Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
The EU don't dictate what employers 'decice' to pay - I know that , the market decides, and mostly it's minimum wage - there is no incentive for an employer to pay more - as there is a ready supply of cheap labour out there. You dont like it - no problem there are plenty of others that will do the job. It's a glass ceiling for the low paid.

I used to work in Europe - pre maastricht , I had to apply for the job, the employer had to prove there was no other person in the country that was being over looked etc , when I got the job I had to sign a document saying that after my contract had ended I would not make a claim for social security in the country etc.
Good for you on pointing out my typo. Maastricht is a capital M by the way. I would add overlooked is one word.I understand your comments but ultimately its down to the employer what they pay and I suspect its often below the minimum wage. Thats not the fault of the EU nor the immigrant. Its not the market either. Its the specific individual employer.To blame others is an abrogation of ths employer's responsibility.