+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My thrice weekly laugh at the Wurzels

Re: My thrice weekly laugh at the Wurzels

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I have always seen Swansea a as our main rivals but it's interesting how many see Bristol as our main rivals.

Do you think it's case of <40 = Swansea and >40 = Bristol or Valleys = Swansea and Cardiff = Bristol?
    For my generation its Bristol,Swansea were akin to Newport, an irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It's a bit like asking which you dislike the most, constipation or diarrhea - different issues based on shit.

I am over 40 so would probably go with Swansea, but very much enjoy hearing about (yet) another Bristol loss, partly due to the fact that the jacks that visit our board are pretty decent, at least relative to our visitor from Bristol.

I honestly couldn't really give a shit about Bristol whereas i hate Swansea with a passion.
    I do think there are some good posters from Swansea, particularly Maxim and another one who's name escapes me at the moment but there are some right cocks too. Don't forget Roath and Pencoed etc and most went very quiet during brad bobleys reign!

I do know (and get on with) quite a few people from Swansea which makes my hatred all the more bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It's been well documented a few times on here, what the scum from over the bridge chanted several times during the late 60's.

I wouldn't pi$$ on them if they were on fire.
    Thats probably it. I wasn't born in those times and started following City in 1989 so Bristol were usually above us in the early days and below us after that so i never really crossed swords with them.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I honestly couldn't really give a shit about Bristol whereas i hate Swansea with a passion.
    I do think there are some good posters from Swansea, particularly Maxim and another one who's name escapes me at the moment but there are some right cocks too. Don't forget Roath and Pencoed etc and most went very quiet during brad bobleys reign!

I do know (and get on with) quite a few people from Swansea which makes my hatred all the more bizarre.
    Yeah, I've known a number of jacks, mostly decent, over the years, but we seemed to play them quite a lot in the 80's and whilst I never got involved in "the nonsense" had a very hairy moments at NP and the vetch.

I mentioned to my mate (who doesn't look at MB's) at a recent game "bollocks the wurzels are beating newcastle" his response was "who care about Bristol?" which got me thinking that my irrational dislike of them was down to a certain banker from henley on thames. Crazy I know, but there it is.

Got to be honest and admit that i hate the jacks most. As for the wurzels well i just laugh at them because they are a laughing stock in themselves.

Losing tonight 1-0 to Norwich, Shame

I'm >60 and the jacks were barely on our radar 45-50 years ago, so it's the wurzels I dislike.
    But I've nurtured a dislike for the jacks in the last 20-30 years.

In the bottom three

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    In the bottom three
    Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    In the bottom three
    Haha ... http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/top...fulham/&page=3

I particularly liked this post from Robin101 ...."Haha we still manage to throw away good starts when we aren't even playing."

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

I particularly liked this post from Robin101 ...."Haha we still manage to throw away good starts when we aren't even playing."

Cheers for that!

Strange that they're so despondent with European glory to look forward to soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

It's not looking good for them is it?

They seem to be relying on other teams to slip up. When you start relying on other teams being more shit than yourselves, there's usually only one outcome.

Add in the fact that Burton and Blackburn have found a bit of form, Forest have appointed Warburton who should improve them and Wolves having enough quality to stay up and it's starting to look a bit ominous for them. Their only hope seems to be Birmingham continuing to slide down the table.

All a bit of a shame really. They wanted the europa league and it looks like they could be getting that football league trophy thing for lower league teams.

Johnsons paint trophy?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Johnsons paint trophy?
    That's the one.

Although I think it's called the checkatrade trophy now.

Either way they'll be in it to win it next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    That's the one.

Although I think it's called the checkatrade trophy now.

Either way they'll be in it to win it next season.
    what trophy will cardiff be in next season lecter

in fact you aint won a proper trophy since 1927,

1927 . lecter spouting off about bristol city, when the reality is you should be up in scotland with sweaty sock pumping one out together, dreaming about cardiff or rangers winning a major trophy before your six feet under.

Very true, but that wasn't the theme of the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    what trophy will cardiff be in next season lecter

in fact you aint won a proper trophy since 1927,
    Pretty sure the last trophy your lot held aloft is the same trophy that we last held aloft.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Pretty sure the last trophy your lot held aloft is the same trophy that we last held aloft.
    Unfortunately they won the old 1st Division in 1991/92 (I think the dates are correct)

Unfortunately they won the old 1st Division in 1991/92 (I think the dates are correct)
    Yep, but the actual trophy was the same. The old classic trophy before the premier league trophy replaced it.

Yep, but the actual trophy was the same. The old classic trophy before the premier league trophy replaced it.
    There is a good pub quiz question in there somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There is a good pub quiz question in there somewhere

He's lost me somewhere along the way. !!!!

The FA Cup and the old 1st division cup, are not the same trophy, plus we have never won the 1st division so we aint picked up the trophy.

chris's idiocy must be catching.

He's lost me somewhere along the way. !!!!

The FA Cup and the old 1st division cup, are not the same trophy, plus we have never won the 1st division so we aint picked up the trophy.

chris's idiocy must be catching.
    The championship trophy we won under Malky used to be the first division trophy last won by Leeds before the premier league took over.

The championship trophy we won under Malky used to be the first division trophy last won by Leeds before the premier league took over.
    Well I never, you learn something every day.

Well I never, you learn something every day.
    I thought I was going full Chris there for a moment..
    Never go full Chris.