+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: White House bans fake news media from press briefing

Re: White House bans fake news media from press briefing

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The words above are an inversion of what we know to be true, as disclosed by the democrats themselves. So what is it exactly that Obama foresaw?
    As someone still sitting on some rickety ol fence scratching my head (by choice - I'm not coming down yet) I have to say that ^^ therein lies the problem.

Not everybody gets what you refer to, or is aware of it, comprehends it - or believes it.
    If that is the case then - evidently - it has not been clearly and undeniably illustrated / illustrated yet.
    There could be a number of reasons for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    As someone still sitting on some rickety ol fence scratching my head (by choice - I'm not coming down yet) I have to say that ^^ therein lies the problem.

Not everybody gets what you refer to, or is aware of it, comprehends it - or believes it.
    If that is the case then - evidently - it has not been clearly and undeniably illustrated / illustrated yet.
    There could be a number of reasons for that.
    All a person has to do is read about what was actually going on, as described in the Democratic Party's own words. It should then be clear that the speech above ignored what had already been exposed, with the intention of perpetuating the illusion of a free press, while at the same carrying on as if those disclosures never occured in the first place. It is quite a clever deception as it seems to have fooled most people.

It would make life a lot easier for us if you just gave us a link to their own words instead of stumbling about trying to explain it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It would make life a lot easier for us if you just gave us a link to their own words instead of stumbling about trying to explain it yourself.
    Wikileaks.com

Sorry, I forgot you are a bit slow

lardy, this information has been in the public domain for months, and many publications have reported on it. Why do you think Trump refers to the MSM as fake news? Do you think he suddenly woke up one morning and decided to invent that phrase? You probably haven't heard about it, because the only people who have never reported on it are the MSM themselves. Make of that what you will.

All a person has to do is read about what was actually going on, as described in the Democratic Party's own words. It should then be clear that the speech above ignored what had already been exposed, with the intention of perpetuating the illusion of a free press, while at the same carrying on as if those disclosures never occured in the first place. It is quite a clever deception as it seems to have fooled most people.
    The other problem is that - if this is true, then what is replacing it seems to be looking to do exactly the same. Only in a very different style.

It is a bit like 'drain the swamp'. Damn right - Go Donald! - It needed draining.
    But has he done that? - Is he simply re-filling it with more swamp water?

Whatever, I cannot find the spirit nor the faith to open the popcorn, kick back and gaze upon these events as some fascinating spectacle or inconsequential global comedy-drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    The other problem is that - if this is true, then what is replacing it seems to be looking to do exactly the same. Only in a very different style.

It is a bit like 'drain the swamp'. Damn right - Go Donald! - It needed draining.
    But has he done that? - Is he simply re-filling it with more swamp water?

Whatever, I cannot find the spirit nor the faith to open the popcorn, kick back and gaze upon these events as some fascinating spectacle or inconsequential global comedy-drama.
    Good point, but I think it is too soon to call, and that is why I am still sitting on the fence. Going after the human trafickers is a big development. There have been1500 arrests in under a month, compared with 400 in a whole year under Obama. I'm not sure why the MSM aren't covering this though, or the busts in Norway and Canada, etc.

Good point, but I think it is too soon to call, and that is why I am still sitting on the fence. Going after the human trafickers is a big development. There have been1500 arrests in under a month, compared with 400 in a whole year under Obama. I'm not sure why the MSM aren't covering this though, or the busts in Norway and Canada, etc.
    I guess it depends where you get your news

http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/27/tr...ex-trafficking

I have no idea!

Blog Entries

Do you believe there's any truth in it?
    I don't know enough about it to have an opinion either way to be honest, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    I guess it depends where you get your news

http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/27/tr...ex-trafficking

I have no idea!
    Thanks for the link.

I look forward to some new gymnastic spin from Gluey with his own 'alternative facts'. Meanwhile, in the real world....

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Thanks for the link.

I look forward to some new gymnastic spin from Gluey with his own 'alternative facts'. Meanwhile, in the real world....
    I have to chuckle sometimes.

He says to Lardy earlier in the thread "Either that or you will believe any old crap that is put in front of you"

Then states as fact that in the period Saint Donald has been in power, there have been 45 sex traffickers arrested for every one arrested under Obama in the same period. Not double, not triple, a 45 fold increase

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I don't know enough about it to have an opinion either way to be honest, what do you think?
    I think it's abhorrent that anyone could publicly accuse others of being involved in child kidnapping, abuse, rape and murder with no evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Thanks for the link.

There you go again focussing on the less relevant issues. Some people are going to dispute the figures, and for whatever reason the MSM don't seem very keen to highlight any of this. The fact is the crackdown is a major government policy that was announced last week. We will just have to wait and see what further developments unfold. I have noted that you are one of the biggest deniers that any wrongdoing is occuring with regards to children, let's just hope you are right.

I have to chuckle sometimes.

