+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sutton Reserve keeper nonsense

The Sutton Reserve keeper nonsense

This really is the most ridiculous load of bollocks I have ever read.

A lawyer has suggested it is as serious as spot fixing. COMPLETE RUBBISH.

The whole market was a publicity stunt by Sun Bet that had nothing to do with football at all.

Once they had decided to offer bets on whether the reserve keeper ate a pie or not the keeper had no chance to avoid trouble.

If he ate a pie he influenced the market....if he didn't eat a pie he influenced the market.

If he is at fault then he had no chance to avoid trouble.

The FA are now investigating well good luck to them.
    If The keeper has a lawyer with an ounce of intelligence he will be receiving an apology.

The only way he might have been at fault would be if he had eaten it before he knew he had no chance of playing any part in the game. that would would just have been unprofessional.

Re: The Sutton Reserve keeper nonsense

Agree with this. Stupid market leads to a stupid outcome and pointless shitstorm.

Funny how it's okay for The Scum to take the piss out of someone's weight by putting on such a bet in the first place.

I think the sun should be the ones investigated. And the paper reported it this morning blaming it all on him!

Once he knew about the bet he was going to influence the outcome whatever happened surely.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

The whole market was a publicity stunt by Sun Bet that had nothing to do with football at all.

Once they had decided to offer bets on whether the reserve keeper ate a pie or not the keeper had no chance to avoid trouble.

If he ate a pie he influenced the market....if he didn't eat a pie he influenced the market.

If The keeper has a lawyer with an ounce of intelligence he will be receiving an apology.

The only way he might have been at fault would be if he had eaten it before he knew he had no chance of playing any part in the game. that would would just have been unprofessional.
    His lawyer is from Peters & Clarks, best in the business.

His lawyer is from Phatkhunt, Peters & Clarks, best firm in the business.

The BBC cameraman was obviously tipped off, wasn't he. Hell of a coincidence that he popped up on screen when the pasty was popped in.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The BBC cameraman was obviously tipped off, wasn't he. Hell of a coincidence that he popped up on screen when the pasty was popped in.

He most probably had a pony on it.

Got to say the keeper was as stupid as they come. He knew about the bet so why eat the pasty? Also Sutton dumped their usual advertisers to go with the scummy Sun. More fool them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Got to say the keeper was as stupid as they come. He knew about the bet so why eat the pasty? .
    You really are missing the point.

If he didn't eat a pie he influenced the market. Common sense dictates he was damned if he ate one and damned if he didn't.
    The Sun have got their publicity.

They will be offering 20/1 against Manure winning in the Liverpool environs soon to attract business.

In fact the BBC were clearly in on the act. The FA should be removing FA cup coverage rights from them now. Oh hang on that would cost the FA money.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    At a football match there isn't just one camera, there are cameras on different areas on the pitch, on the benches etc.

The guy in the studio would have noticed the guy eating the pie in on of his screens and switched to that as it's quite an interesting shot.

If he didn't eat a pie he influenced the market. Common sense dictates he was damned if he ate one and damned if he didn't.

They will be offering 20/1 against Manure winning in the Liverpool environs soon to attract business.

In fact the BBC were clearly in on the act. The FA should be removing FA cup coverage rights from them now. Oh hang on that would cost the FA money.

Not missing any point. If he didn't eat the pasty he would not have lost his job. Its that simple.

Got to say the keeper was as stupid as they come. He knew about the bet so why eat the pasty? Also Sutton dumped their usual advertisers to go with the scummy Sun. More fool them.
    Pushed up ticket prices to championship levels and then went on a witch hunt and banned fans who complained.

Personally i think all football is corrupted by gambling and drugs at all levels, this is just an obvious example. The game is now a product, the sport is secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Pushed up ticket prices to championship levels and then went on a witch hunt and banned fans who complained.

Personally i think all football is corrupted by gambling and drugs at all levels, this is just an obvious example. The game is now a product, the sport is secondary.
    Yep.

Not missing any point. If he didn't eat the pasty he would not have lost his job. Its that simple.
    Exactly, eating a pie or putting the ball out for corner, i don't see a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Exactly, eating a pie or putting the ball out for corner, i don't see a difference.
    One is directly influencing a football match. The other is akin to betting on the colour of Jim White's tie on Transfer Deadline Day (which is a market that was offered by certain bookmakers).

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    One is directly influencing a football match. The other is akin to betting on the colour of Jim White's tie on Transfer Deadline Day (which is a market that was offered by certain bookmakers).
    Either way he is influencing the betting markets by scoffing the pasty and thats not his job as a semi pro footballer. He should have ignored the bet and kept his mouth shut.....literally. He would have then been exempt from being criticised.

Does that sentence not make you see how stupid this all is?

Either way he is influencing the betting markets by scoffing the pasty and thats not his job as a semi pro footballer. He should have ignored the bet and kept his mouth shut.....literally. He would have then been exempt from being criticised.
    What if he was hungry? If I make a betting market saying 'what time will pearcey next have a shit?', would you be obliged to hold it in until you die?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Does that sentence not make you see how stupid this all is?
    If money wasn't involved I would agree. We laughed when we saw him eating tbe pasty but mate money was involved here.

What if he was hungry? If I make a betting market saying 'what time will pearcey next have a shit?', would you be obliged to hold it in until you die?

He didn't need to eat a pasty Eric. I think thats pretty obvious.

He didn't need to eat a pasty Eric. I think thats pretty obvious.
    Do you think him eating a pasty compromises the game of football in this country (that should be the FA's concern). Ironically Matt Le Tissier was at the game, someone who has admitted taking part in spot fixing and who didn't lose didn't anything as a result.

I like a bet, I hate match fixers, this is a charade.

Do you think him eating a pasty compromises the game of football in this country (that should be the FA's concern). Ironically Matt Le Tissier was at the game, someone who has admitted taking part in spot fixing and who didn't lose didn't anything as a result.

I like a bet, I hate match fixers, this is a charade.

No it doesn't compromise football in this country but a player getting mixed up in betting where money changes his hands is a no no. As for Le Tissier he should have been punished.

There's more than one camera

Did the sun payout?