+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock agrees contract extension

Warnock agrees contract extension

Confirmed as staying with us for next season, great news

Confirmed - we've got him!

Great news IMO as this suggests he's agreed some financial backing with the big man.

Warnock staying until the end of next season. Exciting times ahead!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39045001

Re: Warnock

Having been given the assurances he wants, Warnock said: "It’s never been in question. I've only spoken to Mehmet about certain things that he and Vincent Tan were trying to agree and I’m pleased to say I’ve agreed everything.

"We’ve not put pen to paper but we’ve agreed an extension for next season. We’re singing from the same song sheet.

"We're desperate to do well, we each want the same thing. There are no guarantees - just look at Claudio Ranieri. But my objective is to be as popular here in 12 months' time as I am at the moment.

"The contract was never in doubt, I just didn't want to come for the wrong reasons. Vincent and Mehmet have been nothing but supportive from the start.

"We've had to show them what we can do. It’s a trust thing between manager and owner, we each want the same thing. As I say nothing is guaranteed, but with their support we can give it a good try.

"We’ll be up against a lot of clubs with a lot of money. But it’s easy for a manager to commit to a club when the fans want you.

"If the scenario was different, who knows? But if the fans want me it'll mean I'm doing a good job. We’ll just have a go next season and see where we are after that."

Talking up Dalman and the Cardiff hierarchy, Warnock went on: "They couldn’t have done it any quicker. I expected it to be done in the next three or four weeks, but there was not a lot to sort out.

"We wanted to stay, they wanted us to stay, we wanted an opportunity to do well next season, they’ve given us that.

"We want to put the club in a position next season to have a go. We’ll be up against big budgets (from other clubs) so we’ll have to be good at what we do to give us a chance.

"The players have been on board and super for me. I don’t think they realised how well they could perform as a unit and if we can bring a bit more quality in that squad everyone can benefit."

Addressing the need for the club to stay within Financial Fair Play rules, Warnock said: "I've got to do my bit as well. I have to try and help the club with the wage structure at the end of the season.

"I will have to do some juggling, but we feel it’s possible. It’s not unreasonable or unrealistic to put the club in a position to have a go. Nobody knows what’s around the corner but we’ve shown we can compete with anybody and that’s what we have to do next year."

Re: Confirmed - we've got him!

ST renewel here - reaction to this great news!

Re: Warnock agrees contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Great news. Onwards and upwards.

Hope we can finish the season strongly and come home in 10th

Fantastic news! Thanks again Sharon

Great news! Exciting times ahead now!

Fantastic news.
    I expect the club are hastily adding £50 to the price of each season ticket just in time for the renewal packs to go out.

Brilliant that it's been done so early in order to get things lined up for next season as quickly as possible.

Reading between the lines VT and Dalman have pushed the budget to the limits of what we can afford but NW will still have a lot of wheeling and dealing to do to make it all work. I think this means Whitts is likely to go, along with anyone on a high wage that we can offload.

I'm hoping we can afford a good keeper, striker and midfielder to add to a strong nucleus already. Of those here out of contract/on loan that I'd hope we might keep then Hoilett and McGregor are the main ones for me. I'm still not convinced by Kadeem unless he is low cost.

Is Noone out of contract? I think he might be worth keeping but he'll be 30 next year too.

Just need to finish the season with a good head of steam now to bring in ST sales from the floating fans with the promise of an exciting season ahead.

Fulham becomes even more important to put in a good performance.

Yep great news to buck me up after a bad result for me in Copeland.

Fantastic News!

Great news - exactly what the club needs.

As much as Tan gets stick (and rightly so) for getting things wrong he deserves credit for giving Neil the cash to stick around and have a go next season.

Excellent news. Well done the club.

Feedback

This really is excellent news. Hopefully the fans respond in kind. Warnock has no doubt got a few players in mind. which players wouldn't want to sign for a man who has a pedigree second to none in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    We have our part to play.........

"I'll be here as long as the fans want me," Warnock told BBC Wales Sport.
    "Because if they want me I will be doing a good job."

This quote from WoL sums up what I like best about NW - he's at the age where he can smile at most of the absurdities of the job:

“I spoke to Vincent Tan and I’ll probably go out and see him at the end of the season. Vincent would like to pick players different to me but we have a laugh about that. He asked me a few weeks ago why Nooney wasn’t playing and now he’s been brilliant so I told him it was down to him. When you work with a smile you can be successful, I’m at an age where I don’t want to be miserable.”

Also shows that with NW Vincent doesn't appear to be having much, if any, say on the team selection so we can also put that concern to rest now it seems.

Great bit of news, let's hope a few more get there arses to the Fulham game

Buzzing, great move by the club. Really can't wait for next season now "one Neil Warnock, there's only one Neil Warnock"

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Buzzing, great move by the club. Really can't wait for next season now "one Neil Warnock, there's only one Neil Warnock"
    Don't forget Mrs Warnock

Amazing news. Well done the club. Great start to the weekend. 3 points tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Despite the realistic impossibility of achieving play-offs, I haven't given up on this season yet. We're in an almost unique position for us of actually having good players who've underperformed and are now getting their confidence back, teamed with a bloody minded manager who won't let them slack and no reasonable prospect of us being relegated now.

I haven't looked forward to a match so much for a long time now - roll on Saturday!

Old news. I confirmed this over a week ago.

Re: Confirmed - we've got him!

Let hope the lost thousands return , and help this club, who are trying to deliver success ??

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Old news. I confirmed this over a week ago.
    LeAdEr

Fantastic news