+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ranieri Sacked

Re: Ranieri Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Seems it was the senior player power that got him the sack
    Right, can't be down to them then.

Express chain is one to add to the escape goats scrapbook. Is anyone writing these down?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Right, can't be down to them then.

Of course not, they are all Champions League players now

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Weren't you the one who thought Dave Jones was useless?
    He was, a tireless bore who never got off his back despite cup finals and playoff finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Leicester could go down and win the Champions Cup (oh yeah, that's impossible... just like them winning the League was).

In that scenario, Leicester would be in the Champions League as a Championship club next season, stopping boring old 4th again place Arsenal from competing. Now that would be hilarious.
    If Leicester win the Champions League it has no impact on the top 4, they all still qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If Leicester win the Champions League it has no impact on the top 4, they all still qualify.
    No they don't. Only 4 clubs can enter from England even if one of those are European Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He was, a tireless bore who never got off his back despite cup finals and playoff finals.
    He used to come up with stats to suit his argument.

Points in the last 7 games (why 7?) Points in November. Points won during typhoons. Anything to back up his own argument. Also known as confirmation bias.

He used to come up with stats to suit his argument.

Points in the last 7 games (why 7?) Points in November. Points won during typhoons. Anything to back up his own argument. Also known as confirmation bias.
    So you've decided to attack me instead of my argument? Sums you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So you've decided to attack me instead of my argument? Sums you up.
    Confirmation bias. Look it up. I'll mention it again when you next produce weighted stats.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Disagree. Why should the players - who were champions 8 months ago - not take any blame?

If you asked me if cardiff would win the premier league then be relegated the following season I would bite your arm off. Ranieri delivered something very few thought possible and for that alone he deserved a full season.

If i was a Leicester fan I wouldn't be at all happy.
    Thats another discussion altogether. The players are absolutely culpable but you can't sack the team. The manager always cops it. The players come out of all this as petualant prima donnas who don't appear to have had much respect for Ranieri. It was always going to end with Ranieri taking the hit. I feel very sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    100% correct regarding the players, they seem to believe they have achieved everything and are living off it this season. Great players have a hunger for more success, Leicester players definitely don't have that.
    I would add that perhaps he was naive to think the same group would carry on that amazing effort , and achievement ,and he bought poorly

The media will say how sad it is then spend the rest of the weekend bigging up the brand. Premier League Show anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If Leicester win the champions league , I will eat my left testicle .

No they don't. Only 4 clubs can enter from England even if one of those are European Champions.
    Technically untrue.

5 is stated as the maximum any one country can enter. Spain had the potential to enter 5 teams this season. Real, Atletico, Barca, Sevilla & Villareal (Villareal lost to Monaco in the playoffs to enter the CL, so Villareal entered the Europa League).

This can only be an issue if the top 4 end up not winning either European cup, Man Utd win the Europa League, and Leicester win the Champions League...as then 6 teams would be granted a place through PL places, CL winners, & EL winners.

There is no precedent for this. It could've happened last season when Liverpool could've won the EL and Man City won the CL whilst coming 5th. In that scenario Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs, Man United (Pipping City to 4th place), Man City (5th but CL winners), and Liverpool (8th but EL winners) would've got into the 16/17 CL under the current rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    If Leicester win the champions league , I will eat my left testicle .
    Don't they need to drop first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Technically untrue.

5 is stated as the maximum any one country can enter. Spain had the potential to enter 5 teams this season. Real, Atletico, Barca, Sevilla & Villareal (Villareal lost to Monaco in the playoffs to enter the CL, so Villareal entered the Europa League).

This can only be an issue if the top 4 end up not winning either European cup, Man Utd win the Europa League, and Leicester win the Champions League...as then 6 teams would be granted a place through PL places, CL winners, & EL winners.

There is no precedent for this. It could've happened last season when Liverpool could've won the EL and Man City won the CL whilst coming 5th. In that scenario Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs, Man United (Pipping City to 4th place), Man City (5th but CL winners), and Liverpool (8th but EL winners) would've got into the 16/17 CL under the current rules.
    Just reviewed this, and I think you are right and I am wrong.

Ranieri said he don't know what's around the corner which tells me once the season tickets have been sold he'll find an excuse to stay.
    Don't build your hopes up girls.

Just saw this on Twitter under the caption of "Ranieri's official statement"
    C5fqYbLXEAAnit- (1).jpg

Leicester were never in the bottom 3 under Ranieri.

Shakespeare has led them into the relegation zone!