+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ranieri Sacked

Ranieri Sacked

Disgraceful after what he achieved.

Re: Ranieri Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I thought they would give him more time.

Indeed. I had hoped they'd stay up, hope they go down now.

Oh dear. Hope they go down now.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Unbelievable after all the patience they showed Pearson for under achieving
    They then sack the manager that against all odds won the Premier league madness

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Unbelievable after all the patience they showed Pearson for under achieving
    They then sack the manager that against all odds won the Premier league madness
    Madness could it be player power,did he lose the dressing room
    Last edited by jeepster; 23-02-17 at 20:15.

Can't say I am surprised. He will always go down as a Leicester legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Can't say I am surprised. He will always go down as a Leicester legend
    A day after possibly their best performance of the season? If they had lost by three goals, and thus almost out of the competition that can still make it a memorable season for the right reasons, I wouldn't be surprised but this is not that.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Oh dear. Hope they go down now.
    ^^^this^^^
    Unfortunately as we all know it's all about money and his team look awful at the moment.
    The owners are obviously hoping that perhaps a new person can come in and get something extra from them and alter their course.

To be fair even their 2-1 loss in the CL last night flattered them.

CR will be alright, nice pay off, a few months holiday break before another top club comes in for him.

A day after a decent performance, and vital away goal, in Sevilla in the CL last 16.

Sevilla being the reigning Europa League champions and 3 points behind Real Madrid in the race for La Liga title.

I loved watching them last season - but this year it has been frustrating to watch a team under-perform as Leicester have. Ranieri's signings have not worked out and the whole team has been under-par. Reluctantly, because I think he's one of the good guys in football, it is probably a good footballing decision to change the manager in view of recent results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    A day after a decent performance, and vital away goal, in Sevilla in the CL last 16.

Sevilla being the reigning Europa League champions and 3 points behind Real Madrid in the race for La Liga title.
    These are fair points, although if it wasn't for Schmeichel, it could have been a lot more.
    Defensively shocking.
    Seems like it is all about the premiership and it looked very much like Ranieri was taking them down.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    A day after possibly their best performance of the season? If they had lost by three goals, and thus almost out of the competition that can still make it a memorable season for the right reasons, I wouldn't be surprised but this is not that.
    Its all about Premier League survival and they are in freefall.There is no sentiment in the game. I really like Ranieri but there is much at stake these days. I reckon Pearson might be reappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    These are fair points, although if it wasn't for Schmeichel, it could have been a lot more.
    Defensively shocking.
    Seems like it is all about the premiership and it looked very much like Ranieri was taking them down.
    Yep its all about PL survival and he did seem like he was taking them down.

It's all the more surprising following what was a great result for them last night. He deserved the opportunity to see out the season.

gonna be 1 hell of a movie...

Is he the first Premier League winning Manager to be sacked the following season?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's all the more surprising following what was a great result for them last night. He deserved the opportunity to see out the season.
    Sounds to me like it was planned whatever happened last night and the new guy is already in place...

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Is he the first Premier League winning Manager to be sacked the following season?
    Mourinho was sacked a couple of seasons ago after leading Chelsea to the title.

Sounds to me like it was planned whatever happened last night and the new guy is already in place...
    Warnock spotted in Leicester

The game has totally gone

Suppose Warnock wins us promotion. He then wins the Premier League with us against all the odds. The following season sees us start averagely but get worse to the point where we are looking like relegation fodder. Warnock makes strange decisions which affect team morale, dragging us further into the mire where there appears to be only two choices: 1) Show loyalty in the knowledge that we'd almost certainly go down, or 2) Decide that a change is desperately needed to avoid relegation.

I reckon most City fans in such a scenario would ultimately choose 2. There's a certainty that some of those saying we should be loyal would change their minds the moment we went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Suppose Warnock wins us promotion. He then wins the Premier League with us against all the odds. The following season sees us start averagely but get worse to the point where we are looking like relegation fodder. Warnock makes strange decisions which affect team morale, dragging us further into the mire where there appears to be only two choices: 1) Show loyalty in the knowledge that we'd almost certainly go down, or 2) Decide that a change is desperately needed to avoid relegation.

I reckon most City fans in such a scenario would ultimately choose 2. There's a certainty that some of those saying we should be loyal would change their minds the moment we went down.
    Yep thats how I see it too.

He's the first Premier League winning manager to have found his side one point above the drop zone with 13 games to go, having won 2 of the last 16, scoring 3 in the last 10 matches and having lost 5 on the trot without scoring.

I wouldn't have Ranieri down here. He's been a bit of a journeyman, and I think rode a wave that Pearson created. They showed title winning form before he was appointed at the end of the previous season.

He's obviously done an amazing job, but maybe another manager might've done the same with those players. He certainly seemed as surprised as everyone else in his interviews.

I don't see why there's an uproar to be honest, aren't football fans used to this kind of thing already..