+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: White House bans fake news media from press briefing

Blog Entries

Re: White House bans fake news media from press briefing

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yes, and I'm asking why it's only Trump who is a puppet of the Russians (allegedly). You will have to flesh out the theory giving some real world examples.
    When did I say Trump was the only puppet?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I'm not sure, I don't think it's the main driving factor in everything that's happening because I personally find huge scale conspiracies too be a bit far fetched but I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing their best to help things that are already occurring to move a certain way.

I would not be surprised if there was proof Russia had a hand in helping Trump get to power, if only by spreading all the nonsense news that's helping him.
    I can see why you would, it might not seem so far fetched if you meet Mr Griffin.
    https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/vi...er-pdf-archive

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    When did I say Trump was the only puppet?
    You didn't, but I was asking for a real world example of how Trump fits in with that Dugin theory.

Blog Entries

You didn't, but I was asking for a real world example of how Trump fits in with that Dugin theory.
    I think we should wait and see how this pizza thing pans out before we go in to that.

I think we should wait and see how this pizza thing pans out before we go in to that.
    Thin pan pizza? What the heck has that got to do with the price of cheese?

Blog Entries

Thin pan pizza? What the heck has that got to do with the price of cheese?
    I thought it was deep pan?

Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to find these pizza jokes very funny.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to find these pizza jokes very funny.
    I wasn't joking about the story it's self, I'm talking about Trump, I wouldn't joke about child abuse.

I wasn't joking about the story it's self, I'm talking about Trump, I wouldn't joke about child abuse.
    Do you believe there's any truth in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Fascinating and shocking - even if quarter accurate.

Yes, I know it's The Guardian, and not some utterly trustworthy source. .. Such as.... ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e_iOSApp_Other
    "Squawk, fake news, fake news, who's a pretty boy, Polly wants a cracker!"

As you say, shocking even if only a quarter true. Seems some may have been taken in hook, line and sinker - another reason to avoid Facebook.

I haven't witnessed it first hand, yet but it is reported that Trump has been holding forth in a pre-recorded interview on his friend Fox News containing a fair few blame and insinuations - apparently unchallenged, unillustrated and possiby unfounded.

If that is the case, and other MSM's are increasingly branded 'Fake' and depicted as 'untrustworthy', where is the potential for an all-out disinformation program going to be checked? And by whom?

I understand that things were likely dangerous and wrong before, and that the existing political system and media needed a bloody nose, but not with its hands tied behind its back, while we watch, agog?

I haven't witnessed it first hand, yet but it is reported that Trump has been holding forth in a pre-recorded interview on his friend Fox News containing a fair few blame and insinuations - apparently unchallenged, unillustrated and possiby unfounded.

If that is the case, and other MSM's are increasingly branded 'Fake' and depicted as 'untrustworthy', where is the potential for an all-out disinformation program going to be checked? And by whom?

I understand that things were likely dangerous and wrong before, and that the existing political system and media needed a bloody nose, but not with its hands tied behind its back, while we watch, agog?
    Looks like Obama foresaw what was going to happen. In his final press conference he said:

“You’re not supposed to be sycophants; you’re supposed to be skeptics. You’re supposed to ask me tough questions. You’re not supposed to be complimentary, but you’re supposed to cast a critical eye on folks who hold enormous power...

...essential to that is a free press. That is part of how this place, this country, this grand experiment in self-government has to work. It doesn’t work if we don’t have a well-informed citizenry and you are the conduit through which they receive the information about what’s taking place in the halls of power. So, America needs you, and our democracy needs you.”

Agreed, it's a novel approach to try to put right a failing system by making it worse.

Looks like Obama foresaw what was going to happen. In his final press conference he said:

“You’re not supposed to be sycophants; you’re supposed to be skeptics. You’re supposed to ask me tough questions. You’re not supposed to be complimentary, but you’re supposed to cast a critical eye on folks who hold enormous power...

...essential to that is a free press. That is part of how this place, this country, this grand experiment in self-government has to work. It doesn’t work if we don’t have a well-informed citizenry and you are the conduit through which they receive the information about what’s taking place in the halls of power. So, America needs you, and our democracy needs you.”
    It's easy to say that when you know that you've got the press in your pocket! From Wikileaks we learned that the MSM were sending their articles to Clinton's team for prior approval and amendment, they were handing over the debate questions to Hillary in advance, and they were also being instructed about what negative stuff they should be writing about Trump. The free press? You are a very funny guy lardy. Either that or you will believe any old crap that is put in front of you
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 28-02-17 at 10:07.

It's easy to say that when you know that you've got the press in your pocket! From Wikileaks we learned that the MSM were sending their articles to Clinton's team for prior approval and amendment, they were handing over the debate questions to Hillary in advance, and they were also being instructed about what negative stuff they should be writing about Trump. The free press? You are a very funny guy lardy. Either that or you will believe any old crap that is put in front of you
    Those were Obama's words, not mine. You're free to take it up with him...just don't tell Daddy that you've been talking to other presidents

So tell me again, Obama is the crook that this man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37zvOZ17eSE

is rescuing us from, right?

Those were Obama's words, not mine. You're free to take it up with him...just don't tell Daddy that you've been talking to other presidents
    In that case, you would have used the phrase 'hoodwinked the public', instead of foresaw what was going to happen
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 28-02-17 at 10:23.

In that case, you would have used the word 'hoodwinked' instead of foresaw
    This makes no sense.

This makes no sense.
    Take off those dark glasses then

Ok Gluey, putting aside who said the words, and that Obama and Hillary were nasty to Daddy and you have to defend his honour at all times, what of that quote do you disagree with? Do you think all sides of the press should only defend the president (whoever that may be) and he/she should be above criticism and analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So tell me again, Obama is the crook that this man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37zvOZ17eSE

is rescuing us from, right?
    Number 2 is particularly apt for this discussion.

Ok Gluey, putting aside who said the words, and that Obama and Hillary were nasty to Daddy and you have to defend his honour at all times, what of that quote do you disagree with? Do you think all sides of the press should only defend the president (whoever that may be) and he/she should be above criticism and analysis?
    I am not defending anybody. That speech was made after we learned about the incestuous relationship that existed between the Democrats and the MSM. Now these are not my words, nor Trump's words, they come from the Democrats themselves. So just stick to the facts and stop using diversionary techniques. Now read Obama's words again in the context of the above.

I am not defending anybody. That speech was made after we learned about the incestuous relationship that existed between the Democrats and the MSM. Now these are not my words, nor Trump's words, they come from the Democrats themselves. So just stick to the facts and stop using diversionary techniques. Now read Obama's words again in the context of the above.
    Diversionary techniques.

Simple question avoided. All we need to know. Enjoy your day.

Diversionary techniques.

Simple question avoided. All we need to know. Enjoy your day.
    OK, I'll help you

The words above are an inversion of what we know to be true, as disclosed by the democrats themselves. So what is it exactly that Obama foresaw?
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 28-02-17 at 11:00.

OK, I'll help you

The words above are an inversion of what we know to be true, as disclosed by the democrats themselves. So what is it exactly that Obama foresaw?
    Are you using the Royal "we" there?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Are you using the Royal "we" there?
    We = the world.