+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ranieri Sacked

Re: Ranieri Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You are working on the premise that their current form will be their future form. In football, no-one knows.
    Ok, then. Are you suggesting that, because you do not know your future form, it's best to leave things as they are as they might just possibly improve? Even if the evidence indicates otherwise, just leave things as they are, things might get better?

Leicester's form is relegation form, no two ways about it. Only Palace have shown worse form in the division over the last 10 games. It's true we don't know what might happen in the future. They might do what they did 2 years ago and go on an incredible run.

This has to be the crux of the matter, though. If a team is heading towards relegation, which is where Leicester are heading if things carry on as they are, do you remain blase and hope for a turn around based on not being able to predict the future or do you become proactive and think that a turn around might only happen if changes are made?

There's no real evidence to say either method works better but do you think Swansea would have turned things around as they have had Bradley still been in charge? On the flip side you can say that Allardyce has had no effect at Palace. I'm not sure someone new at Leicester would have the desired effect if I'm honest. But I can understand the idea that a club might decide to change its manager if it feels there's no way that manager is going to turn around that side's major decline, even if that manager led the team to an extraordinary achievement. That's life, that happens in business. Yesterday's news is today's chip paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Ok, then. Are you suggesting that, because you do not know your future form, it's best to leave things as they are as they might just possibly improve? Even if the evidence indicates otherwise, just leave things as they are, things might get better?

Leicester's form is relegation form, no two ways about it. Only Palace have shown worse form in the division over the last 10 games. It's true we don't know what might happen in the future. They might do what they did 2 years ago and go on an incredible run.

This has to be the crux of the matter, though. If a team is heading towards relegation, which is where Leicester are heading if things carry on as they are, do you remain blase and hope for a turn around based on not being able to predict the future or do you become proactive and think that a turn around might only happen if changes are made?

There's no real evidence to say either method works better but do you think Swansea would have turned things around as they have had Bradley still been in charge? On the flip side you can say that Allardyce has had no effect at Palace. I'm not sure someone new at Leicester would have the desired effect if I'm honest. But I can understand the idea that a club might decide to change its manager if it feels there's no way that manager is going to turn around that side's major decline, even if that manager led the team to an extraordinary achievement. That's life, that happens in business. Yesterday's news is today's chip paper.
    Leicester are heading towards the relegation zone, that is true. Are they heading towards relegation - who knows?

You are comparing apples with pears with Bradley. Bradley had won zero league titles, had come from not great stock, and had very little in terms of reputation. Further, Swansea sacked the right side of the transfer window.

Ranieri, meanwhile, was the last manager to win the Premier League. Not only win it, but win it for a team that were given 1000/1 odds. Now, are you seriously suggesting that someone who has won a Premier League title against the odds is incapable of turning their fortunes around? The club are still in the Champions League, with a 2-1 deficit and an away goal. Against Sevilla.... Sevilla are currently 3 points behind the best team in Europe in the best league in Europe.

The new manager will be unable to sign any players. The players have won (if battle of wits are to be believed) and the club are destined to react to the players for ever more.

Let's flip it - if I was now the owner of a club in the bottom 4 (few of them having achieved anything), I'd be thinking about bringing in Ranieri to give my survival hopes a boost.
    Last edited by Kris; 24-02-17 at 08:43.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Kris. Leicester are in freefall. They have looked like a very poor side for a couple of months now. They are heading for relegation. Ranieri may have kept them up but thats far from certain. Leicester fans are suggesting the players have let him down and are not playing for him. If the dressing room is lost so is the manager.
    Disagree. Why should the players - who were champions 8 months ago - not take any blame?

If you asked me if cardiff would win the premier league then be relegated the following season I would bite your arm off. Ranieri delivered something very few thought possible and for that alone he deserved a full season.

If i was a Leicester fan I wouldn't be at all happy.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yep, winning the title the year after was a given really.

Somebody should have told the bookies

Feedback

Didn't you say earlier that Leicester turned it around under Pearson? So which is it? Sticking with the same manager can/cannot see a turnaround?

