+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George Soros

George Soros

Why does he, out of all the billionaires out there, attract such dislike from the right wing?

Re: George Soros

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Why does he, out of all the billionaires out there, attract such dislike from the right wing?
    Don't tell me you are a fan of his? You must also be delighted that Skippy Podesta is going to be working for the Washington Post.

Does he have fans? I wouldn't describe myself as one, just find it amusing the number of conspiracies he's supposedly at the heart of.
    Why that guy? Why did he find himself on their radar?

The terms right wing and left wing no longer have any meaning. Soros is hated by the anti-globalists. Why do you call anti-globalists right wing? In general, anti-globalists want to protect worker's rights and conditions, they are against big business moving millions of people around the globe to undercut wages and they are against free trade which is really about moving jobs to cheaper countries. What is right wing about all that?

Soros is hated more than other oligarchs because he had not tried to hide his agenda. He has come out into the open and declared war on us.

Does he have fans? I wouldn't describe myself as one, just find it amusing the number of conspiracies he's supposedly at the heart of.
    Why that guy? Why did he find himself on their radar?
    Possibly due to the leaked OSF documents?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    The terms right wing and left wing no longer have any meaning. Soros is hated by the anti-globalists. Why do you call anti-globalists right wing? In general, anti-globalists want to protect worker's rights and conditions, they are against big business moving millions of people around the globe to undercut wages and they are against free trade which is really about moving jobs to cheaper countries. What is right wing about all that?

Soros is hated more than other oligarchs because he had not tried to hide his agenda. He has come out into the open and declared war on us.
    Right wing and left wing has only ever been about the illusion of choice. That's why they poop their pants everytime a Corbyn or Trump type figure comes along.

The websites I have seen that seem to hold a special dislike for Soros are quite overtly right wing in nature.

The anti globalism movement seems to be a bit of a Trojan horse to get some left leaning people to push a clearly right wing agenda.

What have the anti globalists achieved so far- they have installed the most right wing governments in living memory in both the USA and UK, with further elections to follow.
    Set events into motion that WILL mostly hurt the poorest people in society.
    Pandered to right wing nationalism and been cheered on by the clearly right wing elements in the media.

Anyone who thinks that this isn't right wing is either very naive or being disingenuous.

As for Soros, what specifically has he done to "declare war on us"

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Whether he is right or left wing is irrelevant - he is disliked (I think) because he can affect change.

He has enough influence , like Warren Buffett that what he says or what he tries to predict can spook the market as other investors sometimes follow his every word.

Soros if I remember realised there was a flaw in the money market and exploited it to the detriment to the UK, which at the time meant we came out of the ERM, whether we should have been in it or not in the first place is a different debate
    He can pay to effect change, and he does it through the OSF. He was working hand in hand with Clinton and Obama, operating as a shadow government.

The websites I have seen that seem to hold a special dislike for Soros are quite overtly right wing in nature.

The anti globalism movement seems to be a bit of a Trojan horse to get some left leaning people to push a clearly right wing agenda.

What have the anti globalists achieved so far- they have installed the most right wing governments in living memory in both the USA and UK, with further elections to follow.
    Pandered to right wing nationalism and been cheered on by the clearly right wing elements in the media.

Anyone who thinks that this isn't right wing is either very naive or being disingenuous.

Many democrats voted for Trump, i.e. anti-globalism. You make me laughter sometimes, the pro-globalist websites and news organisations ARE FINANCED by Soros and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He can pay to effect change, and he does it through the OSF. He was working hand in hand with Clinton and Obama, operating as a shadow government.
    What do you mean by operating as a shadow government? Lobbying?

What do you mean by operating as a shadow government? Lobbying?
    Doing the stuff that governments can't be seen to be doing. Things have now changed somewhat, as Soros no longer has his man/woman in the Whitehouse. And it probably hasn't escaped your eagle eye that Obama is not leaving Washington, so he will probably be doing some Soros related anti-Trump/pro-globalist job in DC.

Doing the stuff that governments can't be seen to be doing. Things have now changed somewhat, as Soros no longer has his man/woman in the Whitehouse. And it probably hasn't escaped your eagle eye that Obama is not leaving Washington, so he will probably be doing some Soros related anti-Trump/pro-globalist job in DC.
    What stuff exactly?

And why wouldn't Obama do that?

What stuff exactly?
    You know, overthrowing governments and filling continents with migrants. That sort of thing.

And why wouldn't Obama do that?
    Well he would be the first ex-presisident to do so, but there again he was never a normal president.

You know, overthrowing governments and filling continents with migrants. That sort of thing.

Well he would be the first ex-presisident to do so, but there again he was never a normal president.
    Which governments has George Soros overthrown? And which migrants did he fill where with?

Which governments has George Soros overthrown? And which migrants did he fill where with?
    If you have no idea, then it is best to leave it at that

If you have no idea, then it is best to leave it at that
    As I expected, if you keep digging there is nothing concrete here, just oblique innuendo upon more oblique innuendo.

As I expected, if you keep digging there is nothing concrete here, just oblique innuendo upon more oblique innuendo.
    You can read all of the OSF documents online.

Ukraine. And Europe filled with migrants from the developing world.

Do you think that all conspiracy theories are nonsense? That rich and powerful people attained their status through benevolence, and being noble and kind?

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Ukraine. And Europe filled with migrants from the developing world.

Do you think that all conspiracy theories are nonsense? That rich and powerful people attained their status through benevolence, and being noble and kind?
    It's all going to come out through the official channels now that Trump is in control of the WH and DOJ, they have already started that process. I have been accused of being a Trump cheerleader, but some people have no idea what the Clinton Foundation was really all about. I'm not a great admirer of Trump the man, but he is the only person who can reverse the alarming things that have been going on for decades. I can only assume that the anti-Trump brigade were very keen for the Clinton administration to expand on their already hideous agenda.

If you compare Le Pen, who is called far right by the BBC, with Labour under Blair or Brown then it is clear that Left and Right don't mean anything.

Just compare Blair's policies with Le Pen's goals :

Religon (Left against, Right for)
    Blair - creates thousands of Faith Schools
    Le Pen - promotes secularism

Globalisation (Left against, Right for)
    Blair - promoted it
    Le Pen - strongly opposed

Nationalisaton (Left for, Right against)
    Blair - abolished clause 4, encouraged privatisation
    Le Pen - will nationalise banks

War (Left against, Right for)
    Blair - started illegal wars for own gain
    Le Pen - France to mind its own business

If you compare Le Pen, who is called far right by the BBC, with Labour under Blair or Brown then it is clear that Left and Right don't mean anything.

Just compare Blair's policies with Le Pen's goals :

Religon (Left against, Right for)
    Blair - creates thousands of Faith Schools
    Le Pen - promotes secularism

Globalisation (Left against, Right for)
    Blair - promoted it
    Le Pen - strongly opposed

Nationalisaton (Left for, Right against)
    Blair - abolished clause 4, encouraged privatisation
    Le Pen - will nationalise banks

War (Left against, Right for)
    Blair - started illegal wars for own gain
    Le Pen - France to mind its own business
    It reminds me of the Fabian Society's founding motto, "A wolf in sheep's clothing"