companies trying to take advantage of players ignorance in these areas to increase publicity for its product.

What we have here is an individual and a club being taken advantage of. In my opinion when a situation like this happens in the cup the FA should provide help and support in helping the club make the most from a fixture, without this situation arising. The FA shouldn't simply sit back and then go all guns blazing against an individual who simply made a honest mistake.
    Sensible, sadly as parliament has just admitted the FA isn't fit to tie its own shoelaces and the less said about FIFA the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Eating?

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post

Yep, this is basically the sun taking the piss out of the fat kid.
    If he has a history of eating on the touchline he may get away with it, if its a one off, in the biggest game he will ever be involved in the he has been really fekin stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    He admitted himself that he told friends to get money on a certain event happening and they'd be quids in - isn't that what insider trading is?

He admitted himself that he told friends to get money on a certain event happening and they'd be quids in - isn't that what insider trading is?
    Insider trading relates to stock market trading whereby you have gained an advantage via having access to confidential price sensitive information.

Sorry but what kind of twat bets on someone eating a pie? If a bookie loses money from putting up a stupid market then so be it.

Was there even a 'no' side available?

So much dodgy shit goes on in football and THIS is what we go after? Some nobody from Sutton?
    Last edited by Eric Cartman; 23-02-17 at 12:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Surely his biggest mistake was admitting he was aware of the bet?

All he had to say was 'somebody dared me to eat a pie during the game, I had no idea about any bet' and he's in the clear.

Obviously everyone would know he's probably lying but who cares? If there's no proof then the story soon blows over and the papers move on to their next headline.
    Yep. Dumbest move he made.