Tis true. http://www.statto.com/football/stats...form-table-ten

Quite a remarkable turn around that season. They beat Man Utd 5-3 in their 5th game of the season then, of the next 24, they lost 17. To win 7 of their last 9 was incredible and took them from being 7 points adrift to 6 points above the drop zone.
    If Pearson could do it, why do you think Ranieri is unqualified to do it?

Perhaps the issue was bigger than the manager judged with Kante gone ,as he provided protection to an average back four, that didn't have great pace , along with players like Simpson and King in the squad , all of whom played out of their skin and didnt pcik up many injuriues , who lets be fair are at best championship players .

Their mindset after winning that was always going top be difficult to manage ,when they returned from the relaxation of the close season, and looks like they have not done so , perhaps the manager / backroom should have prepared differently/carefully for this year .

It was a freak win last year , they were in the right place and mood with so many big clubs in free fall , they went off like an express chain , others were just looking for 2nd,3rd,4th spots very early on in January , in the end and in my opinion other clubs let them run away as they were beating all before them.

Their close season sounds like its was the the same as other years , players with big gifts and wages , perhaps no longer motivated as they were last year .

If you remember the bookies had quite short prices on them being relegated, people were joking about it being a good bet ,so this is no surprise , to the players, club fans , and manager , and this year the premiership is super competitive , top and bottom.

I don't think they had any other decision to make , the manager is not a relegation battler and its horses for course now .

Pearson back in and they are saved , look forward to playing them next year , in what league though is the mighty question ,us up them down ???? lol

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Didn't you say earlier that Leicester turned it around under Pearson? So which is it? Sticking with the same manager can/cannot see a turnaround?
    I put both possibilities and did say that there's no evidence to suggest sacking or sticking with is better. I can understand why believing consistency might work. I can understand why believing a change might work. Being sentimental shouldn't be the basis for a decision.

Leicester are heading towards the relegation zone, that is true. Are they heading towards relegation - who knows?

You are comparing apples with pears with Bradley. Bradley had won zero league titles, had come from not great stock, and had very little in terms of reputation. Further, Swansea sacked the right side of the transfer window.

Ranieri, meanwhile, was the last manager to win the Premier League. Not only win it, but win it for a team that were given 1000/1 odds. Now, are you seriously suggesting that someone who has won a Premier League title against the odds is incapable of turning their fortunes around? The club are still in the Champions League, with a 2-1 deficit and an away goal. Against Sevilla.... Sevilla are currently 3 points behind the best team in Europe in the best league in Europe.

The new manager will be unable to sign any players. The players have won (if battle of wits are to be believed) and the club are destined to react to the players for ever more.

Let's flip it - if I was now the owner of a club in the bottom 4 (few of them having achieved anything), I'd be thinking about bringing in Ranieri to give my survival hopes a boost.
    Ok, I get it. You don't believe sacking a manager makes any difference.

Banned

we should be loyal

Bingly bongely Raniera is gonely.

Very mixed feelings about this. Ranieri is paying for his astonishing achievement last season, because all it seems to have done is make influential people at Leicester think that titles and Champions League qualification should become the norm - that is ridiculous.

The trouble is though that Leicester looked every inch a relegation team against Swansea, they folded as soon as they went behind against Manchester United and looked like a team that believed they were going to lose against Millwall - people talk about an improvement against Seville and, based on recent standards, I suppose it was to some extent, but, even so, I don't think a three goal victory margin would have flattered Seville.

I believe that Leicester were heading for relegation under Ranieri, so his sacking is understandable in many ways, but, as is usually the case these days, it seems to me that the real villains of the piece, the players, get away Scot free. One of the key factors in Leicester's success over the past three seasons has been their dynamism as a team - they had it for Nigel Pearson and they had it for Ranieri last season, but, up to now, it's been absent this season except for the occasional flicker.

The results have been terrible, Leicester could well go down, wouldn't that be amusing?

Manager is responsible for the team and their performance. Normal procedure is sack the manager, why should Ranieri be any different? It is obvious he isn't motivating his team at all.
    Had he been Cardiffs manager , I am sure we would ALL have been baying for him to be sacked.
    Lets forget that fact and get a bit sentimental for the clacker loving Leicester City.

Ok, I get it. You don't believe sacking a manager makes any difference.
    How can you infer that from what I said?

