+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thrice weekly laugh at the Wurzels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: My thrice weekly laugh at the Wurzels

I was under the impression that Bristol City = Total Football so that can't be right as all of the key stats are in Fulham's favour .

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I was under the impression that Bristol City = Total Football so that can't be right as all of the key stats are in Fulham's favour .
    I just had a look at this and it could honestly have been 2-7 to Fulham and that is being generous to the Wurzles

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...ity-0-2-fulham

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Can you even get a Europa League spot in the Conference?

"We'll give it a right good go, that's for sure," said Johnson

I can only read that in pure Wurzel

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    "We'll give it a right good go, that's for sure," said Johnson

I can only read that in pure Wurzel

"Lansdown, who also has stakes in local clubs from other sports, including Bristol's recently-promoted Premiership Rugby side, has previously said he wants to turn the city into a sporting force."

I think he meant farce.

When asked where he sees the club in five year's time, Johnson said: "I'm going to stick my neck on the line a little bit and say Europa League."

Bristol City - the gift that keeps on giving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    When asked where he sees the club in five year's time, Johnson said: "I'm going to stick my neck on the line a little bit and say Europa League."

What a club.

He's spelled 'non' incorrectly!

And giving.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

That's twice, but I F ucking hate 'um.

I have always seen Swansea a as our main rivals but it's interesting how many see Bristol as our main rivals.

Do you think it's case of <40 = Swansea and >40 = Bristol or Valleys = Swansea and Cardiff = Bristol?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I have always seen Swansea a as our main rivals but it's interesting how many see Bristol as our main rivals.

Do you think it's case of <40 = Swansea and >40 = Bristol or Valleys = Swansea and Cardiff = Bristol?

It's been well documented a few times on here, what the scum from over the bridge chanted several times during the late 60's.

I wouldn't pi$$ on them if they were on fire.

It's a bit like asking which you dislike the most, constipation or diarrhea - different issues based on shit.

I am over 40 so would probably go with Swansea, but very much enjoy hearing about (yet) another Bristol loss, partly due to the fact that the jacks that visit our board are pretty decent, at least relative to our visitor from Bristol.

For my generation its Bristol,Swansea were akin to Newport, an irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It's a bit like asking which you dislike the most, constipation or diarrhea - different issues based on shit.

I am over 40 so would probably go with Swansea, but very much enjoy hearing about (yet) another Bristol loss, partly due to the fact that the jacks that visit our board are pretty decent, at least relative to our visitor from Bristol.

I honestly couldn't really give a shit about Bristol whereas i hate Swansea with a passion.
    I do think there are some good posters from Swansea, particularly Maxim and another one who's name escapes me at the moment but there are some right cocks too. Don't forget Roath and Pencoed etc and most went very quiet during brad bobleys reign!

I do know (and get on with) quite a few people from Swansea which makes my hatred all the more bizarre.

I honestly couldn't really give a shit about Bristol whereas i hate Swansea with a passion.
    I do think there are some good posters from Swansea, particularly Maxim and another one who's name escapes me at the moment but there are some right cocks too. Don't forget Roath and Pencoed etc and most went very quiet during brad bobleys reign!

I do know (and get on with) quite a few people from Swansea which makes my hatred all the more bizarre.
    Yeah, I've known a number of jacks, mostly decent, over the years, but we seemed to play them quite a lot in the 80's and whilst I never got involved in "the nonsense" had a very hairy moments at NP and the vetch.

I mentioned to my mate (who doesn't look at MB's) at a recent game "bollocks the wurzels are beating newcastle" his response was "who care about Bristol?" which got me thinking that my irrational dislike of them was down to a certain banker from henley on thames. Crazy I know, but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It's been well documented a few times on here, what the scum from over the bridge chanted several times during the late 60's.

I wouldn't pi$$ on them if they were on fire.
    Thats probably it. I wasn't born in those times and started following City in 1989 so Bristol were usually above us in the early days and below us after that so i never really crossed swords with them.

Got to be honest and admit that i hate the jacks most. As for the wurzels well i just laugh at them because they are a laughing stock in themselves.

Losing tonight 1-0 to Norwich, Shame

I'm >60 and the jacks were barely on our radar 45-50 years ago, so it's the wurzels I dislike.
    But I've nurtured a dislike for the jacks in the last 20-30 years.

In the bottom three