Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
So who is the answer to this energised Labour party under a charismatic leader as it seems to me that the left are highly principled whcih doesn't sit with charisma and energy , forward looking, new principles is not looking back at resurrecting old social attitudes ,its about being bold a new a setting an agenda that challenges the norm putting pressure on a Tory government that is ploughing the same furrow without being challenged ,like it or not to get elected as a government your words are critical " energised Labour party under a charismatic leader, I would add new thoughts , direction, acceptance that some parts of the NHS can no longer be fully be funded from the pubic purse ,stop using it as a political football , be strong on the benefits systems so it rewards workers and avoids them choice of doing nothing , put up taxes to fund social care ,front up defense on moral grounds, agree too many immigrants find it easy to land on our shares not to seek benefits but earn our generous minimum wage ,and fix it .
Possibly Dan Jarvis. If not him maybe Clive Lewis. I wouldn't rule out Keir Starmer although he is more solid than charismatic. Some of your comments above are fair enough but not in regard to immigrants. We are already hearing of sectors worried that there will be a shortage of labour because of Brexit.