+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: White House bans fake news media from press briefing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: White House bans fake news media from press briefing

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I haven't witnessed it first hand, yet but it is reported that Trump has been holding forth in a pre-recorded interview on his friend Fox News containing a fair few blame and insinuations - apparently unchallenged, unillustrated and possiby unfounded.

If that is the case, and other MSM's are increasingly branded 'Fake' and depicted as 'untrustworthy', where is the potential for an all-out disinformation program going to be checked? And by whom?

I understand that things were likely dangerous and wrong before, and that the existing political system and media needed a bloody nose, but not with its hands tied behind its back, while we watch, agog?
    Looks like Obama foresaw what was going to happen. In his final press conference he said:

“You’re not supposed to be sycophants; you’re supposed to be skeptics. You’re supposed to ask me tough questions. You’re not supposed to be complimentary, but you’re supposed to cast a critical eye on folks who hold enormous power...

...essential to that is a free press. That is part of how this place, this country, this grand experiment in self-government has to work. It doesn’t work if we don’t have a well-informed citizenry and you are the conduit through which they receive the information about what’s taking place in the halls of power. So, America needs you, and our democracy needs you.”

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Looks like Obama foresaw what was going to happen. In his final press conference he said:

“You’re not supposed to be sycophants; you’re supposed to be skeptics. You’re supposed to ask me tough questions. You’re not supposed to be complimentary, but you’re supposed to cast a critical eye on folks who hold enormous power...

...essential to that is a free press. That is part of how this place, this country, this grand experiment in self-government has to work. It doesn’t work if we don’t have a well-informed citizenry and you are the conduit through which they receive the information about what’s taking place in the halls of power. So, America needs you, and our democracy needs you.”
    It's easy to say that when you know that you've got the press in your pocket! From Wikileaks we learned that the MSM were sending their articles to Clinton's team for prior approval and amendment, they were handing over the debate questions to Hillary in advance, and they were also being instructed about what negative stuff they should be writing about Trump. The free press? You are a very funny guy lardy. Either that or you will believe any old crap that is put in front of you
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 28-02-17 at 10:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's easy to say that when you know that you've got the press in your pocket! From Wikileaks we learned that the MSM were sending their articles to Clinton's team for prior approval and amendment, they were handing over the debate questions to Hillary in advance, and they were also being instructed about what negative stuff they should be writing about Trump. The free press? You are a very funny guy lardy. Either that or you will believe any old crap that is put in front of you
    Those were Obama's words, not mine. You're free to take it up with him...just don't tell Daddy that you've been talking to other presidents

Those were Obama's words, not mine. You're free to take it up with him...just don't tell Daddy that you've been talking to other presidents
    In that case, you would have used the phrase 'hoodwinked the public', instead of foresaw what was going to happen
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 28-02-17 at 10:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    In that case, you would have used the word 'hoodwinked' instead of foresaw
    This makes no sense.

This makes no sense.
    Take off those dark glasses then

So tell me again, Obama is the crook that this man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37zvOZ17eSE

is rescuing us from, right?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So tell me again, Obama is the crook that this man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37zvOZ17eSE

is rescuing us from, right?
    Number 2 is particularly apt for this discussion.