+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: White House bans fake news media from press briefing

White House bans fake news media from press briefing

The White House has blocked several major news outlets from covering its press briefing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7598641.html

Blog Entries

Re: White House bans fake news media from press briefing

The most powerful nation in the world lets Breitbart in, the world is absolutely ****ed.
    Last edited by Croesy Blue; 25-02-17 at 08:14.

It's strange how quickly the western world has descended into authoritarian totalitarianism, it's like we learned nothing from history at all.

The Russians must be rubbing their hands at this, this is exactly what they've always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's strange how quickly the western world has descended into authoritarian totalitarianism, it's like we learned nothing from history at all.

The Russians must be rubbing their hands at this, this is exactly what they've always wanted.
    If you believe the MSM it's the Russians who are orchestrating all of these events from a bunker somewhere in Moscow

Have you ever heard of the book The Foundations of Geopolitics? Scary how accurate that is at the moment.

It's very highly thought of within the Russian military. Some highlights:

The book declares that "the battle for the world rule of [ethnic] Russians" has not ended and Russia remains "the staging area of a new anti-bourgeois, anti-American revolution." The Eurasian Empire will be constructed "on the fundamental principle of the common enemy: the rejection of Atlanticism, strategic control of the USA, and the refusal to allow liberal values to dominate us."

Military operations play relatively little role. The textbook believes in a sophisticated program of subversion, destabilization, and disinformation spearheaded by the Russian special services.

And the aims:

In Europe:

Germany should be offered the de facto political dominance over most Protestant and Catholic states located within Central and Eastern Europe. Kaliningrad oblast could be given back to Germany. The book uses the term "Moscow-Berlin axis".[1]
    France should be encouraged to form a "Franco-German bloc" with Germany. Both countries have a "firm anti-Atlanticist tradition".[1]
    The United Kingdom should be cut off from Europe.[1]

In the United States:

Russia should use its special forces within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."[1]

The most ironic thing about the current states are the people who scream fake news eat up every single thing reported by Breitbart and Infowars and other such sites.

It's scary to see the change in a majority of the population who would usually have socially liberal views descend into this very scary alt right mindset.

I know a few people in real life who it's happened too, intelligent and caring people who've spent too long on certain websites now are on the border or being Intolerant and racist.

The most ironic thing about the current states are the people who scream fake news eat up every single thing reported by Breitbart and Infowars and other such sites.

It's scary to see the change in a majority of the population who would usually have socially liberal views descend into this very scary alt right mindset.

I know a few people in real life who it's happened too, intelligent and caring people who've spent too long on certain websites now are on the border or being Intolerant and racist.
    You mean the liberal elites aren't really satanic pedos, and it's just made up shit from the likes of Breitbart and Infowars?

That wasn't the point of that post at all.

That wasn't the point of that post at all.
    So we have to avoid Breitbart and read the MSM if we want to be normal balanced people?

Definitely avoiding Breitbart I would advise unless you like your propaganda hate filled and racist.

With regards to the main stream media I always think it's a good starting point to get a brief summary of what's going on. I would always advise using trusted sources on top of that as all print journalism will have a slight bias or agenda at the very least.

I would be careful what "trusted sources" I use though as there is definitely a lot of "alt right" and other outright racist content out there posing as being the "Real news" it's actually not too difficult to spot but a lot of very intelligent people are being suckered in by it.

What I wouldn't do is call every bit of output the BBC, the times, the independent, the guardian etc "fake news with an obvious" then start using obvious made up rubbish by Fox News, Breitbart, info wars, Alex jones etc as a trusted sources without a hint of self awareness or irony.

Doing that would be up there with dismissing the majority of scientific research based on an obviously biased article with great authority without doing some cursory and simple research to educate oneself on what is an actually not very interesting topic as well as being hugely important.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Whats the quote - when you can keep your head when all around you is losing theirs....

It's getting to the point that each and every news 'story' needs to be verified as true by 2 separate sources.

A mate on facebook recently re posted a news story - which he hadnt bothered to check - as the story fitted his viewpoint - all his mates re posted and commented on it as if it was fact. It was complete bollocks.
    It's actually the liberals who started the fake news and Russian hacking stories, it was around the time when Wikileaks were exposing Podesta and the DNC, and now the liberal owned media have taken it a step further, with the help of Google/Apple/Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/Wilipedia, etc. So it's quite interesting what Croesy Blue is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Whats the quote - when you can keep your head when all around you is losing theirs....

It's getting to the point that each and every news 'story' needs to be verified as true by 2 separate sources.