Also, this is a deeper issue than just changing results. There's a shiny trophy that is in the Leicester boardroom at the moment, a trophy that a club like Leicester should never expect to be there other than for a promotional exercise. The reason it is there has just been booted out 9 months after bringing them the trophy. If you can't understand why this is wrong then you are one of the people who see football in a very clinical and short sighted way.

It's a knee jerk reaction in a world where last week is more important than last month, and next week is something that is never really planned for.

How can you infer that from what I said?

Also, this is a deeper issue than just changing results. There's a shiny trophy that is in the Leicester boardroom at the moment, a trophy that a club like Leicester should never expect to be there other than for a promotional exercise. The reason it is there has just been booted out 9 months after bringing them the trophy. If you can't understand why this is wrong then you are one of the people who see football in a very clinical and short sighted way.

It's a knee jerk reaction in a world where last week is more important than last month, and next week is something that is never really planned for.
    The penny has finally dropped then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The results have been terrible, Leicester could well go down, wouldn't that be amusing?

Manager is responsible for the team and their performance. Normal procedure is sack the manager, why should Ranieri be any different? It is obvious he isn't motivating his team at all.
    Had he been Cardiffs manager , I am sure we would ALL have been baying for him to be sacked.
    Lets forget that fact and get a bit sentimental for the clacker loving Leicester City.
    Leicester could go down and win the Champions Cup (oh yeah, that's impossible... just like them winning the League was).

In that scenario, Leicester would be in the Champions League as a Championship club next season, stopping boring old 4th again place Arsenal from competing. Now that would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The penny has finally dropped then?
    The game has been like it since the mid 90s. It's a cut throat world, and I don't think it's a better sport because of it. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Very mixed feelings about this. Ranieri is paying for his astonishing achievement last season, because all it seems to have done is make influential people at Leicester think that titles and Champions League qualification should become the norm - that is ridiculous.

The trouble is though that Leicester looked every inch a relegation team against Swansea, they folded as soon as they went behind against Manchester United and looked like a team that believed they were going to lose against Millwall - people talk about an improvement against Seville and, based on recent standards, I suppose it was to some extent, but, even so, I don't think a three goal victory margin would have flattered Seville.

I believe that Leicester were heading for relegation under Ranieri, so his sacking is understandable in many ways, but, as is usually the case these days, it seems to me that the real villains of the piece, the players, get away Scot free. One of the key factors in Leicester's success over the past three seasons has been their dynamism as a team - they had it for Nigel Pearson and they had it for Ranieri last season, but, up to now, it's been absent this season except for the occasional flicker.
    100% correct regarding the players, they seem to believe they have achieved everything and are living off it this season. Great players have a hunger for more success, Leicester players definitely don't have that.

The players should be ashamed. They were run-of-the-mill "losers" (for lack of a better word), Ranieri turned them into champions

If you look through that squad, I see a lot of players who spent a lot of their careers at this level, and who, when they played at this level, were seen as bang-average/decent. Certainly not Premier League champions.

Now they've proven themselves not to be the fairy-tale champions of last season, but to be spoilt brats who cost their manager his job

I think Leicester, and in particular the players, have got too big for their boots. Even if they go down, they'd be big favourites to go back up.
    Hope they sign Trollope

Seems it was the senior player power that got him the sack

The game has been like it since the mid 90s. It's a cut throat world, and I don't think it's a better sport because of it. Do you?
    Nope, I hate it, I have to put it at the back of my mind otherwise I wouldn't come and watch Cardiff, our level clubs are the hungry dogs baying for the premier league which is a moral cesspit.

Leicester could go down and win the Champions Cup (oh yeah, that's impossible... just like them winning the League was).

In that scenario, Leicester would be in the Champions League as a Championship club next season, stopping boring old 4th again place Arsenal from competing. Now that would be hilarious.
    Leicester wont get through to the next round.

Because they are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Says the buffoon who has tried to belittle Warnock at every opportunity. You've been quiet lately. Hope you're OK....

Says the buffoon who has tried to belittle Warnock at every opportunity. You've been quiet lately. Hope you're OK....
    Weren't you the one who thought Dave Jones was useless?