He says to Lardy earlier in the thread "Either that or you will believe any old crap that is put in front of you"

Then states as fact that in the period Saint Donald has been in power, there have been 45 sex traffickers arrested for every one arrested under Obama in the same period. Not double, not triple, a 45 fold increase
    Even if those numbers were correct, you'd have to be monumentally gullible to think that the operations could have happened literally overnight from nothing.

I think it's abhorrent that anyone could publicly accuse others of being involved in child kidnapping, abuse, rape and murder with no evidence.
    Most rational people are saying that things seem a bit odd, and maybe it needs investigating. It's generally the deniers who are coming out with the stuff that you are saying. Everybody knows you need an investigation to gather evidence.

Even if those numbers were correct, you'd have to be monumentally gullible to think that the operations could have happened literally overnight from nothing.
    You are assuming that the law enforcement agencies don't collect vast amounts of intelligence data. Holding and acting on this data are two separate things. They certainly knew where all the illegal immigrants were situated when the orders came through.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 28-02-17 at 15:19.

Most rational people are saying that things seem a bit odd, and maybe it needs investigating. It's generally the deniers who are coming out with the stuff that you are saying. Everybody knows you need an investigation to gather evidence.
    I'd say the same no matter who was being accused. But if rational people say it needs investigating then I'm sure Daddy will set one up. Right?

You are assuming that the law enforcement agencies don't collect vast amounts of intelligence data. Holding and acting on this data are two separate things. They certainly knew where all the illegal immigrants are situated.
    And the resources to act up on this were made available immediately despite, as you say, the policy only being announced last week? Right.

You are assuming that the law enforcement agencies don't collect vast amounts of intelligence data. Holding and acting on this data are two separate things. They certainly knew where all the illegal immigrants are situated.
    You are the one that stated the numbers as fact. You used the numbers to give support your argument. You should be able to back them up or be man enough to admit they are (clearly) fake

Are you now saying that the under Obama, for every sex trafficker arrested the police knew where another 45 were, but chose to do nothing about it?

I'd say the same no matter who was being accused. But if rational people say it needs investigating then I'm sure Daddy will set one up. Right?
    The people involved should be encouraging an investigation if they have nothing to hide. It's not as though young children are able to speak out, so I think it would benefit everybody.

And the resources to act up on this were made available immediately despite, as you say, the policy only being announced last week? Right.
    I'm not privvy to what goes on behind the scenes, but I know government departments have contigincecy plans for all potential outcomes. As I mentioned before, they certainly knew where all the illegal immigrants were located when the order came to round them up.

You are the one that stated the numbers as fact. You used the numbers to give support your argument. You should be able to back them up or be man enough to admit they are (clearly) fake

Are you now saying that the under Obama, for every sex trafficker arrested the police knew where another 45 were, but chose to do nothing about it?
    The numbers were obtained from local news reports.

The numbers were obtained from local news reports.
    I'm not going to chase down every one of the 1500 people or so arrested, but here is a local report that accounts for almost a third of that total

https://local.nixle.com/alert/583930..._id=1000000472

This was the third of an annual programme to tackle sex trafficking. It started on Jan 26th - six days after Trump's inauguration. It required careful planning between 30 or so police bodies and it is stated in the Sherriff's report that meetings took place prior to the bust.

From the sherriff's report 22 men were arrested for pimping and 142 for solicitation. It appears that the other 300 arrests were of women taken in on Prostitution charges.

Would you agree that the vast majority of those arrested had nothing to do with sex trafficking?

Would you agree that the timing and apparent annual occurrence of the operation suggests that is had absolutely no connection whatsoever with Trump becoming president?

I'm sure we all agree that everything possible should be done to combat this horrible crime, and if Trump is going to prioritise it, then that's great.

But surely you would agree that this whole narrative giving Trump credit for the "apparent" rise in arrests is absolute balls

I'm not going to chase down every one of the 1500 people or so arrested, but here is a local report that accounts for almost a third of that total

https://local.nixle.com/alert/583930..._id=1000000472

This was the third of an annual programme to tackle sex trafficking. It started on Jan 26th - six days after Trump's inauguration. It required careful planning between 30 or so police bodies and it is stated in the Sherriff's report that meetings took place prior to the bust.

From the sherriff's report 22 men were arrested for pimping and 142 for solicitation. It appears that the other 300 arrests were of women taken in on Prostitution charges.

Would you agree that the vast majority of those arrested had nothing to do with sex trafficking?

Would you agree that the timing and apparent annual occurrence of the operation suggests that is had absolutely no connection whatsoever with Trump becoming president?

I'm sure we all agree that everything possible should be done to combat this horrible crime, and if Trump is going to prioritise it, then that's great.

But surely you would agree that this whole narrative giving Trump credit for the "apparent" rise in arrests is absolute balls
    One is too many as far as I am concerned.

One is too many as far as I am concerned.
    Couldn't agree more.

Coming back to the question