+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best place to go for two 40 somethings in Cardiff tonight.

Best place to go for two 40 somethings in Cardiff tonight.

It's my birthday today, and my girlfriend and I are having a night in Cardiff. We're going to the Live Lounge, but are there any other recommendations that's suitable for two 40 somethings?

TIA.

Re: Best place to go for two 40 somethings in Cardiff tonight.

BORO.

Quote Originally Posted by Banc Blue View Post
    It's my birthday today, and my girlfriend and I are having a night in Cardiff. We're going to the Live Lounge, but are there any other recommendations that's suitable for two 40 somethings?

TIA.
    If you like live music then do The Jazz Cafe.

Local singer songwriter Bella Collins and her band are playing there tonight and frankly they are superb. Seen them once before last month and will be back tonight.

She will make it in my opinion

Castle Bingo, hey Castle Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

Local singer songwriter Bella Collins and her band are playing there tonight and frankly they are superb. Seen them once before last month and will be back tonight.

Yes, Bella is a great singer a plays bass as well

Try the Wynford, I heard the ladies there like threesomes

Where's the Jazz Cafe?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Where's the Jazz Cafe?
    St Mary's street

I'm not into to jazz at all, but can appreciate any form of live music so going to pop in there tonight.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not into to jazz at all, but can appreciate any form of live music so going to pop in there tonight.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Bella Collins was playing blues not jazz when I saw her

Went to go into the Jazz Cafe and they wanted to charge us to go in. I've got no problem paying for music, I spend £1000's every year on music. But we went to the free entry in the Live Lounge and had a brilliant night.

Went to go into the Jazz Cafe and they wanted to charge us to go in. I've got no problem paying for music, I spend £1000's every year on music. But we went to the free entry in the Live Lounge and had a brilliant night.
    Shouldn't you be doing something else now, instead of being on your computer/phone?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Castle Bingo, hey Castle Bingo!
    Hey, theres fack all wrong with castle bingo. Cheap food, cheap booze and keeps the wife quiet for 3 hrs or so.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Bella Collins was playing blues not jazz when I saw her
    There is sooo many variations of 'Jazz' . Same for 'Blues' too. And they overlap ;)

What kind of band did they have in the Live Lounge? I've been a few times, but it's always been a cheesy cover band playing there. Personally, I'd rather pay to watch a Blues artist/band, than a covers band. Just my choice though

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    What kind of band did they have in the Live Lounge? I've been a few times, but it's always been a cheesy cover band playing there. Personally, I'd rather pay to watch a Blues artist/band, than a covers band. Just my choice though
    Went to the Live Lounge during the day yesterday and saw a couple of guitar players who were OK nothing special really. Then went back last night and watched a band playing your bog standard cover songs but done them really well.

It was nice to see it really busy in there, live music is just brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm with you on that.

We got in there at about 9 an hour before the band came on and didn't pay but at £3 entry fee later on I'd still take that all day long over a cover band as you say.
    She's a real talent too and the place was rammed

Went to the Live Lounge during the day yesterday and saw a couple of guitar players who were OK nothing special really. Then went back last night and watched a band playing your bog standard cover songs but done them really well.

It was nice to see it really busy in there, live music is just brilliant.
    That's the problem though for me, bog standard cover bands are ten a penny these days. Oh how I yearn for 1980s when Cardiff had a great, vibrant live band and venue scene.

I'd rather watch an average/mundane band do their own stuff, than see a top notch covers band, to be honest with you

If you like live music then do The Jazz Cafe

Nice!