A mate on facebook recently re posted a news story - which he hadnt bothered to check - as the story fitted his viewpoint - all his mates re posted and commented on it as if it was fact. It was complete bollocks.
    Do you mean like this?

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...our-money-back

the then Labour Govt decides to settle his 1 million pound compensation claim - as long as he stays silent.

The most powerful nation in the world lets Breitbart in, the world is absolutely ****ed.
    Can you imagine what some on here would be saying if Hilary Clinton was now President and she had banned those news stations?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can you imagine what some on here would be saying if Hilary Clinton was now President and she had banned those news stations?
    Why would she ban the stations who were doing her bidding?

But, where will it all end?

Answers in 140 characters or less...

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    But, where will it all end?

Answers in 140 characters or less...
    The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why would she ban the stations who were doing her bidding?
    You know what I meant - if "the other side" were banning sections of the media from press conferences, you'd be in your element.

So, what you're saying is that your poster boy banned the BBC, CNN etc. because they were not doing his bidding?

I

Blog Entries

It's very highly thought of within the Russian military. Some highlights:

The book declares that "the battle for the world rule of [ethnic] Russians" has not ended and Russia remains "the staging area of a new anti-bourgeois, anti-American revolution." The Eurasian Empire will be constructed "on the fundamental principle of the common enemy: the rejection of Atlanticism, strategic control of the USA, and the refusal to allow liberal values to dominate us."

Military operations play relatively little role. The textbook believes in a sophisticated program of subversion, destabilization, and disinformation spearheaded by the Russian special services.
    That sounds very much like many things I've read and watched, when you say "Scary how accurate it is" does that mean you think that is what's happening?

Lightbulb Re: White House bans fake news media from press briefing

You know what I meant - if "the other side" were banning sections of the media from press conferences, you'd be in your element.

So, what you're saying is that your poster boy banned the BBC, CNN etc. because they were not doing his bidding?

I
    My poster boy?

Trump has already addressed this. He said he doesn't mind what the media write or say, as long as it's factually based, and not blatently made up with the intent of damaging his presidency.

There is a coordinated press group whose sole purpuse is to undermind him at every step of the way. Unfortunately they are coming across as bumbling idiots. Just like at the weekend rally when that Huffington Post reporter was handing out Russian flags to Trump's supporters with his name on them. Unfortunately he didn't he didn't get his story or the photos, as the security intervened and obtained video evidence of his skullduggary.

Furthermore, there is speculation that Soros and his friends will be spending hundreds of millions of dollars to organise an upcoming American Spring, bringing violence and chaos to the streets of all major US cities.

I bet you are awaiting developments like these with glee?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    My poster boy?

Trump has already addressed this. He said he doesn't mind what the media write or say, as long as it's factually based, and not blatently made up with the intent of damaging his presidency.

There is a coordinated press group whose sole purpuse is to undermind him at every step of the way. Unfortunately they are coming across as bumbling idiots. Just like at the weekend rally when that Huffington Post reporter was handing out Russian flags to Trump's supporters with his name on them. Unfortunately he didn't he didn't get his story or the photos, as the security intervened and obtained video evidence of his skullduggary.

Furthermore, there is speculation that Soros and his friends will be spending hundreds of millions of dollars to organise an upcoming American Spring, bringing violence and chaos to the streets of all major US cities.

I bet you are awaiting developments like these with glee?
    Meanwhile in the real world, this pulitzer prize winning branch of what you'll no doubt say is part of the BBC, CNN, Clinton, Obama, Soros mafia is rating their Lier of the Year winner in 2015 as having made political pronouncements that are graded "mostly false", "false" or "pants on fire" in 70 per cent of cases.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

I daresay other dictators/wannabee dictators have justified their bans on "critical" sections of the media in much the same way as Trump does.

Meanwhile in the real world, this pulitzer prize winning branch of what you'll no doubt say is part of the BBC, CNN, Clinton, Obama, Soros mafia is rating their Lier of the Year winner in 2015 as having made political pronouncements that are graded "mostly false", "false" or "pants on fire" in 70 per cent of cases.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

I daresay other dictators/wannabee dictators have justified their bans on "critical" sections of the media in much the same way as Trump does.
    Who's fact-checking the fact-checkers? A quick glance of PolitiFact's fact-checking history reveals a glaring bias toward lefty arguments. And I'm more left than right

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    That sounds very much like many things I've read and watched, when you say "Scary how accurate it is" does that mean you think that is what's happening?
    OK we now have Nazism (Trump) V Communism (Clinton/Soros), so why are the Russians backing Trump?